Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Paris A Viable Endgame Weapon?

Dusteh

Paris is hands down my favorite weapon in the game. It is extremely fun to use, and is aesthetically pleasing to me, personally. I would really like to take this to end game via Forma, but I am just not sure if it would be worth it. My current setup is: Hellfire, cryo rounds, serration, fast hands, speed trigger, point strike, piercing hit (to be replaced with thunderbolt when acquired), and split chamber. Now, assuming that all mods are maxed (which they are minus almost maxed serration), would this weapon be able to stack up with other weapons (mainly hek/boltor) in the end game t3 void missions.

Here is my current opinion on the Paris. Paris does good damage, but it is very easy to get swarmed by mods and get staggered to death and not have enough time to get off charged shots. Thunderbolt, and a warframe capable of clearing all of the trash mobs (in my case, Mag) with a single skill help alleviate this problem. Also, a good secondary loadout, such as Twin Vipers paired with Dual Ethers also help quite a bit. So, I feel like Paris could be viable in end game content minus maybe super high wave endless defense. 

Would any fellow Paris users or theorycrafters mind sharing their thoughts?

Edited by Dusteh

i think its fine. i did polarize it would let me add even more power. my build is:

multi-shot, AP, (fire or electric), serration, speed trigger, crit %

and ill probably polarize it again to add crit damage.

so long as you can a good pistol short range isnt that bad.

its a nice wep that is satisfying to use. pick your shots, be accurate, and you have nothing to fear. i cant think of some weps that would be "faster" and hit harder but paris is more than enough for any mission. some bosses can be a pain but thats why you bring a good pistol.

melee is always bring whatever works for what you are fighting. melee and ranged weps dont have that much synergy save for the glaive. which is unreliable but better than nothing.\

also, bring some ammo packs with you. on a particularly mob heavy run i would use two at most. with many where i just dont run out if i switch weps every once in a while.

Edited by MetalGerbil

IMO, no.

There are simply too many enemies with too much health and not enough ammo for you to be really useful in places like late Pluto with a weapon like Paris, from my experiences.

The Paris is mostly effective against high-level and/or large enemies w/ Catalyst. This makes no sense.

Also, start charging, sprint, while sprinting release. Rinse repeat. Unless they eventually fix that.

And the Dread is basically good against regular infested without the anti-armor piercing power of a Paris. In other words, a joke weapon in its current state.

Edited by Kantham

Dread and baris with maxed serration/multishot/thunderbolt + Elemental mods depending on the faction can be devastating, even against large group of ennemies.

Dual bronco is my perfect backup :)

The only viable end-game primary weapons in the current build are the Boltor and the Hek.

Current "endgame" isn't actually hard, you could pretty much use anything.

Edited by Argoms

Thanks for all of the input. I suppose I will just switch over to Boltor unless some changes happen. Kind of silly that with all of the weapon diversity it all boils back down to 3-4 weapons. :<

Akboltos, afuris, and twin vipers compete for highest short-ranged dps.

Lex effectively acts as a secondary sniper that never runs out of ammo.

Kraken is an alternative to the lex, and beats it if you throw a forma on (and can drag your mouse down).

Kunai/despair are good short-ranged weapons that are sort of a cross between bolto, viper, and kraken. Not quite the dps of the top three, but much, much more ammo efficient.

Defense isn't endgame. Thanks, next please.

What are you talking about. The endgame of videogames is what you work towards when you have completed all the content [leveling weapons/Warframes, unlocking all the maps, etc.], in the current game the only endgame is reaching the highest level on Endless.

What are you talking about. The endgame of videogames is what you work towards when you have completed all the content [leveling weapons/Warframes, unlocking all the maps, etc.], in the current game the only endgame is reaching the highest level on Endless.

That's what you work towards. Not everyone works towards that, many find facing increasingly bullet-spongey enemies quite boring. Defense doesn't give out good rewards or anything, the reward is purely intristic.

The only viable end-game primary weapons in the current build are the Boltor and the Hek.

I will agree with the Boltor assessment. The Boltor currently wrecks face on anything in close quarters. The accuracy suffers a bit past medium range, though. I still like it enough to put a potato in it. As for the Hek, I got it to 30 and stopped using it, and that was before the buff. The weapon was nice, but I'm not really a shotgun kind of guy.

Latron Prime is also a viable endgame weapon now. My current build oneshots Xini trash mobs and twoshots Ancients up to Wave 14 or so. I've polarized it once so far, going to polarize it again so I can fit max rank mods on all eight slots. In Void 3, it one or twoshots Light Grineer and Corpus Corrupted on headshots. Damn fine weapon. Worth farming for.

The Braton MK2 (I call it that, to make it easier to tell the difference from the MK1) is an underrated weapon though. While lacking the Boltor's close range fury, it is a solid alternative that can handle targets at any range due to its excellent burst accuracy and tight shot grouping. I use it for Mobile Defense, and it can handle Void 2 reasonably well.

Edited by Kahruvel

Can someone clue me in as to why the Boltor is considered better than the Braton when the Braton has higher DPS and is better at long range?

Well, it's not better, per se. It's simply different and suits a different purpose. The Boltor is the go-to anti-Grineer rifle with its armor ignore, and does a fine job at turning Infested Ancients into swiss cheese with bodyshots or headshots (whereas with Braton you need to aim for the feet with fire damage). This actually means it sometimes does more damage than the Braton in certain circumstances. The extra magazine depth and armor ignore together make it very good at killing Grineer bosses.

I haven't used my Boltor since I finished leveling it, and I use my Braton almost exclusively because I like being versatile. However, I can still appreciate the sheer power of the Boltor when it is used correctly.

Edited by Kahruvel

Can someone clue me in as to why the Boltor is considered better than the Braton when the Braton has higher DPS and is better at long range?

Innate AP damage means it kills high-level enemies a lot faster than the Braton does, as they have higher armour.