Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are People So Upset About Fp Bps?

-..-

I am PRO everyone being able to get Frost Prime. That's Awesome!

But...

I am CONTRA De advertising Frost Prime as an exclusive Reward for participating in the Event and even saying that it will NOT be obtainable after the Event is over. They simply lied and i find that pretty disappointing.

P.s.: From Wikipedia: Exclusive typically means not with other things or not including other things.

I am PRO everyone being able to get Frost Prime. That's Awesome!

But...

I am CONTRA De advertising Frost Prime as an exclusive Reward for participating in the Event and even saying that it will NOT be obtainable after the Event is over. They simply lied and i find that pretty disappointing.

P.s.: From Wikipedia: Exclusive typically means not with other things or not including other things.

Exactly! I have no issues with everyone having it. But DE seriously... WTF. You scare people into the event on the basis that the reward is exclusive to participants, even extending the event for some... Then turn 180 and just throw it out.... 

Yeah. Honestly, everyone having Frost Prime isn't the issue; going back on the promise of exclusivity is. I love DE, and I think Warframe is amazing, but if the only response we get is "We've learned a lot from launching Update 8 and we'll improve in the future", I'm going to be very disappointed.

As the killer of the most Fusion Moas...

Rock on. Everyone enjoy your Frost Primes!

But at the same time, participants should've been given the BP first, then given the components on release. Some people farmed Frost Prime before I could. We should've gotten some benefit beyond getting a BP that we would've gotten anyway. I'd argue that it's not too late to sweeten that deal.

Give the participants a few Forma, imo. I'd be happy with that.

Edited by Kahruvel

You people act all high and mighty for being there during the moa weekend. Some of us unfortunately were not around and couldn't get them. Now that they release the BPs in the void, people are extremely, for lack of a better word, butthurt over something completely trivial. It doesn't hurt you at all. Why are you complaining about it? Honestly. You want to ruin other people's fun and have them remove it from the reward table just so you can feel "special" for having one extra (and IMO rather ugly) frame? How selfish can you be?

What about Braton Vandal? Why do they have more right to their Exclusivity then those who Attained at the MOA EVENT?

Even if some1 only killed 1 MOA... he already did more then those who brag about their precious Braton Vandal. You just logged in for that.

For some unknown reason "you" think giving out Frost Prime is fair... just because "you" missed it. Wonder what would you act liek if "your" precious Braton Vandal would be available.

Edited by Sikab

In all honesty, if Jack gets a Frost Prime, too, John's Frost Prime does not get worse. Where's the beef?

It's more that, why did I bother working to get a frost prime BP and have it sit there in my inventory taunting me for weeks if I'm going to end up getting one randomly in the void anyways?  It feels like they invalidated my efforts, but it's mostly that the void is already annoying what with the receiver and blade fiasco, and this just makes them all the more rare.

"So much anger over some pixels over a virtual/fake reality known as an online video game."

That people spend money on :P.  People spending money on void keys have less of a chance at the things they want now.  Considering they are a paying customer base, it would make sense to listen to them.

Edited by therundown

So much anger over some pixels over a virtual/fake reality known as an online video game.

We're angry because DE has gone back on their word, not because everyone gets to use the slightly-different colored pixels with rings on its head. What, you're saying you wouldn't be angry if someone gave you a gift that they said was "exclusive, and just for you!", and then started handing it out to others as well?

Edited by McCorvus

in a way i cant really take sides, i can understand the fact that people without frost primes can get upset or turned off getting blueprints for its parts without being able to use them, however it dos bring up the question, what was the point of fusion moa extermination event?

if i could have suggested an idea, make a boss for europa that only drop frost prime parts, that way people wont have to get void keys to get the parts, while maintaining the frost prime exclusiveness as noon without the print will bother farming it.

Edited by BloodHungryKitten

We're angry because DE has gone back on their word, not because everyone gets to use the slightly-different colored pixels with rings on its head. What, you're saying you wouldn't be angry if someone gave you a gift that they said was "exclusive, and just for you!", and then started handing it out to others as well?

Why not spread the love?  Generosity is still good right?  IMO DE is being pretty generous to players who want a cooler pixelated Frost Warframe.

Edited by GoatGodJohn

As the killer of the most Fusion Moas...

Rock on. Everyone enjoy your Frost Primes!

But at the same time, participants should've been given the BP first, then given the components on release. Some people farmed Frost Prime before I could. We should've gotten some benefit beyond getting a BP that we would've gotten anyway. I'd argue that it's not too late to sweeten that deal.

Give the participants a few Forma, imo. I'd be happy with that.

+1. This sort of thing is the best thing.

Why not spread the love?  Generosity is still good right?  IMO DE is being pretty generous to players who want a cooler pixelated Frost Warframe.

Because the people who were involved in the Fusion Moa event have, at this time, killed over two million Moas for... a drop you're gonna get in the void anyway. Generosity is good. Going back on your word is not. DE may be being generous to people who wanted the Frost Prime, but some of those who participated in the event kinda feel like they've wasted their time.

Think of it this way; if you were to pre-order a videogame for exclusive content (Ignoring the fact that some people don't preorder, whatever, go with it), and then you discovered that the exclusive content was included in every copy of the game, would you be annoyed that you put money down on something that isn't exclusive, or would you be happy that everyone else got it too? It's the same kind of situation in my eyes.

By itself it isn't a huge deal, it really is just a video game character thingy. But DE said they learned from the Glaive, but then proceeded to release the Vauban in the exact same way. They communicated better, yes, but didn't change anything about distribution. Now we've gone backwards, and communication has failed again. I don't want to see this kind of thing keep happening, and I'm sure nobody else does either.

Edited by McCorvus

It's more that, why did I bother working to get a frost prime BP and have it sit there in my inventory taunting me for weeks if I'm going to end up getting one randomly in the void anyways?  It feels like they invalidated my efforts, but it's mostly that the void is already annoying what with the receiver and blade fiasco, and this just makes them all the more rare.

"So much anger over some pixels over a virtual/fake reality known as an online video game."

That people spend money on :P.  People spending money on void keys have less of a chance at the things they want now.  Considering they are a paying customer base, it would make sense to listen to them.

This. +100

People so up in arms over the devs using the word "exclusive" holy cow. 

You participated in an event, you got to enjoy a new enemy that now rarely spawns, you got to farm butt loads of Rubedo, you got a reward of 100,000 credits (basically a free dethcube bp) and a free Frost Prime BP, not to mention the you know, fun of fighting and participating all together and trying to figure out what the reward was. 

Now there is a way for people to earn it. OH NO THE WORLD IS BURNING RABBLERABBLRABBLE

Who cares if they used the word "exclusive". It was. It was exclusive to anyone who participated. 

Berating DE for extending the deadline to kill at least ONE fusion moa? This is just insane. They didn't extend it to lead people on or as part of some huge conspiracy. There were people who just didn't make it in time to play during the weekend and they were NICE enough to extend the time limit to get a free frost prime bp and 100 frikin thousand credits for killing ONE enemy. ONE.

Honestly, with all the things that need fixing asap with the latest update THIS is what you choose to take issue with???

If we are going to sit here and argue semantics then have at it, just count me out.

And for the record, saying that you don't have any problem with the frost bp not being exclusive, but having a problem with them implying no one else will ever have it, is a huge contradiction and expression of hypocrisy. 

If you don't mind others being able to earn it, why would you mind if DE said others wouldn't be able to???

Honestly....this is crazy.

Edited by LuxAngel7

Most people who participated in the event ended up only killing one moa for the BP. Why should they feel entitled to the "exclusive" Frost Prime? 

Because the participated. It is simple. Not only did they participate, DE told everyone that you could not get it after that fact, hence they extended the Deadline. 

Why do people who didnt do a darn thing feel entitled to something that was supposed to be exclusive for farming moas? 

Most people who participated in the event ended up only killing one moa for the BP. Why should they feel entitled to the "exclusive" Frost Prime? 

Because that's what they were told. There would be an exclusive reward.

Why should people feel entitled to the vandal weapons? They literally only had to log on during the weekend for the braton, or exist for the lato.

People so up in arms over the devs using the word "exclusive" holy cow. 

You participated in an event, you got to enjoy a new enemy that now rarely spawns, you got to farm but loads of Rubedo, you got a reward of 100,000 credits (basically a free dethcube bp) and a free Frost Prime BP, not to mention the you know, fun of fighting and participating all together and trying to figure out what the reward was. 

Now there is a way for people to earn it. OH NO THE WORLD IS BURNING RABBLERABBLRABBLE

Who cares if they used the word "exclusive". It was. It was exclusive to anyone who participated. 

Berating DE for extending the deadline to kill at least ONE fusion moa? This is just insane. They didn't extend it to lead people on or as part of some huge conspiracy. There were people who just didn't make it in time to play during the weekend and they were NICE enough to extend the time limit to get a free frost prime bp and 100 frikin thousand credits for killing ONE enemy. ONE.

Honestly, with all the things that need fixing asap with the latest update THIS is what you choose to take issue with???

If we are going to sit here and argue semantics then have at it, just count me out.

And for the record, saying that you don't have any problem with the frost bp not being exclusive, but having a problem with them implying no one else will ever have it, is a huge contradiction and expression of hypocrisy. 

If you don't mind others being able to earn it, why would you mind if DE said others wouldn't be able to???

Honestly....this is crazy.

You missed the point entirely. But I expect some people too. They lied, they lied to get participation. They lied.

It is simple. 

Because the people who were involved in the Fusion Moa event have, at this time, killed over two million Moas for... a drop you're gonna get in the void anyway. Generosity is good. Going back on your word is not. DE may be being generous to people who wanted the Frost Prime, but some of those who participated in the event kinda feel like they've wasted their time.

Think of it this way; if you were to pre-order a videogame for exclusive content (Ignoring the fact that some people don't preorder, whatever, go with it), and then you discovered that the exclusive content was included in every copy of the game, would you be annoyed that you put money down on something that isn't exclusive, or would you be happy that everyone else got it too? It's the same kind of situation in my eyes.

By itself it isn't a huge deal, it really is just a video game character thingy. But DE said they learned from the Glaive, but then proceeded to release the Vauban in the exact same way. They communicated better, yes, but didn't change anything about distribution. Now we've gone backwards, and communication has failed again. I don't want to see this kind of thing keep happening, and I'm sure nobody else does either.

But still it was a free event the MOA thing/whatever, but even the current way to enter the void, it's RNG to get the void keys, team up with someone who has a key, or buy keys.  So there is now some money involved in getting the Frost Prime BPs.

I can understand PAYING MONEY for an exclusive item because people spend hours in life working for money and they don't want money to be wasted.  IIRC platinum is pretty expensive in this game, but the event didn't require anyone to spend right?

And what exactly is this "learned from the Glaive" thing?

Edited by GoatGodJohn

But still it was a free event the MOA thing/whatever, but even the current way to enter the void, it's RNG to get the void keys, team up with someone who has a key, or buy keys.  So there is now some money involved in getting the Frost Prime BPs.

I can understand PAYING MONEY for an exclusive item because people spend hours in life working for money and they don't want money to be wasted.  IIRC platinum is pretty expensive in this game, but the event didn't require anyone to spend right?

And what exactly is this "learned from the Glaive" thing?

So you are fine with being lied to? Or only because it benefits you? 

So you are fine with being lied to? Or only because it benefits you? 

You're assuming things.  Read a post from the other thread.

Gg son.

Also I don't get these assumptions about people:

"OMG IF YOUR EXCLUSIVE VIDEO GAME PIXELS WERE TAKEN AWAY YOU'D BE ANGRY TOO!!11!1!one!1!!"

No not really, people have different views about video games and some people just play it for FUN and not for the entitlement/"exclusiveness"/"feeling special" 

Some people just really... really don't care.  It's a video game.  It's something I play for fun and not something to feel special over the internet.  If I can get a Frost Prime BP that's cool too.  I wouldn't mind a Regular Frost BP.  I'd get which ever one is easier for me so I can GET IN ON THE FUN! Yaaaay :D   But seriously, why do people have the need to feel special over a video game?  I know they "lied" to you but still none of this matters.  And what if DE had a different definition of the word "exclusive"?  What if they thought 'exclusive = special'  Special and exclusive obviously don't mean the same thing, but they do sound like they mean the same thing don't they?  I see this confusion everywhere.  It could just be that DE had a different meaning for the word exclusive like MOST people do.  That wouldn't make DE look very bright though either.