Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Spam - Gd - Chat Generally

MoobsUK

Ok.  So this was kind of inevitable.

As a long time player of Eve Online I saw this coming (Eve's chats are notorious but they have made channels a sensible thing)

The "Region" chat channel has now just become a huge boiling rage of "Join my clan" vs "Stop spamming clan stuff."

I would beg DE to make a recruitment channel - seperate from the general chat.  Please - sometimes we want to talk about the game without someone spouting off about their clan.

I understand why it has happened but for the love of god - if you don't like my suggestion then make one of your own.  Ultimately we need some peace to talk about the game.

No.. a "recruitement" channel would be ridiculous.. but instead i would leave the recruitements on regional and add a "Help" channel where players can help eachother, alert invitations and so on

No.. a "recruitement" channel would be ridiculous.. but instead i would leave the recruitements on regional and add a "Help" channel where players can help eachother, alert invitations and so on

???? recruitment channel is ridiculous????

what are you talking about????

???? recruitment channel is ridiculous????

what are you talking about????

Edit: To make the long story short.. do you think if a recruitement channel would be added everyone would make these adverts only there? yeah sure keep on hoping then.. nobody will hold these guys to write on Region too, punish them for that? WHO do you think will keep the track of them once the spam starts? They should just hire you, to keep on scrolling the entire day and see who is recruiting on the wrong channel, then ban them right?

Edited by Hatr

I am very interested to see what people think about this.  The game is getting to the point where moderation is going to become an issue.

When people talk about trade they say they don't want the chat to become "WTB/WTS etc."

Yet the recruitment channel (Region) is exactly that.

Do you have a solution?  Do you have a suggestion?

I would like to see a dedicated place where players could go, where links are allowed, so that they can find a clan.

That leaves the general chat for just that. General chat.

Edited by MoobsUK