Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #60 Overview

AM-Bunny

The way it seems to me is that Prime Parts will still be attached to Void Keys, just not the Void Tileset.

In other words, I could do Apollodorus, Mercury, but I could somehow augment the mission by using a Void Key before entering, and then I will receive a Prime Part at the end of Apollodorus. Specific keys will probably only be able to augment certain mission types and level ranges.

There's some speculation in that, but it's my general understanding currently.

Considering they said void keys will still be useful, I'd say that's a pretty close bet, if not dead on the mark. Like you said though, some speculation. Until they know for sure how and what they'll be doing, and we're provided with that information, we just don't know. I do like that idea though..

EB doesnt give you immortality.... also this is valkyr, nobody gives a F*** about valkyr. Not DE, not players. Only reason why she gets new skin and some rework is probably because scott and art team lost a bet against Rebecca and megan. And they hope new skin will sell.

Are you sure nobody gives a F*** about Valkyr, therefore they're reworking her?

Are you sure?

Well if you loose a bet you do what you are demanded.

Now you're just being extremely pessimistic and negative for ..no reasons? I don't understand why you're bashing your ..favourite frame? She's getting a buff, a skin, a statue, what else you want?

I'm extremely happy , valkyr needed this buff, sure I'll have to change my build and (hopefully not) swap some polarities, but hey as i said in another thead, she'll finally be viable in endgame, and not only for her tankiness or scindo prime.

The way it seems to me is that Prime Parts will still be attached to Void Keys, just not the Void Tileset.

In other words, I could do Apollodorus, Mercury, but I could somehow augment the mission by using a Void Key before entering, and then I will receive a Prime Part at the end of Apollodorus. Specific keys will probably only be able to augment certain mission types and level ranges.

There's some speculation in that, but it's my general understanding currently.

My hope is that it will work much like Void Sabotage currently - a portal device exists somewhere in the mission, which you can then approach and activate with a key. I believe this was Steve's original plan for the Void (heard about it secondhand, take this with a whole shakerful of salt), before they went for broke and stuck with the current key mechanic instead.

Well if you loose a bet you do what you are demanded.

Assuming there was even a bet to begin with.

I understand why they want to "blow up the Void" as it was put, but it would be a real shame if the Void tileset itself isn't retained in some manner (maybe the portal idea above, I dunno). Regardless of whatever mechanics are making us run through it, the Void is still one of the most beautiful tilesets in the whole game.

"Timed exclusive" We are eligible for it 30 days later.

Also not that the Chinese Warframe build is many builds behind us, We get everythign else before them. Also this is a Open beta special.

I don't see an issue.

Nope. It's not an issue.

It wouldn't make much sense if an American Legend inspires a WarFrame concept, but is first released to China.

Wu Kong is inspired by a centuries old Chinese Legend. There's nothing wrong with China getting him first.

With regard to the two new frames...I am a bit disappointed that Atlas was billed as a brawler, but is, in fact, an Earth frame.

I know everyone hinted at this most likely going to be the case, but eh. Would've preferred more brawling.

Hopefully they can work all kinds of cool synergy ideas into him. Like gaining new combos on his #1 depending on what elemental frame he's paired with.

Or maybe being able to bounce and ragdoll enemies around with his golems in some interesting combos that only activate when interacting with golems.

I wasn't taking shots. I apologise if I offended you. I don't know about Vauban Style alerts. What I described is how it sounded to me, and as I said it's not a concrete plan so I don't know how they'll do it. I think they said the parts will rotate and there should always be parts available, but I could easily be remembering incorrectly.

Am I the only one who feels this is an alcohol induced statement and not an actual game plan? I mean.. the point of Grindframe is to increase the grind. So it would seem, anyway. I just find it hard to believe considering they said something like that a year or two ago and it's only gotten worse. That said it's also a vague statement. "Reduced grind" could easily mean instead of 200 missions to get to rank 30, it'll instead take 199. So I guess we'll see. Is that coming in 17.5 also?

I didn't mean to sound like I was salty, either. (I wasn't.) Apology accepted and thanks again for the breakdown.

As for Archwing, I rarely play the missions unless it's mandatory. As a result my related equipment ranks are still in the low teens.

It isn't a question of the grind being too hard, I think, but that I just don't play enough missions with Archwing to start with.

So, I don't know how making the grind easier will help, either. (At least in my case.)

Just popped in to inform everyone that Rebecca has confirmed that U17.5 is not next week.

Well that's disappointing. Here's hoping that next week's hotfix comes with the Corpus Credit Cape :/

I understand why they want to "blow up the Void" as it was put, but it would be a real shame if the Void tileset itself isn't retained in some manner (maybe the portal idea above, I dunno). Regardless of whatever mechanics are making us run through it, the Void is still one of the most beautiful tilesets in the whole game.

They've confirmed that the tileset itself will remain - just its status as the 'hotspot for everything' will disappear, and the rewards will be spread amongst the starchart.

Getting a better understanding of what's going on with the Void now. Thanks, everyone. (Still haven't watched the stream yet.)

Haha, they don't really talk about it at all in the stream - this information being shared currently is a composite of everything mentioned since Tennolive.

Atlas has no uppercut. I am disappoint.

Corpus Modular Enemies
• Coming U 17.5
• Each Warframe power has been categorized - the Modular Corpus Enemies have helmets that can interrupt and disrupt certain categories
• This disruption effect can be blocked by terrain
• Their helmets can be removed with a well-placed shot, de-powering them

Oh boy, more annoying Corpus enemies.

• Experimenting with base damage increasing as weapon levels up rather than being tied to a mod

And people thought I was dumb for suggesting this. Hah.

Thanks DE for nerfing the game. You may now forget end game.

They're attempting to rebalance it. Perhaps you could wait until we find out whether these changes are good or bad before instantly bashing it. Seems like the smarter thing to do.

Edited by Camelslayer

The logic is simple, the execution not so much.

The logic is that void drop tables are dilluted and people constantly complain about it. DE is at least trying to figure out a way to do something about that. Removing some parts (Frost, Mag, etc,) was part of that. They'll come back, but the void "exploding" is that all prime parts will be moved to the star chart instead. They don't know how they'll do it exactly. Last I head the plan was a "sort of alert" like system, where, say, Ash Prime Helmet appears on.. say Ceres - Egeria. But the tileset, and mission type will be random, so as not to be so dull. 

This will come along with the Star Chart being compacted to some 20-40 nodes or something like that, rather than the 100+ there is now. Lots of people are quite unhappy about the idea. I for one am glad they decided to do something rather than keep adding Tower levels so we don't wind up with Tower 30 rotation C 0.0000001% chance to drop parts.

Let's hope prime parts are not only limited to Alerts, I've missed couple of great mods from alerts because I simply can't play warframe at that point in time the Alert happens. Or maybe they do 24/48h Alerts for selected parts, however looking at how many parts there are, the would have to be 4-5 part alerts at any given time to make people happy. 

I really do hope they find another way for us to get those parts and where we can reliably obtain them without the "this mission has a 0.2% chance to drop the prime part as bonus" and you run it 250 times and don't see anything at all.

But as said, we're speculating now.