Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are People So Upset About Fp Bps?

-..-

You people act all high and mighty for being there during the moa weekend. Some of us unfortunately were not around and couldn't get them. Now that they release the BPs in the void, people are extremely, for lack of a better word, butthurt over something completely trivial. It doesn't hurt you at all. Why are you complaining about it? Honestly. You want to ruin other people's fun and have them remove it from the reward table just so you can feel "special" for having one extra (and IMO rather ugly) frame? How selfish can you be?

You people act all high and mighty for being there during the moa weekend. Some of us unfortunately were not around and couldn't get them. Now that they release the BPs in the void, people are extremely, for lack of a better word, butthurt over something completely trivial. It doesn't hurt you at all. Why are you complaining about it? Honestly. You want to ruin other people's fun and have them remove it from the reward table just so you can feel "special" for having one extra (and IMO rather ugly) frame? How selfish can you be?

It's more the fact that they said it was an exclusive reward than anything. Don't call it exclusive if it isn't going to be.

It's more the fact that they said it was an exclusive reward than anything. Don't call it exclusive if it isn't going to be.

Is that any reason to belittle DE and tell them they should remove it from the rewards list though? People should be ashamed of themselves.

First because they said it would be exclusive, I imagine, and second because it feels like they put all the work into the event for nothing. They didn't get to use the frame earlier or really gain anything for participation, so it feels like those hours of effort put into killing Fusion MOA (for... some of the participants, not all) was wasted. If they'd let people who got it at least have earlier access to the frame I imagine there'd be a bit less anger, though there would still be some.

I don't mind it being released, but then I feel like it should never have been a reward for an event anyway. Exclusivity should probably be limited to cosmetics rather than items that can reward mastery. I can kind of understand both sides here.

I obtained that BP in the event.  Now I've acquired two more, yet no Frost Prime Systems.  They say it was going to be an "Exclusive" reward for the event, but now it's saturating the RNG reward system.  It's upsetting, honestly.

Is that any reason to belittle DE and tell them they should remove it from the rewards list though? People should be ashamed of themselves.

No reason to belittle DE, but yes, they should remove it from the rewards list. When DE goes back on their word, or when they aren't coherent with what one of their Dev's says, it says something about the company. It sets a trend for the future. It means we can't trust them to have the players best interests in mind.

from the post in news about the event

VICTORY TENNO!

- All Tenno who killed at least 1 Fusion Moa received a FROST PRIME BLUEPRINT and 100K Credits!

- It's not too late to participate... if you haven't participated yet, you still have until Monday 12pm EDT to kill some Fusion Moas in Europa and get the reward when the event ends! Not unlocked? Join a friend who has it unlocked!

- Millions of Fusion MOAs were destroyed!

- Monday the top Players and top Clans will be posted who caused the most mayhem!

- Update 8 [~2 weeks] reveals hidden Orokin locations along with FROST PRIME’s parts... soon you will discover how PRIME Warframes interact with the Ancient Orokin technology!

nowhere in that post does it say its an exclusive reward......

First because they said it would be exclusive, I imagine, and second because it feels like they put all the work into the event for nothing. 

Many (probably most) people only killed a few moas, or even only one.

The people who feel like they put all the work into the event for nothing are probably the ones who played defense missions in an organized team to kill fusion moas. The squad banshee's ult, while useful, meant that it would rack up a significant portion of fusion moa kills, denying the other three people of their place on the top 100. As you may remember, the top 100 players got thunderbolt.

Yes, I'm still kinda annoyed about this. After all, I still don't have thunderbolt because of innerblaze :P

I obtained that BP in the event.  Now I've acquired two more, yet no Frost Prime Systems.  They say it was going to be an "Exclusive" reward for the event, but now it's saturating the RNG reward system.  It's upsetting, honestly.

This is the very reason why I'm peeved at it being a drop from void missions. It's diluting the drop pool, which means less chances to get those ultra rare reaper blades and latron receivers.

can someone find me the post where it's stated that frost prime was to be an exclusive reward for the moa event?

Even though in several threads those posts have already been shown? And apparently around the 25 minute mark in the livestream they say so?

If you're really that lazy I can go find it for you.

Edited by Avenwing

from the post in news about the event

VICTORY TENNO!

- All Tenno who killed at least 1 Fusion Moa received a FROST PRIME BLUEPRINT and 100K Credits!

- It's not too late to participate... if you haven't participated yet, you still have until Monday 12pm EDT to kill some Fusion Moas in Europa and get the reward when the event ends! Not unlocked? Join a friend who has it unlocked!

- Millions of Fusion MOAs were destroyed!

- Monday the top Players and top Clans will be posted who caused the most mayhem!

- Update 8 [~2 weeks] reveals hidden Orokin locations along with FROST PRIME’s parts... soon you will discover how PRIME Warframes interact with the Ancient Orokin technology!

nowhere in that post does it say its an exclusive reward......

That particular post doesn't sum up the entire history of what DE stated the reward would be.

DE stated, multiple times, that there would be an EXCLUSIVE REWARD for completing the Fusion Moa event, however both Frost Prime and 100k credits are free for everyone, discounting a bit of their time.

Many (probably most) people only killed a few moas, or even only one.

The people who feel like they put all the work into the event for nothing are probably the ones who played defense missions in an organized team to kill fusion moas. The squad banshee's ult, while useful, meant that it would rack up a significant portion of fusion moa kills, denying the other three people of their place on the top 100. As you may remember, the top 100 players got thunderbolt.

Yes, I'm still kinda annoyed about this. After all, I still don't have thunderbolt because of innerblaze :P

Hence that little bracket I added afterwards about only some of the participants actually contributing a lot. XD

But... yes. If you only killed one Fusion MOA, this probably wouldn't sting as much. Those people that thought the prize would be exclusive and spent hours upon hours grinding to kill them to push up the meter - yeah, I can imagine this would kind of sting to them. With the drop rates as they are, they're more likely than not going to get a Frost Prime BP before they get all the parts for their Frost Prime anyway. So... it dimishes the effort put into the event.

And honestly, that is quite understandable. Bashing DE for it isn't cool, though.

As for Thunderbolt, I spent hours farming Abaddon, haha. Kinda wish I had spent a little longer; I should have been pretty close to the top 100. Another mission or two. :c

I'm more worried that future events will be seen as pointless. If the reward holds no value there is little point in getting it. Everyone who killed moas all weekend and was then able to say "Hey, I was there for the first event, it was awesome!" Now has no proof. I for one would be fine with a cosmetic or a badge of some kind.

Hence that little bracket I added afterwards about only some of the participants actually contributing a lot. XD

But... yes. If you only killed one Fusion MOA, this probably wouldn't sting as much. Those people that thought the prize would be exclusive and spent hours upon hours grinding to kill them to push up the meter - yeah, I can imagine this would kind of sting to them. With the drop rates as they are, they're more likely than not going to get a Frost Prime BP before they get all the parts for their Frost Prime anyway. So... it dimishes the effort put into the event.

And honestly, that is quite understandable. Bashing DE for it isn't cool, though.

As for Thunderbolt, I spent hours farming Abaddon, haha. Kinda wish I had spent a little longer; I should have been pretty close to the top 100. Another mission or two. :c

I'll be honest, the Frost Prime bp was only the trigger that set me off. The forma was the biggest slap in the face for me and when I saw that FP could be gotten just kinda tipped me over the edge.

In all honesty, if Jack gets a Frost Prime, too, John's Frost Prime does not get worse. Where's the beef?

If John worked his butt off killing Fusion Moas for his Frost Prime and is told it would be an exclusive reward specifically for people who helped, then it devalues the work he put into the event if Jack can get a Frost Prime after the fact. John ain't gonna be too excited for the next event, either.

What's the point in workin' our butts off doing events if the reward is just gonna drop randomly while we're looking for something else?

And proof of the "exclusiveness" claim (As originally posted by K1LLZ0NE in a different topic):

Livestream #5

@25:48 - 25:52

DE Steve: "exclusive Prime Blueprint"

Edited by McCorvus

Yes.

They keep lying.

DE: Founder program will end March 16, buy while you can!!!

Reality, they leave it open indefinitely. 

DE: FP BPS will be exclusive, if you want it, we are extending the time frame to Monday, be sure to kill at least ONE Fusion MOAH by then to get it.

Reality, we will make it a drop. 

Quuuuuuuaaaaaaah Pppuuuuuuut!! Spit in your face. 

I'm more worried that future events will be seen as pointless. If the reward holds no value there is little point in getting it. Everyone who killed moas all weekend and was then able to say "Hey, I was there for the first event, it was awesome!" Now has no proof. I for one would be fine with a cosmetic or a badge of some kind.

Or just a purple long-barrel lato skin!