Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #60 Overview

AM-Bunny

Valkyr's Hysteria will work like Exalted Blade - it will be toggleable and will only use weapon mods, not the weapon stats

Squeee

until they nerf it back to useless yay... cuz you know its still has god-mode.... and if its damage gets close to EB.... you will see nerf so hard that game will physically punch you.

I'm betting next week, but they didn't commit to that - probably giving themselves some elbow room if something unexpected comes up.

I really want those weapons - could that be the first Corpus shotgun?? 

I hope so. It looks like a fun weapon. Shotgun stats would make it for me, personally.

Really looking forward to play as Atlas. The shield and Ult truly look like a hell of a lot of fun to play around with. And the first abillity combo chain seems to be pretty awesome as well. I just want to see the actual Armor stats on it to see if it will actually be usefull later on in long survival games. Atleast it's ult is pretty freaking awesome!

Thanks for the overview (don't have time to watch the full stream right now).

Can someone explain what the void "exploding" is all about?

Thanks.

star chart changes, somehow prime parts will be out of void. Void should still be around though. Hopefully it's changed to a special place instead of a farming place

star chart changes, somehow prime parts will be out of void. Void should still be around though. Hopefully it's changed to a special place instead of a farming place

Hmmm. I can't say I understand (right now) the logic of taking prime parts out of the void.

Unless they have so much new content to add that there is no more room in the void...?

Thanks.

Wu Kong (Monkey King)
So Sumpo Food strikes again: this will become common "exlcusive for China".

"Timed exclusive" We are eligible for it 30 days later.

Also not that the Chinese Warframe build is many builds behind us, We get everythign else before them. Also this is a Open beta special.

I don't see an issue.

Hmmm. I can't say I understand (right now) the logic of taking prime parts out of the void.

Unless they have so much new content to add that there is no more room in the void...?

Thanks.

The logic is simple, the execution not so much.

The logic is that void drop tables are dilluted and people constantly complain about it. DE is at least trying to figure out a way to do something about that. Removing some parts (Frost, Mag, etc,) was part of that. They'll come back, but the void "exploding" is that all prime parts will be moved to the star chart instead. They don't know how they'll do it exactly. Last I head the plan was a "sort of alert" like system, where, say, Ash Prime Helmet appears on.. say Ceres - Egeria. But the tileset, and mission type will be random, so as not to be so dull. 

This will come along with the Star Chart being compacted to some 20-40 nodes or something like that, rather than the 100+ there is now. Lots of people are quite unhappy about the idea. I for one am glad they decided to do something rather than keep adding Tower levels so we don't wind up with Tower 30 rotation C 0.0000001% chance to drop parts.

Edited by DeathwingZero

dont be, it will be nerfed to back useless status in right next patch what will occur after rework. Just keep focussing on that warcry.

We'll see,they'll most likey make syndicates mods useless on valkyr as well and exalted blade is still up and running so i doubt it they'll nerf hysteria, I wouldn't mind if they straight up removed the invincibility and kept hysteria a life steal ability. But then again valkyr and excal have different playstyles, with valkyr you have to face tank , with excal you don't. But im also excited for hysteria finally being togglable, as for the pre corpus skin..........well i have to see it in game.. the hype dies down everytime i see a new screenshot of it..expected it to be way better :(

Edited by (PS4)EvilFlowerChild

Thanks.

Honestly, they ran out of room a long time ago. That's why Mag and Frost Prime have been vaulted.

Plus, there are lots of great tilesets and mission types in the game, but with the way it's set up, veteran players are encouraged to simply go to The Void for everything. This results in 'Void Fatigue'.

The basic idea is simply to spread those rewards, and incentivize playing more tilesets and mission types. It's not clear how it will work exactly yet, though.

The logic is simple, the execution not so much.

The logic is that void drop tables are dilluted and people constantly complain about it. DE is at least trying to figure out a way to do something about that. Removing some parts (Frost, Mag, etc,) was part of that. They'll come back, but the void "exploding" is that all prime parts will be moved to the star chart instead. They don't know how they'll do it exactly. Last I head the plan was a "sort of alert" like system, where, say, Ash Prime Helmet appears on.. say Ceres - Egeria. But the tileset, and mission type will be random, so as not to be so dull. 

This will come along with the Star Chart being compacted to some 20-40 nodes or something like that, rather than the 100+ there is now. Lots of people are quite unhappy about the idea. I for one am glad they decided to do something rather than keep adding Tower levels so we don't wind up with Tower 30 rotation C 0.0000001% chance to drop parts.

First sentence wasn't needed, but thanks a lot for the breakdown.

So we can expect Vauban style alerts for prime parts.

I wasn't taking shots. I apologise if I offended you. I don't know about Vauban Style alerts. What I described is how it sounded to me, and as I said it's not a concrete plan so I don't know how they'll do it. I think they said the parts will rotate and there should always be parts available, but I could easily be remembering incorrectly.

• There will be reduced grind to level up Archwing gear

Am I the only one who feels this is an alcohol induced statement and not an actual game plan? I mean.. the point of Grindframe is to increase the grind. So it would seem, anyway. I just find it hard to believe considering they said something like that a year or two ago and it's only gotten worse. That said it's also a vague statement. "Reduced grind" could easily mean instead of 200 missions to get to rank 30, it'll instead take 199. So I guess we'll see. Is that coming in 17.5 also?

Edited by DeathwingZero

So we can expect Vauban style alerts for prime parts.

The way it seems to me is that Prime Parts will still be attached to Void Keys, just not the Void Tileset.

In other words, I could do Apollodorus, Mercury, but I could somehow augment the mission by using a Void Key before entering, and then I will receive a Prime Part at the end of Apollodorus. Specific keys will probably only be able to augment certain mission types and level ranges.

There's some speculation in that, but it's my general understanding currently.

Am I the only one who feels this is an alcohol induced statement and not an actual game plan? I mean.. the point of Grindframe is to increase the grind. So it would seem, anyway. I just find it hard to believe considering they said something like that a year or two ago and it's only gotten worse. That said it's also a vague statement. "Reduced grind" could easily mean instead of 200 missions to get to rank 30, it'll instead take 199. So I guess we'll see. Is that coming in 17.5 also?

It could just mean that one of the two new mission types will be a more efficient way to farm, since there isn't a great way in Archwing currently. Also, I never understood the complaints about it - it takes me about 4 runs to go from unranked to 30 in Archwing :/

We'll see,they'll most likey make syndicates mods useless on valkyr as well and exalted blade is still up and running so i doubt it they'll nerf hysteria, I wouldn't mind if they straight up removed the invincibility and kept hysteria a life steal ability. But then again valkyr and excal have different playstyles, with valkyr you have to face tank , with excal you don't. But im also excited for hysteria finally being togglable, as for the pre corpus skin..........well i have to see it in game.. the hype dies down everytime i see a new screenshot of it..expected it to be way better :(

EB doesnt give you immortality.... also this is valkyr, nobody gives a F*** about valkyr. Not DE, not players. Only reason why she gets new skin and some rework is probably because scott and art team lost a bet against Rebecca and megan. And they hope new skin will sell.

EB doesnt give you immortality.... also this is valkyr, nobody gives a F*** about valkyr. Not DE, not players. Only reason why she gets new skin and some rework is probably because scott and art team lost a bet against Rebecca and megan. And they hope new skin will sell.

Put life strike on your melee weapon and BAM exalted blade turns basically into hysteria with a sword. Valkyr is actually really popular hence why she is rightfully receiveing a buff, and a new skin, and if im correct DE will release a valkyr statue as well.

Wow, couldn't be further from the truth. She's Sheldon's favourite frame, and definitely in the top 3 most loved frames by the community. Mostly in terms of design and concept though - she falls off a bit on team dynamics so you don't see her a lot in end-game.

I understand you probably weren't around when she was released so you never saw how much effort went into making her viable - she didn't always have the armour value she has now! Combined with the colossal amount of work the animation put into her new Hysteria stance - I can't even fathom how you could reach such a conclusion.