The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Grinds! Moar Mod Grinds!

Bionitech

In all seriousness, the loot system needs a serious look at. I understand not being able to get certain mods until you get to more challenging systems...But not being able to get Serration, a mod that is NOT rare, after a few hundred missions is discerning. I'm sugarcoating "a few hundred." Even when you get to places like PLUTO you are stuck farming the same damn mods then when you were on VENUS. VENUS for  Odin's sake! You're risking your technocite  coccyx on a more difficult system for the same crummy mods that you get filled up to your ears with on one of the earlier planets. 

You used to be able to get way more mods and some of the rarer mods a little more frequently, and it feels like now I get nothing but garbage mods stacking up (can't even upgrade some mods because of how little energy they give towards fusion) 

The Void runs have already been beaten down as far as loot goes. A hundred void runs and most don't even get the most needed part of Latron Prime/ Reaper Prime/ Frost Prime.

I'm talking to the rest of the system where you get the same damn mods over and over. It's disgusting how frequently one might find crit mods for rifles/pistols/melee. Low level mods drop infrequently, and the rarer mods are nearly non-existing because it feels like their rates drop lower and lower into the hundredth decimal place every time you @#$%ing log in. 

Some bosses don't even drop anything anymore because of how bricked the loot system is!

This lottery that you call a loot system is abominable and needs to be looked at not once, not twice but thrice!

I'm not just complaining, and I'm more than upset/disappointed. I'm sure everyone else has noticed something fishy as well. I was ever only able to craft a warframe even before update 7 and haven't made one since because lookie lookie! SYSTEMS drop as frequently as winning a damn lotto ticket. 

I was lucky with a continuity mod, but even that I don't see anymore. In fact, I don't see any of the relevant mods anymore save for an occasional redirection of vitality mod, which I don't even need any more of. 

Yeah the drop system is pretty bad right now, due to the fact that mod drops isn't dependent on the level of the system you are in.

I was getting plenty of common fusion cores on pluto, and got a rare 5 FC on M Prime while trying to farm for keys.

I suppose the best thing you can do is sit tight and see if they improve things, and give them the benefit of the doubt until it's officially out of beta right?

I was unaware Reach even existed until a couple of days ago, and that's a common mod!

Reach was just added in update 8.

I agree with the OP tho.

At least mods like serration and hornet strike could have some insured chance of dropping on every boss because of their 10+ ranks and being mandatory mods in all weapons.

Mod drop rates should vary by planet and mission. There should be a "best" mission to farm for certain mods. It's too chaotic as it is, and it's going to be even more chaotic if they implement more mods.

They already implemented useless mods into the system, making it downright impossible to get the ones people hope for.

I've been regretting resetting my account ever since I realized I could never, ever have my favorite mods back

Part of the issue also is the fact that in the last month there have been a slew of new rare mods added to the mods pool.

Pre-Invasion Event there were 14 rare mods, currently there are 22 rare mods listed on the wiki. So even if you get a rare mod to drop, your odds of getting what you want have dropped from 7% to 5%.

Reach was renamed to Stretch in Update 8 and a new mod called Reach was added.

He said a few days ago so I figured he meant the new Reach because I got it on the first day after the update. It's pretty common.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

I hate this crap too.

I'll do, like, a Defense Mission or a Raid or something and I'll get crap like Pistol Gambits or Magazine Warps constantly.

Heck, earlier I did probably 5-6 Defense and about a dozen Raids.

How many Keys? Zero.

How many stupid common mods? All but 1-2.

Of those 1-2 Rare Mods, *all* of them were ones I already had.

There's GOT to be a better way to do this.

I still don't have a lot of mods people talk about frequently. Heck, it took me until my Excalibur (my first Frame) was Level 20+ to get my first Redirection. My friend kept going "You don't have Redirection yet??" when I kept dying left and right anytime something looked at me.

Then FINALLY it started dropping. Now that I have it leveled to Rank5+ on two Frames, it drops fairly commonly now. *rolls eyes*

I'm still missing multiple Elemental Damage mods, took me Forever to get the Reflex Coil I needed for Glaive, I just got Killing Blow a couple days ago....

ugh.

I'm not really liking the mod system so much, too much useless junk drops TBH. I'm so sick of Pistol Gambits and Magazine Warps, because that's all I freaking see anymore. Pretty soon I'm going to just start burning them even if they only give 1 energy towards fusion... what else am I gonna do with the stupid things?

Part of the issue also is the fact that in the last month there have been a slew of new rare mods added to the mods pool.

Pre-Invasion Event there were 14 rare mods, currently there are 22 rare mods listed on the wiki. So even if you get a rare mod to drop, your odds of getting what you want have dropped from 7% to 5%.

Wrong... theres a BUNCH of warframe ones.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/44375-incentives-to-stop-running-the-same-missions-over-and-overbountys-u8-dojomod-market/