Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Monday. You Know What That Means?

MailliWaH

THEY NEED TO BUFF THE REAPER PRIME! So much time for a weapon that sucks! I've been saying this alot through the forums lately, but understand that it really needs a buff because I really like this weapon and many does, but when it sucks this bad, its really dissapointing.

P.S Excuse my english grammar, it isnt  my first language. :I

THEY NEED TO BUFF THE REAPER PRIME! So much time for a weapon that sucks! I've been saying this alot through the forums lately, but understand that it really needs a buff because I really like this weapon and many does, but when it sucks this bad, its really dissapointing.

P.S Excuse my english grammar, it isnt  my first language. :I

They've been needed to buff the Prime Frames and weapons for a while now

It seems like a really terrible idea to have something that should be relatively simple (especially if the loot system has no outside modifiers) yet critical to the game to be something that they can't test and fix that easily.

Welcome to software development.

Let me tell you a story. In a programming class years ago, I once had to make a very simple (we're talking less than 100 lines of code here) trivia game. I went above and included three images - a :) when you got it right, a :( when you got it wrong, and an X( when you were out of guesses.

99/100 times, the system worked flawlessly.

But 1/100 times, the game displayed the wrong image. Neither I nor my instructor could figure out why it did this. In fact, to this day, I still haven't figure out why, every once and awhile, the game will just randomly call up the wrong image.

In another game I once had to program for the same class (this one a racing game), every once and awhile the player color would change, seemingly for no reason. It turns out that the code I was using to time each player was interacting oddly with the color select code, even though these two pieces of code were supposed to be completely isolated from one another.

And I compulsively comment my code. Fixing bugs like this gets 9000x harder if the programmer in charge doesn't.

In short, with the way computer code works it's entirely possible that this is a bug, rather than malicious intent.

The forma requirement for dojo and more to the point, the specific pricing therein is a lot less defensible as a bug though.

It seems like a really terrible idea to have something that should be relatively simple (especially if the loot system has no outside modifiers) yet critical to the game to be something that they can't test and fix that easily.

You forget U7 redirection/vitality bug. That thing persisted for week and they didn't find it until much, much later.

To be frank, I'll wait for the livestream. Give them some time to think this through.

Jerry is right though. The way computer code works, it's entirely possible that this is a bug, and while it might seem simple to say "fix bugs", the reality is much different.

When money is involved you need to make sure there aren't any bugs. Especially when they were working on this update for 2 months.

When money is involved you need to make sure there aren't any bugs. Especially when they were working on this update for 2 months.

Have you ever played any video game ever? Bugs are a fact of life, and all you can do is minimize them and, with the advent of the internet, patch them when you can.

I'm too impatient here, but they took a lot of my money this week ($80) to be exact, and I want answers.*

Really? Out of all of the whining threads I've seen the General Discussions forum area degrade into, this topic is easily the most pathetic. You are the one who decided to enter your payment information for Warframe so you could buy platinum so you could then buy whatever it is you wanted to buy with said platinum. You are the sole person responsible for making the choice to buy platinum, so don't go making bullcrap threads such as this one just because you are fed up over not having something right away. Warframe is the product of people's careers; people who have to make money off of what we call enjoyment. Learn about the real world and then come back and say something meaningful instead of making yourself look like a complete fool.

Edited by AsperKaos

Have you ever played any video game ever? Bugs are a fact of life, and all you can do is minimize them and, with the advent of the internet, patch them when you can.

QFT. DE has a pretty bad string for releasing buggy updates for Warframe. Every update so far require a week or two to fix multiple aspects of it, from map to item droprate.

Warframe is literally bug heaven. So many bugs are introduced each patch that its really counterproductive to spend additional time to fix bugs that keep popping up. Its either their Evolution Engine may not be a very stable engine or their code writing is not too clean.

Really? Out of all of the whining threads I've seen the General Discussions forum area degrade into, this topic is easily the most pathetic. You are the one who decided to enter your payment information for Warframe so you could buy platinum so you could then buy whatever it is you wanted to buy with said platinum. You are the sole person responsible for making the choice to buy platinum, so don't go making bullcrap threads such as this one just because you are fed up over not having something right away. Warframe is the product of people's careers; people who have to make money off of what we call enjoyment. Learn about the real world and then come back and say something meaningful instead of making yourself look like a complete fool.

Heh heh. Sorry, I had a real kick at this post so I had to chuckle a little.

You see, there's this thing called the English language. I'm well aware that you're quite familiar with this language, but the problem is, you didn't understand the main points of this thread before you attacked me.

Before I get through the points that you missed throughout this thread, I suggest you watch your tone with me. Before you insult me, you best read whatever the F*** I write before you degrade yourself to a child and throw insults at me. Understood?

Let's go through this together, shall we, sir?

When I use the word "they took", it's a very appropriate phrase as to what happened with my money. I would say that I gladly spent money on the keys knowing that I would have a fair chance at getting what I wanted. If you paid attention to the current events in Warframe, you should know by now the Latron Prime Receiver and the Reaper Prime Blade are very hard to come by and that's just me being modest. That is perceived as a "glitch" or a "coding error" that their drop rate is so low so it might be understandable. Here's the main point about this, they didn't mention that fact.

That being said, many people bought the keys not knowing that the drop rate would be "glitched" and it would be insanely low. They know what they were getting into when they bought it, except for that one MINOR detail they did not realize when they released the update. So it's fair to say, THEY TOOK our money without telling us about this "error" we did not know about until trial-and-error + $$$$$ wasted.

So when you say it was ME, who is the one who bought the platinum and it was ME who is responsible for what I purchase, it should be THEIR responsibility to compensate us or at least warn us for making US waste money on something that is quite possibly an "error".

I'd appreciate if you read the general message I tried to get across to the general populace in this single post. I apologize if I sound aggravated to you, but next time, don't be such a child to throw insults without reading what I write. 

EDIT: So even after all that, do I, my fellow denizens of Warframe, not have the right to ask for answers for our problem at hand?

Edited by SaintWilliam

Warframe is literally bug heaven. So many bugs are introduced each patch that its really counterproductive to spend additional time to fix bugs that keep popping up. Its either their Evolution Engine may not be a very stable engine or their code writing is not too clean.

Well, consider that DE is working with a very small team at the moment. Many of the larger publishers have the budget necessary to have dedicated debugging teams. Warframe by comparison, only seems to be preforming the most basic tests to confirm 'well this doesn't crash our system, next'. Annoying certainly, but somewhat understandable, given the resource they're working with.