Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Warframes Enemies Need To Be Re-Thought

Doughalo2

Recently i went back and played some halo combat evolved and various other halo's after an enormous break playing warframe and studying. What I came to realise is that even in halo 1 a 14 year old title, the AI move and act so much superior to the AI in warframe.

The AI in warframe are behond terrible, they are a joke and pose no challenge and are so boring to fight.

Then I remember the stalker, G3, Zanuka/Hyenas, Bursa's and manics. What I propose is that these  enemies with this unique fighting style and make the average normal enemies and even more unique mini bosses are made.

In halo enemies differ from elites, hunters, jackals, Promethean's, crawlers and the many flood forms. They have unique fighting styles, unique animations, unique and vastly different models, not just skins. IN fact this is the case for most video games 10 years ago...

Now in warframe i was wondering why i was burnt out, its cause everthing basically has the same model (even the sand manta ray thingy has the same invisible model), gore animations, same accuracy, behaviors, skins and they are all stupid AI.

VERY.STUPID.CLONES allllll the way through this game.

Except when it comes to bosses and minibosses. 

So ? for the longevity of this game and for your longterm richness DE you should think about that and act fast.

In fact its so bad ive had more fun on adventure capatalist (no joke) But warframes art and feel are solid + music :)

AI are dumb and mostly broken.... their tactics are screwed, I once saw the best formation ever, Ballista at the end, Gunners and Napalms at the back, they won`t attack as she is in their way, and she can`t hit S#&$, her accuracy drops in close range....

tho there was a bug back at U14 or a little before it, Gunners were rolling/side dodging o.o it was too damn fun, a gunner actually tries to avoid damage, heavy units are dumbest units ever, they always start a staring contest they will never win, they see you, hold ground and shoot, if they take dmg, they don`t act, continue staring and shooting, this "tactic" is too boring, I would rather have heavy units smarter than normal units, dodging/rolling/doing handsprings/anything, at least ducking ._.

Stalker is the funniest fight i ever had in PVE, tho he is broken as hell and unbalanced, I enjoy fighting him when he actually fights, not just ROFLstomp me and leave :/

I think if Grineer or Corpus units would work together like Brutes and Grunts for example, it would actually make you feel like there is some kind of ranking order in their armies instead of everyone being a...well, grunt.

Have a Grineer commander actually command his troops or an Eximus doing the same for example.

Edited by DJ_Vauban

I think if Grineer or Corpus units would work together like Brutes and Grunts for example, it would actually make you feel like there is some kind of ranking order in their armies instead of everyone being a...well, grunt.

Have a Grineer commander actually command his troops or an Eximus doing the same for example.

AI are dumb and mostly broken.... their tactics are screwed, I once saw the best formation ever, Ballista at the end, Gunners and Napalms at the back, they won`t attack as she is in their way, and she can`t hit S#&$, her accuracy drops in close range....

tho there was a bug back at U14 or a little before it, Gunners were rolling/side dodging o.o it was too damn fun, a gunner actually tries to avoid damage, heavy units are dumbest units ever, they always start a staring contest they will never win, they see you, hold ground and shoot, if they take dmg, they don`t act, continue staring and shooting, this "tactic" is too boring, I would rather have heavy units smarter than normal units, dodging/rolling/doing handsprings/anything, at least ducking ._.

Stalker is the funniest fight i ever had in PVE, tho he is broken as hell and unbalanced, I enjoy fighting him when he actually fights, not just ROFLstomp me and leave :/

yes very good ideas, hopefully its the way warframe heads

Honestly at this point the major in-game mechanic we need to push on DE is instead of adding more enemies/weapons/frames/etc, work on improving the AI of the different enemy factions and give them their own tactics.

Just an example:

Grineer can be very militant, structured, moving in groups of two's or fours at lower ranks and the tanks usually attract a fireteam of grunts as extra firepower.

Corpus are more mercenary, work in singles or teams of two or three, Moa's form their own separate "flocks" and strike at range while the crewmen try to close the distance to finish off whatever the Moa's are forcing into cover.

Infested are the only one's I would leave alone, since they are literally supposed to be Flood/zombie tactics.

Void, well....can't come up with anything off the top of my head, feel free to chime in with thoughts on this idea however.

I've always wanted Grineer's strict military structure to act as their identity, strength and weakness. A clear-defined squad would have a leader (Commander, heavy units, what have you) that would give both coherent and predictable orders; killing the leader/champion would cause a brief panic among the soldiers before they can retreat or regroup. The higher the level of a leader, the more soldiers he could order in a squad. 

Heavy units could be something like in God Hand or Torchlight 2 where bosses and champions in higher difficulty level gained completely new abilities/moves/properties. For example, Heavy Gunner up to level 20 would be the plain gunner we know, but after certain level she could have an ability to set up a makeshift rampart and go suppress fire mode (high fire rate and defensive bonus to herself). 

Corpus on the other hand would be more haphazard, deploying MOAs and Ospreys for initial suppression but not having a clear organization. Snipers and gunners would run around bunched up together, MOAs would sometimes go into derp mode if their order isn't renewed by Corpus programmer or target disappears briefly, etc. I'd really like Corpus to have a clearer defensive trait compared to Grineers (Grineers are the conquering empire, Corpus have corporate properties and tech to defend); the various stomp/stun MOAs and area-denial Ospreys and, yes, even Nullifiers are a good start and it'd be great to see Bursas added as tankers of the Corpus. 

Crewmen units are the biggest gripe I have with Corpus, from their bland recolored looks to their roles. I feel that MOAs should be the main firepower of the Corpus in their numbers, while Crewmen are mostly defended by the MOAs. (So spawn more--much, much more--MOAs, less Crewmen.) Snipers and Tech can stay; what I'd really like to see is a Lich/Necromancer-like head engineer Crewman who can bunch up MOA carcasses together to summon a giant mechanical abomination that is just barely in control of itself.