Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Read (Nyx Reworks)

KrAyZy

Hey, I know there are quite a large number of threads regarding Nyx's abilities and possible reworks to them. I fell in love with the warframe and I wanted to know if DE has been reading these posts by the community and if they plan on reworking absorb and psychic bolts in the future.

Here are some links to possible rework ideas.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/52369-nyx-redesign/?hl=%2Bnyx+%2Babsorb#entry538837

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/52261-top-priority-on-nyx/?hl=%2Bnyx+%2Babsorb

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/49910-nyx-skills-lacking/?hl=%2Bnyx+%2Babsorb

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/40146-help-fix-nyx-that-rhymes-need-devs-to-notice-asap-wow-over-50-rep/page-4?hl=%2Bnyx+%2Babsorb#entry484879

I would appreciate any information DE can provide besides "noted and devs will look into it". It seems like their is a large consensus that she needs some work done.

Suggestion:

Psychic bolts - increased damage, reduced energy cost to 25 from 50, increased number of bolts.

Absorb - base damage, taunt (similar to loki's clone), rework

Psychic Bolts' damage isn't the problem. At max level, Nyx throws 5 for 125 each. That's 625 total damage. The problem is that they're inaccurate and have a tendency to fly right into the ground. As it stands, the bolts fly unguided upon cast until you "focus" them. My suggestion is to make them hover and follow Nyx, inert, until she focuses on an enemy.

The bolts themselves are great at hitting hard-to-reach targets or enemies behind cover, it's just their behavior that makes it a gamble.

Absorb, however, needs two slight changes, and the obvious aggro mechanic. Have two radii, a small one that surrounds Nyx that absorbs the damage as per usual, and a larger effective radius; any enemy inside of it is forced to attack Nyx and then takes damage from the absorbed amount.

Edited by Galaxy-Train

Neither Absorb or Bolts even fit in with the general theme of Nyx, which is very clearly meant to be playing with the heads of enemies. Beyond the fact that they're both not worth taking at all (you'll get far more use out of the mod capacity and slots than you will those two skills), they need to be seriously rethought to fit with Nyx's entire style.

Also, bonus points for listing my suggestion.

Edited by Kiteless

Psychic Bolts' damage isn't the problem. At max level, Nyx throws 5 for 125 each. That's 625 total damage. The problem is that they're inaccurate and have a tendency to fly right into the ground. As it stands, the bolts fly unguided upon cast until you "focus" them. My suggestion is to make them hover and follow Nyx, inert, until she focuses on an enemy.

The bolts themselves are great at hitting hard-to-reach targets or enemies behind cover, it's just their behavior that makes it a gamble.

Absorb, however, needs two slight changes, and the obvious aggro mechanic. Have two radii, a small one that surrounds Nyx that absorbs the damage as per usual, and a larger effective radius; any enemy inside of it is forced to attack Nyx and then takes damage from the absorbed amount.

It got 'fixed'..they do 150 each now. But i would say they should do even more damage. Psychic bolts are nowhere near other damaging abilities, even if they have tracking, they just come in a pack of 5. And yes the tracking needs improvement. We could even say they should just go through objects, since they are 'psychic' bolts. 

Edited by Pixues

It got 'fixed'..they do 150 each now. But i would say they should do even more damage. Psychic bolts are nowhere near other damaging abilities, even if they have tracking, they just come in a pack of 5. And yes the tracking needs improvement. We could even say they should just go through objects, since they are 'psychic' bolts. 

Well, if all five hit the same target, that target suffers 750 damage (which cuts it in half for extra style points). I've also noticed that they have innate stagger ability, which can normally push enemies out of cover for a second or two. Now, I personally its current functionality is perfect, but I suppose allowing them to move through walls would eliminate my biggest concern.

I just want to avoid completely overhauling abilities or outright replacing them. I feel they can all be improved if they're lacking, and all have their place, instead of simply scrapping them and thinking up something new.

Bolts are weird.

Sometimes i just cast them in the open air and they kill something half a mile away. Sometimes they dont hit multiple targets point blank.

They really need some targeting adjustments and/or ability to shoot through walls (psychic, right?).

I have found SOME use for absorb. If you stand right on top of a cryopod in a defense mission and cast absorb, the cryopod will only get hit like 5% of the time (even in melee). May be useful in an emergency situation.

But even then, its soooo weak compared to most "ultimate" skills (aka "press 4 to stun and deal heavy damage").

Give it an aggro mechanic and let the shockwave go through walls = problem solved, right?

And yeah, so many topics about nyx, but i dont think they are being noticed...

I really hope the devs do something about Nyx. This frame looks awesome and has awesome style, but its ability imbalance just kills it.

Neither Absorb or Bolts even fit in with the general theme of Nyx, which is very clearly meant to be playing with the heads of enemies.

Just make it so while channeling Absorb, Nyx forces all enemies within a certain range to attack her aggressively.

As for psychic bolts they definitely need some work. Allowing them to phase through walls because they are not actually bolts, but a psychic attack on an enemy's mind, would not only fix some of the issues with the skill but help it fit Nyx better.

Edited by Dantal

Psychic bolts will always be half useless because projectiles simply don't hit anything if you're not soloing/hosting.

I can fire 20-22 shurikens into a mob of infested on Ash and see maybe 3-5 numbers pop up. It's depressing and all homing projectiles have this problem.