Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Can Fly But Zephyr Cant

Axeroix

well his cloud walking gives him more of an illusion of fighting than Zephyr has

It's an illusion and nothing else. As previously stated, the two abilities do entirely different things. Although not technically able to fly, Zephyr's mobility is about the best in the game, while Cloudwalking actually appears to decrease Wukong's speed. Due to the insane vertical mobility granted to every frame by parkour 2.0, Wukong's flight will probably end up being mostly useless, as any frame can move up and down far faster, and Cloudwalking doesn't provide the massive horizontal mobility increase that Tail Wind does.

Tail Wind's flight makes Zephyr the fastest frame in the game. Cloudwalking is purely a survivability skill with a tacked on flight mechanic that does almost nothing.

I smell a Zephyr rework coming soon! :)

No serisously, considering how rarely i see her anywhere and how bad most of her Powerkit is, i really think a rework is apropiapte. Secondly i do assume that the integration of Archwing into the regular Missions set the technical foundation of "flying" in missions, so it´s probably gonna happen anyway. 

Eh I wouldn't say it needs a downside. Zephyr really has nothing going for her really. Except a Tonkor build.. She is bad enough that we don't have to consider a nerf for her buff.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to use the frame for more than 5 minutes before posting here.

Your "use ability" button might be broken. I'd recommend getting it checked out.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

zephyr is not a bird its a warframe 

A bird-themed warframe that is supposed to "dominate from the skies" but can neither dominate nor stay in the air while or without spamming Tailwind, along with the rest of her kit which has no synergy

Zephyr rework > limbo rework

Edited by AdunSaveMe

So we got dragon and now monkey whats next ? tiger ?

Perhaps PANDA ?

LOL and we also got cat, rhino, seahorse, hammerhead sharks, dogs and even Parasaurolophus  ...

I don't know perhaps HUMAN?

Edited: oh wait we got nova prime and limbo as human o_o

---

To the topic, in fact, Volt is the one who flies better than Zephyr.

Edited by climatiseur

Eh I wouldn't say it needs a downside. Zephyr really has nothing going for her really. Except a Tonkor build.. She is bad enough that we don't have to consider a nerf for her buff.

Giving a frame the ability of flight with weapons enabled would give a lot of accuracy loss to the enemy due to movement and distance. So you will reduce the damage coming your way. That can be balanced out by taking more damage from the hits you do take.

• 2 weeks later...

and if you actually play zephyr often you usually target those enemies right away soooo yea.

Target what? Like 90% of the whole Grineer army that uses hitscan weapons?

Giving a frame the ability of flight with weapons enabled would give a lot of accuracy loss to the enemy due to movement and distance. So you will reduce the damage coming your way. That can be balanced out by taking more damage from the hits you do take.

Easily balanced by giving Zephyr an unstable reticle while she's in flight mode simulating that it's hard to keep a steady aim while you're flying.

Target what? Like 90% of the whole Grineer army that uses hitscan weapons?

actually forgot to mention unless you run a negative range build you should pretty much never be hit by hitscan anyway since you know the outer shield. only enemy really a threat is those with a high rate of fire - Heavy gunner

Edited by Dillon_J

He's not even flying. Mechanically, he's just going invisible like Ash & Loki. Lore wise,  he's riding on a cloud or simply jumping way into the air. If you look closely, when he activates the power, he jumps into the air. The cloud thing is only there to act as a visual aid so you can see where you're going. 

Pff... why need to fly, when you can instant teleport like Loki?!

#LokiMasterRace!!

Yeah,But Loki can teleport to Higher ground as easy as zeph can fly to it.

Also, doing two abilities is slow and Zephyr can get to her destination quicker.

Zephyr destroys Loki in mobility, actually she destroys every frame in mobility, is it even comparable?

Yeah,But Loki can teleport to Higher ground as easy as zeph can fly to it.

Also, doing two abilities is slow and Zephyr can get to her destination quicker.

Zephyr destroys Loki in mobility, actually she destroys every frame in mobility, is it even comparable?

You can fly all and to wherever you want.... Switch teleport. Done!! Lol

Zephyr is not totally useless, and her powers have some omissions in regards to parkour, but overall she's not TOO bad after parkour 2.0. But she's nothing to write home about. Too many,  too inflexible air mobility powers. 

She'll get a rework, and Vauban's jumpity-jumps as well, in time. 

Actually, Parkour 2.0 really made her more air-friendly then ever before.

I kind of go into it here from another post I was replying too, regarding her as a whole, but mainly her First ability:

Also distance travelled is irrelevant now since parkour 2.0 which made zephyr irrelevant now, you can travel to your target faster than a loki on steroids. So that point about range goes away quite quickly.

Just to clarify, you are referring to her first ability correct? Because beyond that, her other skills and lighter weight passive are still up to snuff. Speaking of her passive, it's alot more controllable and for some players, can be alot more enjoyable now (if you're into) regarding airborne combat. So with that being said, she is still pretty relevant, especially since her other 3 abilities were unaffected. But regardless, I assume you're talking about how "irrelevant her 1st ability" is, no? Not patronizing, it just seemed to be a silly claim if you're talking about the frame as a whole lol.

I figure you are talking about the former;

Though personality I still use her 1st quite often do to the shorter time it takes to get straight up in the air versus to look down or up then ctrl+space (bullet jump) for me personally. Though barely not that much quicker, but hey, different strokes for different folks, it's just another option how I see it. Also to point out (if her Range isn't under 85%), you still traverse faster from point A to B, vertically and/or horizontally speaking.

If DE decides to do any sort of tweak or a complete change of her 1st ability in general, is up in the air (EDIT: heh, just realized, I made a pun xD), but she's still a pretty fun frame in general; personal preference of course, assuming one does enjoy her CC on her 2nd and 4th, her 3rd (Turbulance), and generally significantly longer airborne combat (I personally use either a elemental-jump mod for long airbore/wall-clinging time or Aviator since the damage reduction coupled with the whatever goes on when you aim in mid-air and the enemies (close by?) have that hard time shooting directly at you (also Turbulence as a plus with all that as well~), and so on.

Though you could argue that just slamming the ground with your melee will get the job done just as well and fast, regarding her 2nd ability, though correct me on this, depending on melee weapon of course, Divebomb still has full, larger 360° range that can be extended via range mods. But I'm not entire sure if all melee weapons have a full and equal 360 range as sometimes I noticed the range what's in-front of you over behind is noticeably longer, due to obviously that you are extending your weapon out. But digressions, digressions. Just leaving that there just in case if it gets brought up haha~

Also remember, Zephyr, along with Oberon, Nekros (other then a Desecrate build for those particular environments), Hydroid and Mirage all aren't exactly the most used Warframes in the game. Though Nekros (Mirage maybe?) I would say panned out better, but during the 6th release up until the 11th with Mirage, they're definitely not the most popular of frames. But regardless, I think of it as, there's always a little something for everyone, no matter how big or small, lol.

Just my two sense on it.

Personally, the fact I can stay in the air for significantly longer now (also adding jump mods can greatly increase it as well), her niche within an airborne combat frame really highlights this now.

Like I said, Parour 2.0 mostly did fairly well on her. In worst case, didn't affect her much at all.

It does affect, however, as far as distance and overall flexibility comparing with other Warframes, they definitely have caught up with her, though obviously not quite via less gravity passive and/or if using a Jetstream build, can push it further to an overall faster frame while airborne.

Remember, assuming your range is not under 85%, you can still traverse faster from point A to point B then a normal bulletjump from another Warframe, horizontally and vertically speaking. Not much mind you, but how I see it currently, just another option via different strokes for different folks; as I put it in my quote up there lol.

I really doubt she'll get a "rework" persay, but more along the lines of some tweaks here and there like the soon-to-be Valkyr quality-of-life changes.

I really don't think it's going to be a complete overhaul like it was with Ember and Nekros from a few months back, as well as the more recently Frost rework.

What I'm honestly hoping for, is at some point to give her the eventually pbr treatment, but the more optimistic side of me really hopes for, is that they apply the cloth physics to her ends and bits (more intune with the Ormolu Kyroptera Syandana, and less like looking like an actual piece of cloth haha), so it's not just an odd-looking, hard rock-like feather(s), and more towards actually protracting and retracting, depending on what skills are currently being used or movement in general.

Honestly though, I think it's more likely that's going to happen is we might get a premium skin at some point possibly instead that works more in favour on what I was talking about lol.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow