Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scythes Actual Condition Discussion Thread

B0N3M4N

-snip-

You say so but if you look at the game you'll see that those are actually Scythes.

From the Anku description: "Reap havoc with this full sized Tenno-crafted Scythe.

Now read carefully what's written on both Reaping Spiral and Stalking Fan on the weapon class section: Scythe.

It's like saying that because Tennos are not Divine Japanese Emperors then are not Tennos. In the end DE can create its own terms without having to coincide with the reality in Warframe, so your argument exposed like that is invalid.

Said that if you want to have a more realistic Scythe on Warframe then you should ask for a new weapon class, like there are Swords and Greatswords on this game but thus are not sharing anything except some similar traits which are pretty common on every sword.

Edited by Redskull94

You say so but if you look at the game you'll see that those are actually Scythes.

From the Anku description: "Reap havoc with this full sized Tenno-crafted Scythe.

Now read carefully what's written on both Reaping Spiral and Stalking Fan on the weapon class section: Scythe.

It's like saying that because Tennos are not Divine Japanese Emperors then are not Tennos. In the end DE can create its own terms without having to coincide with the reality in Warframe, so your argument exposed like that is invalid.

Said that if you want to have a more realistic Scythe on Warframe then you should ask for a new weapon class, like there are Swords and Greatswords on this game but thus are not sharing anything except some similar traits which are pretty common on every sword.

First thing that I want to say is that I wasnt actually serious, and second is that just because creators of game can change definition of what scythe is doesnt mean that they should, for example: can game creators call swords in game "guns" ? they can but it will piss of people who got mislead by it, believing that there are  guns in game.

There wouldnt be a problem if they created their own name like did with nikana, but if you use name of something existing people will believe that its what normally it should be.

scythe's shaft normally has length of 170 centimetres  or longer, I wouldnt mind if they kept those weapons that called "scythes" as seperate category and created new weapons that look like real scythes, but its the real scythes that should have "scythe" name and old "scythes" should be renamed as sickles or something, or  DE should create completly new name for them like they did for "nikana's"

First thing that I want to say is that I wasnt actually serious, and second is that just because creators of game can change definition of what scythe is doesnt mean that they should, for example: can game creators call swords in game "guns" ? they can but it will piss of people who got mislead by it, believing that there are  guns in game.

There wouldnt be a problem if they created their own name like did with nikana, but if you use name of something existing people will believe that its what normally it should be.

scythe's shaft normally has length of 170 centimetres  or longer, I wouldnt mind if they kept those weapons that called "scythes" as seperate category and created new weapons that look like real scythes, but its the real scythes that should have "scythe" name and old "scythes" should be renamed as sickles or something, or  DE should create completly new name for them like they did for "nikana's"

Well, about the seriousness I was a bit on guard because on these days people who just wait for S#&$post are really really common, plus having seen this posted 2 times didn't really helped me on trusting on that "joke".

For the part of the name-switching with a new class of Scythes I'm all for it. This because me as first players knows how much confusion cause having a weapon class named Scythe which does not resemble the classic ones, plus with all these requests by the users for a new Scythe class I don't see why DE shouldn't do it, so you got all my support on that.

Well, about the seriousness I was a bit on guard because on these days people who just wait for S#&$post are really really common, plus having seen this posted 2 times didn't really helped me on trusting on that "joke".

For the part of the name-switching with a new class of Scythes I'm all for it. This because me as first players knows how much confusion cause having a weapon class named Scythe which does not resemble the classic ones, plus with all these requests by the users for a new Scythe class I don't see why DE shouldn't do it, so you got all my support on that.

I know my "joke" wasnt funny, I am just a "little" frustrated with 'scythes' in warframe, when I first found out that there are scythes in warframe I was EXTREMLY excited, I imagined using it all the time since I am HUGE fan of scythe weapons in other games, so I quickly build it, then I equiped it and then.........my reaction was this:

10747723_1526172164294471_163205260_n.jp

Lets say I wasnt amused by "scythes" in warframe.

I am most disappointed about the fact that even though we had MANY threads asking for change/buff of scythes(in some moderators even joined discussion) DE completly ignored all of them, there was absolutely no response from DE.

One of best threads I found was, this:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/469701-how-about-scythe-20/

People had some really good ideas how to make scythes better in that thread,  even I given my idea: "To me scythes should weapons that use "rotation" and "angular momentum" to kill enemies, it should include moves that cut everything in circle around you."

people really REALLY want something like this:

tumblr_ncul3dQi9u1rii7lwo2_400.gif

tumblr_ncm3454cnP1qgv5pgo1_400.gif

2c18e53ab9b70ee72d1c84ca5c9ff2be.gif

ibtzxVyq6j9L0D_zpsio55s6b2.gif

Edited by Culaio

Well my biggest issue with them was always the range(might also be to some degree a issue with the hit box on them) and speed of them. I also would like them to be multi target hit, as her size and might make you think, that would also help a lot to make them more unique and viable overall.

I do have to say that I really would love if the stances would include attacks that open up multiple targets to finishers and the weapon could do animated multi target finishers in a bit more cinematic/comic ish fashion like in the clips above, mostly for eye candy, but given how hard that would be to animate I guess a few QOL improvements would be a much more realistic thing.

Edited by Djego27

I know my "joke" wasnt funny, I am just a "little" frustrated with 'scythes' in warframe, when I first found out that there are scythes in warframe I was EXTREMLY excited, I imagined using it all the time since I am HUGE fan of scythe weapons in other games, so I quickly build it, then I equiped it and then.........my reaction was this:

I am most disappointed about the fact that even though we had MANY threads asking for change/buff of scythes(in some moderators even joined discussion) DE completly ignored all of them, there was absolutely no response from DE.

People had some really good ideas how to make scythes better in that thread,  even I given my idea: "To me scythes should weapons that use "rotation" and "angular momentum" to kill enemies, it should include moves that cut everything in circle around you."

ibtzxVyq6j9L0D_zpsio55s6b2.gif#

#Buffsforlife, and go RWBY >.<

Bump the Channeling consumption rate down to 1 (even after other modifiers) and I'd be happy. Range would be appreciated, as well as multiple targets and some kind of forward movement. Never heard of the armor ignoring aspect, but if that gets re-added, then there's not much else to dream about, ne? :3

Going all the way out here on a limb, since DE is tinkering around with innate damage growth on weapon rankings, so what about innate reach growth? Start out with a terrible reach, and then it goes bonkers-haywire up around rank 30, enabling for absolutely massive amounts of crowd control.

Bump the Channeling consumption rate down to 1 (even after other modifiers) and I'd be happy. Range would be appreciated, as well as multiple targets and some kind of forward movement. Never heard of the armor ignoring aspect, but if that gets re-added, then there's not much else to dream about, ne? :3

Going all the way out here on a limb, since DE is tinkering around with innate damage growth on weapon rankings, so what about innate reach growth? Start out with a terrible reach, and then it goes bonkers-haywire up around rank 30, enabling for absolutely massive amounts of crowd control.

Well armor ignore was pretty much a thing before Damage 2.0, but right now it's all Corrosive Projection or go home.

For the channelling part I've ever tough that, while we got many different weapons, none of them actually got a base channelling multiplier that's higher than 2.0; maybe DE should try to put weapons with higher multiplier that will convince players to go full channelling. Because I do normally channel a weapon only if I'm on low HP and need to get back some with Life Strike, that's it.

For range increase on ranking I dunno what to say, because actually this will make only players try to rush exp for getting all the possible advantages from the weapon(guard. atk and range on this case), which COULD potentially make come back our actual Draco issue.

In the end I don't even think that these weapons should be called Scythes, but until DE think that the weapon class resemble their initial concept then they'll keep going with that. At these point we can only go ahead and try to put some attention to the actual weapon class and to create a new type of Scythe that resemble the old ones, that's it.

Edited by Redskull94

Well power ignore was pretty much a thing before Damage 2.0, but right now it's all Corrosive Projection or go home.

For the channelling part I've ever tough that, while we got many different weapons, none of them actually got a base channelling multiplier that's higher than 2.0; maybe DE should try to put weapons with higher multiplier that will convince players to go full channelling. Because I do normally channel a weapon only if I'm on low HP and need to get back some with Life Strike, that's it.

For range increase on ranking I dunno what to say, because actually this will make only players try to rush exp for getting all the possible advantages from the weapon(guard. atk and range on this case), which COULD potentially make come back our actual Draco issue.

In the end I don't even think that these weapons should be called Scythes, but until DE think that the weapon class resemble their initial concept then they'll keep going with that. At these point we can only go ahead and try to put some attention to the actual weapon class and to create a new type of Scythe that resemble the old ones, that's it.

Hmmmmm, I think bumping the channeling costs on scythes to 1 and then bumping its channeling damage to 3.5? 3.0? would be pretty good since you would have to think before you swing you know? And it would give scythes their own niche, like it did with charge attacks. Makeing the sythes bigger as the range increases would be good too... Welp going to get ignored anyways lol

Anku is good, should stay as only crit based Scythe.
Hate , Reaper Prime , Ether Reaper , Kama should all be updated with slightly better stats.

42 base dmg > 60 base dmg for Hate, Ether Reaper
42 base dmg > 50 for Kama

42 base dmg > 70 for Reaper Prime, buff Status chance up to 15% would make it quite good for a Status build 

All of them have mediocre attack speed, a slight buff of attack speed would be fine too.

ibtzxVyq6j9L0D_zpsio55s6b2.gif

Agreed, this example is indeed a pole-arm sort of Scythe people are more accustomed to seeing in games and would expect a Scythe to look as such.

Currently the ones in Warframe are more of a hand - scythe which might be developed from the Kama which Ninjas used.

bloodborne game has another great example of scythe weapon(burial blade):

at 1:05 uses burial blade in scythe mode

The best thing about stances in warframe is that we could have in game both dynamic scythe style from from rwby or soul eater or slow but powerful style from bloodborne

Personally, all scythes only need, as a class, is a bandaid mod that increases range and increases finisher speed/opens up multiple finishers on targets/or performs multi target finishers. Now I am aware this will not fix anku powercreep it will however let me get away with using mediocre scythes in later game content than fashionframe.

bloodborne game has another great example of scythe weapon(burial blade):

at 1:05 uses burial blade in scythe mode

The best thing about stances in warframe is that we could have in game both dynamic scythe style from from rwby or soul eater or slow but powerful style from bloodborne

Bloodborne easily has the single best example of a fantasy battle scythe that I've ever seen in a video game.

Nothing is more disgustingly badass than the Burial Blade. This is what DE should be trying to do with its scythes.

Take notes DE...

Edited by PsychoticMarik

Personally, all scythes only need, as a class, is a bandaid mod that increases range and increases finisher speed/opens up multiple finishers on targets/or performs multi target finishers. Now I am aware this will not fix anku powercreep it will however let me get away with using mediocre scythes in later game content than fashionframe.

Bandaid mod? Like Covert Lethality? No.

Tbh Covert Lethality should have been a passive upgrade and not a bandaid mod.

Any weapon that needs a super special mod or tons of forma to Un-suck it is just not worth using.

Bandaid mod? Like Covert Lethality? No.

Tbh Covert Lethality should have been a passive upgrade and not a bandaid mod.

Any weapon that needs a super special mod or tons of forma to Un-suck it is just not worth using.

I agree with this, actually bandaid can have 2 results, which are 1st not gonna resolve the problem for real, creating an even stronger powercreep on Scythes, and as 2nd it's just not gonna resolve the issue.

Scythes do need a complete revamp, they didn't got updated after the release of melee 2.0 and became from god tier pure armor ignore to utterly slow garbage with litterally everything low, from atk speed to crit and status.

Plus I think that I could disagree with Blur saying that weapons like the Reaper Prime, which is no more aviable and needs, other from parts from pre-vaulting or shopped by other users with a set price of at least 100P and 10 Orokin Cells to be "mediocre" weapon.

Same to the Hate which is a rare drop from the Stalker(the rarest for some players), and still it got garbage on litterally everything, and having 3% more status chances compared to the Reaper Prime are not gonna help it to be a good alternative (I want to add that the same thing happened on these days with Spira and Despair, and as a Despair lover I think that a little more of stat revamp should be nice for those super rare and old little Kunai).

As last thing I want to say to all the players that talked about a Kama revamp that the Kama is not a Scythe weapon, it's a Machete and uses Machete stances. Now Machetes got problems in terms of stats too but right now we're talking about Scythes so. Plus talking about a Scythes revamp it should exclude the Anku of course, which is the only usable Scythe and the one that's actually creating powercreep between those.

Edited by Redskull94

I love scythes. My favorite melee class so far. Although it's all because I got Stalking Fan which turns scythes into spinning blades of fury, especially with Beserker. I've been trying to get hate because I want a slash version, but so far the Anku has made me a happy Tenno.

Well actually the Hate is far inferior compared to the Anku, so it'd be better if you drop it but wait for building until DE decides to make it on a decent status like all the other Scythes ingame(except for the Anku which is fine).

Bumping again because I don't want this to be forgotten, this is just a step on balancing weapons because DE should balance all the weapons that never got updated after Damage 2.0, which is unfair for who loved those before it.

Edited by Redskull94

• 2 weeks later...