Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does A Warframe Exist That's Worse Then Ember?

DrakeRaids

Based on how many I see: Hydroid.

Based on personal opinion: Limbo.  Every time I see one I cringe.  On paper he should be a super fun frame to be around.  In practice a vast majority of the time I wish friendly fire was on.

Limbo can be ok...... Sometimes......... yeeaaaa...... ok.......

Besides him fueling a mesa/nyx/excal/saryn/ember... hes kinda useless

What limbo needs is to make his skills aoe...

So banish only effects enemies and effects quite a few. 

Rift Walk need to put self and any nearby allies in the rift  (really needs to be less irritating...)

Rift needs to do more damage. ( Isn't the rift deadly to anything not protected?)

rift surge needs a total rework... maybe banished enemies are sent hurling out of the rift and explode in the normal plain of existence dealing heavy damage to target and aoe damage...

Limbo can be ok...... Sometimes......... yeeaaaa...... ok.......

Besides him fueling a mesa/nyx/excal/saryn/ember... hes kinda useless

What limbo needs is to make his skills aoe...

So banish only effects enemies and effects quite a few. 

Rift Walk need to put self and any nearby allies in the rift  (really needs to be less irritating...)

Rift needs to do more damage. ( Isn't the rift deadly to anything not protected?)

rift surge needs a total rework... maybe banished enemies are sent hurling out of the rift and explode in the normal plain of existence dealing heavy damage to target and aoe damage...

His problem is that 3 of his skills do the same thing, which is boring, no creative usage, and feels like the whole Frame was rushed to meet deadlines.

People wont take most frames in their raids, but I rarely have trouble joining groups with Ember. Players in game aren't half as uptight as players on forums.

The most I get is someone asking "you're taking Ember?"

Yeah, exactly.  The in-game experience is quite different from the gestalt of the game that's inflated by wannabe-knowledgeable blowhards on forums.

It's the same on all forums for all games, various memes get tossed around and repeated endlessly, with people copying them, thinking it makes them sound like they know what they're talking about.  Nine times out of ten, it's not representative of anything in the game and devs rightfully ignore it.

Very occasionally, it is, but that's when it's backed up by numbers, and that's when the devs sit up and take notice.

Edited by Omnimorph

People who say Ember sucks have not played her extensively yet.
She is a 1 trick pony right now, revolving around Accelerant and WoF with stun aug.
She is the only frame that can make Atmos do crazy mad damage without critting.

She still needs QoL tweaks like MAKING WOF FULL TOGGLE DAMMIT

Different strokes for different folk. Everyone has a frame they think is either really good or trash. I find Nyx to be worst frame in my opinion because her playstyle doesn't fit how I like to play.

I find Ember to be really effective when focusing on fire weapons and Accelerant  if I didn't love Banshee more, Ember would be my go to for survival. 

Edited by HeavyEcho

I've gotten my best results with Ember. http://i.imgur.com/qvp5HMx.png over 3k kills almost entirely from abilities since I was using a pure radiation status primary to handle enemy auras. I was also using all 4 ablities simultaneously due to continual energy coming in from Nekros/GMag combo + restores. In short I went in well prepared.

Ember's great because whatever a team needs more of she has. Wide area crowd control via Accelerant, Fire Blast, and World on Fire. Persistent damage on enemy groups via World on Fire. And focused damage via accelerant boosted weapons and headshot Fireballs. It's easy to carry missions on Ember. http://i.imgur.com/hwKMtxz.jpg?1 . It's not right to trash a frame that has the power to simultaneously use a perma-stun, ability nuke, and weapon damage steroid. Ember is very much underrated by those who have yet to understand her potential.

Based on how many I see: Hydroid.

Based on personal opinion: Limbo.  Every time I see one I cringe.  On paper he should be a super fun frame to be around.  In practice a vast majority of the time I wish friendly fire was on.

You shouldn't base stuff on the amount of replies with the same frame... 

The majority can make mistakes! I often see people saying that ending a mission without ringing any alarm is impossible, yet I did it multiple times.

I would say Hydroid without a doubt. They kind of ruined his farming niche and now he is supposed to be a cc tank...with unreliable, rng based cc. Yeah. Ember is really not even that bad, her damage surprises me sometimes and her augments are actually useful. 

I don't think people give Limbo or Oberon enough credit, either. Even if they do lack identity, they are definitely good and can be a stronger asset than Ember, particularly in high level missions. I love when I have a limbo on my team as Excal or Equinox.

I think the thing that really lowers Ember's credibility is characters like Ash, Mesa, Saryn and dare I say the one who shalt not be named.... Nova. They all are just one-trick ponies who dull gameplay for all other players involved if they are just spamming their 4th ability. I seriously hate Nova, she makes this game suck for me, makes it boring. I hope someday soon there will be more widely accepted team comps than just: Loki, Nova, Trinity and Frost/Nekros every mission. Let me play what I want :(