Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Connection Issues (Chat, Game Launcher And Server) [Megathread]

SuperheroJack

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So... I've played this amazing game for two weeks now and things got so far so good until this morning, after updating the game, I got so badly stuck at "Checking for new contents" (as I remembered).

Then I waited for about 1 hour and nothing happened, so I decided to delete the game and go to https://warframe.com/download to redownload the game.

I downloaded the launcher and as all Warframe players know that waiting for the launcher to download the game is a total nightmare. The speed is super super super slow, now I'm downloading at 21kbs/s while my Internet connection is 4mbs/s. Its just unbelievably slow. And as I remind last time downloading the game, I did some checking or unchecking in the settings to get full speed and I did succeed but now I can not remember. After hours waiting, I went to Steam to get the Steam version of Warframe, the download speed was good (I got full speed at 4mbs/s) but when I click the "Play" on the Steam client, I saw Warframe icon showed up on my task bar but nothing happened too, I also turned the Task manager on to see and I did see the Launcher.exe working but nothing happened (and I did restarting Steam for several times but it didn't work). So now, I'm downloading the game again using the original launcher from the Warframe website with the super slow speed.

I am so tired, guys. I've been struggling with it for the whole day but nothing seems to work for me

So please, If you guys know anything about the checking setting of the launcher, anything to speed up the download, please tell me

And If anyone knows how to play Warframe through Steam properly (I still keep the Steam version), please tell me

I will be very very grateful

I love this game so bad and I really don't want to give up on it so easily :((

Please help me guys and thank you for reading this 

I assume that you guys don't play through Steam, right? :((

I do not.  If you have an ethernet cable, might try a hard line for downloading. 

Also, have you updated your computer lately?  That might help, as well as run a virus scan.  Those are the two things I do first when I run into issues and it usually fixes it for me.

I assume that you guys don't play through Steam, right? :((

Nope we dont.

So... I've played this amazing game for two weeks now and things got so far so good until this morning, after updating the game, I got so badly stuck at "Checking for new contents" (as I remembered).

Then I waited for about 1 hour and nothing happened, so I decided to delete the game and go to https://warframe.com/download to redownload the game.

I downloaded the launcher and as all Warframe players know that waiting for the launcher to download the game is a total nightmare. The speed is super super super slow, now I'm downloading at 21kbs/s while my Internet connection is 4mbs/s. Its just unbelievably slow. And as I remind last time downloading the game, I did some checking or unchecking in the settings to get full speed and I did succeed but now I can not remember. After hours waiting, I went to Steam to get the Steam version of Warframe, the download speed was good (I got full speed at 4mbs/s) but when I click the "Play" on the Steam client, I saw Warframe icon showed up on my task bar but nothing happened too, I also turned the Task manager on to see and I did see the Launcher.exe working but nothing happened (and I did restarting Steam for several times but it didn't work). So now, I'm downloading the game again using the original launcher from the Warframe website with the super slow speed.

I am so tired, guys. I've been struggling with it for the whole day but nothing seems to work for me

So please, If you guys know anything about the checking setting of the launcher, anything to speed up the download, please tell me

And If anyone knows how to play Warframe through Steam properly (I still keep the Steam version), please tell me

I will be very very grateful

I love this game so bad and I really don't want to give up on it so easily :((

Please help me guys and thank you for reading this

Only thing I can say try finding a new internet provider or / and try using a different computer / laptop

Hope this helps

Btw try ookla speedtest and see what speed you have and what speed you provider should have , run a virus scan uninstall and delete unnecesary stuff,

And try not to download any adware