Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Synthesis Laboratory

Lumireaver

In the spirit of grinding R&D as a clan, I'm proposing another laboratory for our dojos which would enable any clan ridiculously large enough to actually build it to use their excess mods to synthesize other awesome mods. The system would work fairly simply. Depositing mods of a given polarity would further research towards that polarity. Tiering up your research level for a given polarity would allow you to synthesize rarer mods of the same polarity.

How would you actually acquire these mods? What does mod synthesis entail? Tenno would simply throw in two or more mods of the same rarity to get a single, different randomly selected mod of the same rarity. If this is too cheap, their could also be an exponentially increasing credit cost depending on the amount of mods used. In order to get a specific rare mod, you would therefore need to sacrifice all other rare mods of the same polarity, and that's after throwing in enough common fodder to tier your research level for that polarity to a sufficiently high level.

Also:

• There could be dojo exclusive mods.
  • More granularity could be added to the mod rarity system to keep certain mods harder to get.
  • If DE really wishes to turn the RNG into the bane of our existence the system could be made to produce a mod of the same rarity or lower...

This isn't a topic to discuss how us small clans will see many moons before we get to create our own dojos, rather, it is a topic about devising a balanced mod synthesis lab to make it so that after approximately two hundred hours or so you might be able to see your first multishot mod... even if it ends up costing you all of your other V-polarity rares.

Edited by Lumireaver

Why thank you. I wasn't expecting a positive reception considering how most of the forum is vehemently opposed to mechanics that involve intensive resource (mod) gathering. Though, I rather love watching bars fill up.

Edited by Lumireaver

Yeah, but that's not as efficient. I like to keep my sum of credits thick enough to buy anything that might suit my fancy at a given moment. Also I keep one unranked version of every mod in the event that I want to try an un-potatoed, low ranked weapon. 

In other news. I've recently gotten my pistol multishot. I feel so RNG-blessed. Only took 170 hours. :U