Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dread Has No Armor Ignore?

Syllabea

Is this intended? It has higher base damage than the Paris, but one would think that Stalker's bow would have Armor Ignore. Having 60 base damage and low fire rate is near useless with frames like Frost and Rhino having base 60% Damage Reduction. Perhaps it's a bug and will be fixed shortly? If not, then i might get rid of it once it's level 30 T_T

I hope it is a bug. I love it. Still haven't been able to get it, got Despair instead <.<'

But i really love bows, and stalker bow Dread is just, well, fantastic. But that "no innate armor penetration" just makes me feel that Paris is better. And i hope not. I really want this Dread bow to be something worth my time, since i'm making countless solo mission, since i get Stalker to show up more times x.x

Dread is the Paris reskin with arrows that have a really broad and un-aerodynamic head, right? It might not have armor ignore as an inside joke for how oddly the arrows are shaped. Paris has arrows at have... Essentially needles for arrowheads, of course that would just go through armor.

Edited by VanillaRegal

Headshot damage Vs. low level Grineer does barely more than base damage without Armor Ignore.

Headshot with a braton = 20 damage

Uncharged headshot with dread = 60

Charged  headshot with dread = 120 (I believe it is doubled)

What's wrong with this?

Dread isn't supposed to have armor ignore. It isn't a bolt weapon, it's a slashing weapon; you can one-shot infected with uncharged arrows from it.

Having a slow firing weapon that has a small ammo supply for infested is pretty awful. I would trade x3 damage on light infested for armour ignore any day. Bows are not for infested and if you are using one on them you will most likely die.

Having a slow firing weapon that has a small ammo supply for infested is pretty awful. I would trade x3 damage on light infested for armour ignore any day. Bows are not for infested and if you are using one on them you will most likely die.

Then just use Paris.

Dread and Despair have trade-offs from their counterparts, rather than being direct upgrades. It's intended, and I personnally enjoy the idea.

Well, if you look at the arrows for the Dread, they seem to be a broadhead arrow which indeed would not penetrate armor as effectively as the more bodkin designed arrowheads on the Paris. Just an observation but I'll take a guess that things are working as intended.

While the arrows do have a blade instead of a point I think having it without armour ignore hinders its use. Making it do X3 against make you think it should be better at that but being a bow makes even that not useful. Making something specialized for a task that does not fit it is pointless, this would be the same as giving the boar the snipetrons scope.

Right now the paris is easier to get and better than the dread. While having a blade with armour ignore doesnt make as much sense as a bolt weapon it should still be added. A rare, hard to obtain weapon should be a little better than a weapon you can get on day one.

While the arrows do have a blade instead of a point I think having it without armour ignore hinders its use. Making it do X3 against make you think it should be better at that but being a bow makes even that not useful. Making something specialized for a task that does not fit it is pointless, this would be the same as giving the boar the snipetrons scope.

Right now the paris is easier to get and better than the dread. While having a blade with armour ignore doesnt make as much sense as a bolt weapon it should still be added. A rare, hard to obtain weapon should be a little better than a weapon you can get on day one.

I disagree.

The Stalker weapons aren't really that rare, as killing bosses enough makes him show up quite often. (He's easier than farming Void Keys,Forma, and Potatoes, at least) For that reason, I feel it makes sense for them to not be straight upgrades.

If the Dread did have armor ignore, it would be a HUGE upgrade over Paris.

Also, like I mentioned, the Dread can still shoot rather fast by tapping out uncharged shots (which still shred infested and can clear a mob rather quickly) The arrows are also faster, and have less dip than the Paris, meaning you can snipe running infested if you know how to lead them. (I'll admit, lag makes this suck more than it should.)

Gotta be honest, I like my dread a lot more than my Paris, probably cause I'm good at headshots and have no problem taking out just about any target. Also, with thunderbolt smacked on, I don't have many problems with the infected, having 3x damage I kill most before they even get to me given enough range.

I disagree.

The Stalker weapons aren't really that rare, as killing bosses enough makes him show up quite often. (He's easier than farming Void Keys,Forma, and Potatoes, at least) For that reason, I feel it makes sense for them to not be straight upgrades.

If the Dread did have armor ignore, it would be a HUGE upgrade over Paris.

Also, like I mentioned, the Dread can still shoot rather fast by tapping out uncharged shots (which still shred infested and can clear a mob rather quickly) The arrows are also faster, and have less dip than the Paris, meaning you can snipe running infested if you know how to lead them. (I'll admit, lag makes this suck more than it should.)

Understandable.

I did not know that were faster and had less drop, I have not used my paris in a bit and thought they were the same in that regard. If it did get armour ignore in that state then yes it would be a big upgrade and not something I would want.

I do not want a big upgrade (as you said the stalker weapon are not that rare) but I do want the dread to be a weapon that makes people go "wow, you got the dread? it is pretty sweet". Right now though I do not really use it as so many other weapons are better at infested (still don't have thunderbolt so I cant talk about that here). If the ammo supply for snipers were a bit better then I would use it more but the limited ammo count and low sniper drops makes it less useful to me than other guns.

I imagine if I had thunderbolt and multishot for rifles it might be a great weapon for infested (fire into a crowd and no more crowd I would think).

On a side note I must say how nice you are being in having a proper argument, thank you for that.

Understandable.

I did not know that were faster and had less drop, I have not used my paris in a bit and thought they were the same in that regard. If it did get armour ignore in that state then yes it would be a big upgrade and not something I would want.

I do not want a big upgrade (as you said the stalker weapon are not that rare) but I do want the dread to be a weapon that makes people go "wow, you got the dread? it is pretty sweet". Right now though I do not really use it as so many other weapons are better at infested (still don't have thunderbolt so I cant talk about that here). If the ammo supply for snipers were a bit better then I would use it more but the limited ammo count and low sniper drops makes it less useful to me than other guns.

I imagine if I had thunderbolt and multishot for rifles it might be a great weapon for infested (fire into a crowd and no more crowd I would think).

On a side note I must say how nice you are being in having a proper argument, thank you for that.

Yeah, thunderbolt is pretty insane. (Don't quote me on this, but I think the entire explosion does slashing damage.)

I've run into quite a few people using Dread on Xini, and they tend to do awesome clears of normal infesteds in a wave, letting the rest up us single out the ancients.

Yeah, thunderbolt is pretty insane. (Don't quote me on this, but I think the entire explosion does slashing damage.)

I've run into quite a few people using Dread on Xini, and they tend to do awesome clears of normal infesteds in a wave, letting the rest up us single out the ancients.

Now I want thunderbolt even more. If the explosion does do slashing damage then the dread would indeed be amazing for infested and would have no need for armour ignore. I see now that comparing paris and dread may seem logical at the start but the more I look into it this is not the case. Maybe the main reason why I wanted armour ignore was to bodyshot grineer and split them in two (a fun feature with dread).

I will spend a bit more time play infested defence with the dread and see how it goes, who knows I might even get that wonderful mod (most likely not with my luck).

I hope it is a bug. I love it. Still haven't been able to get it, got Despair instead <.<'

But i really love bows, and stalker bow Dread is just, well, fantastic. But that "no innate armor penetration" just makes me feel that Paris is better. And i hope not. I really want this Dread bow to be something worth my time, since i'm making countless solo mission, since i get Stalker to show up more times x.x

I hope it isnt a bug. If the Dread would have innate armor piercing, the Paris would be just useless.

It would be totally okay however, if Dread would do more damage than Paris, but only the Paris had armor piercing.

It makes no sense in adding 2 weapons, where the one is completely obsolete, because the other is way better.

Same goes for Kunais/WhateverTheStalkerVersionIsNamed. There should be a noticable difference, not a superior thing.

Then give it only partial AP. Just to make it useful against ancients and grineer because as it stands if you try the higher levels of Xini (since apparently it's meant for clearing infested) you'll get in trouble quick.

I disagree.

That bow has arrows that are designed to cause considerable harm to unprotected Tenno, what you can notice on the arrow design - Made to tear and dismember.

which begs the question, has anyone ever tried the stalker weapons against himself ? Cuz whenever i wanted to try it, he always targets my teammates and they either run away to extraction faster than you can say "Lets just fight it" or die with a simple poke

Edited by Ferrick

I hate it too.Piercing hit needs INSANE 9 points in (5 when polarized). AND it is ONLY weapon with bots,that does not have passive armor pierc. 

Even the 2x V polarity slots are good,this makes dread really low weapon (even i can score headshot for 1,5k dmg with it [plus another 1,5k dmg by multishot]),so i am up for adding passive armor pierc.

Innate armor piercing is just more generally useful. That's why the Boltor and Bolto(s) are so damn good as generalist weapons. If it weren't for the Dread lacking it, it would be a straight upgrade to the Paris. Dread is much easier to hit enemies with, particularly Infested (which it just destroys). I don't think there's a problem with one bow being more useful in some situations that others; it's not like the Dread is unusable against Grineer or anything.

All the people complaining about dread not having AP need to understand that it is a specialized weapon. It's like asking for a boltor velocity and spread buff because it sucks at long range

if you want an all around weapon go and grab a braton

The way the games scales mobs makes Vulkar and Dread do less and less damage as mob level increases. They can stack elemental and critical damage like any other weapon but why use them? The Sniptron and Paris are hassle free weapons that you can use on level 100+ mobs. 

The new sniper guns are inferior weapons, when you do a comparison to the existing sniper weapons. I defer it to others to figure out what to be done with them because they are not up to the benchmark of the weapons already in game. I am not a heavy sniper player but even I can see these guns might need more love to make them unique.