Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On Incoming Temple Guard Skins (Rhino And Hammer)

Artekkor

First of all: thank you DE for finally giving love to the big guy ^_^

Last time he got any attention at all was his Roar duration buff many updates ago, and i was really hyped for any further changes and updates on him.

But! I want to clarify some things, before those awesome skins will go live.

1) Rhino Prime compatibility.

I think it's kinda obvious that many old-timed players probably have Rhino Prime in their collection and already sold the normal one, since he's a direct side grade. So i want to be sure that when i will purchase this skin i will be able to use him. And not just that! I want the skin completely replace Rhino Prime. Please, don't leave those non-PBR Golden shoulders there, that would ruin everything Q_Q (that's my OCD talking there).

2) Hammer skin... For which hammer?

Since it is, obviously, a skin and there is no reason for it to be a complete new weapon, there must be a weapon to use said skin.

Currently we have 3 hammers in this game: Magistar, Fraggor and Jat Kittag.

And this is what bothers me... During Devstream #60 it was said that the skin will be most likely for Fraggor.

Why is it bothers me? Because Fraggor isn't exactly a very good weapon... It's better than Magistar, yes, but it's easily surpassed by Jat Kittag in many ways including: Damage Per Hit, Attack Speed, Status Chance and (probably) range.

Yes, Fraggor has nice crits, making it suitable for Berserker builds, but let's be honest here: Melee Crit mods are weak, ESPECIALLY the crit chance one (the most important too). And there is still not even a Primed version of it.

Buying a skin for weapon that is stuck between Low Tier and Mid Tier doesn't sound as a good idea to me.

Few suggestions about that:

A) Buff Fraggor (either overall or just crits to 25% and x2.5 damage).

B) Buff melee crit mods, or prime them, especially the chance one.

C) Add a completely new Hammer weapon, that is, maybe, not as good as Jat Kittag, but definetly better than Fraggor, and then give new skin to it.

3) Price?

I'm kinda low on plat and IRL money right now, so i want to know how much plat i must have when those skins will go live, because i definitely don't want to miss them just because i'm poor after buying all those damned formas.

Official statements from DE members would be appreciated on the matter.

Once again: thank you for everything ^_^

they did say something abour a rhino package, so there could be more than just those 2 new skins, maybe a primary skin?

probably why it may be limited, ofc will be sold sepratly if desired, but not everyone can have i

Edited by LAWD

My real problem with the hammer skin being a fragor skin is that the fragor already has one.  It should be a jat skin imo.

Most probably the hammer skin is for Fragor, coz it's the only Tenno hammer(magistar is a mace) and this skin will make people to use Fragor again.

Fragor has a skin that turns it into a Grineer weapon.  Whether the hammer this is a skin for is a tenno weapon or not shouldn't really be a factor.

1) Rhino Prime compatibility.

I think it's kinda obvious that many old-timed players probably have Rhino Prime in their collection and already sold the normal one, since he's a direct side grade. So i want to be sure that when i will purchase this skin i will be able to use him. And not just that! I want the skin completely replace Rhino Prime. Please, don't leave those non-PBR Golden shoulders there, that would ruin everything Q_Q (that's my OCD talking there).

The nemeis skin and proto excalibur skin are equipable on the prime frames so I doubt this will be an issue.

Edited by Aggh

My real problem with the hammer skin being a fragor skin is that the fragor already has one.  It should be a jat skin imo.

Fragor has a skin that turns it into a Grineer weapon.  Whether the hammer this is a skin for is a tenno weapon or not shouldn't really be a factor.

The nemeis skin and proto excalibur skin are equipable on the prime frames so I doubt this will be an issue.

Game logic: A tenno made things(weapons/sentinels) can apply non-Tenno skin, but non-Tenno weapon cannot apply a Tenno skin*.

*Rubedo skins and DOTD skins are so far unclear with which faction made the skin, so I skipped it.

Game logic: A tenno made things(weapons/sentinels) can apply non-Tenno skin, but non-Tenno weapon cannot apply a Tenno skin*.

*Rubedo skins and DOTD skins are so far unclear with which faction made the skin, so I skipped it.

That's your logic based on an assumed trend.  There's no reason DE couldn't break that trend.