The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confused About Bite And Maul

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Question

Bite: +330% Critical chance +220% Crit damage

Maul: +330% Melee damage

If I add only Maul I go from 120 to 516 damage. If I add only Bite I end up at 516 again with the added crit buffs. Both mods equipped yields 2218 damage. What confuses me is why Bite is adding to my Huras' base damage when the description only shows buffs to crit stats.

If anyone knows if this is a bug or if I'm just slow and am missing something obvious any input is appreciated.

3 answers to this question

If anyone knows if this is a bug or if I'm just slow and am missing something obvious any input is appreciated.

It's a bug for sure because there is no such thing as a triple stat mod in the entire game so far. Just check and see when has a dual stat mod ever given a third stat without mention, never.

I believe most people keep quiet about it because to be honest, kubrows are already weak and could use all the damage they need for late game. Their AI works in a way where tons of movement keep them semi alive or tons of melee for lifesteal, but they only focus on killing things you cannot kill yourself. So late game they'll at most serve as distractions and for several precept abilities. You can keep them alive a bit easier where as sentinels are more prone to dying without a revive mechanic.

Sentinels can use rifle or shotgun mods (primed point blank), they deal more damage overall. Most people don't have a second maxed serration or maxed heavy caliber to see the difference, but it's clear that sentinels deal more damage. All can have guardian, coolant leak. In late game when enemies are bullet spounges with one hit kill mechanics, ammo and not getting hit is more important. So you don't really want to spend too much time reviving a dead doggy, it might actually kill you instead. 

Edited by ivlr3vil