Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are People So Upset About Fp Bps?

-..-

For me, Its just the thought that we did our work for a "special" reward. Not to mention, if we reset our accounts, we could keep it. Whats the point of keeping it if we can get another? They said it would stay just like other things we have gotten (vandal weapons), so its only natural to think "hey, if we get to keep the frost prime bp when we reset, that must mean its exclusive!". But nope.

And what exactly is this "learned from the Glaive" thing?

When the Glaive hit, the community was mad about it because it was hyped up, and then suddenly only available to people who bought it, or people who waited for it to crop up in ? Alerts. We were not informed beforehand that it would be ? Alert only, so people were sad. DE said they would improve in the future, and they did, at least in the communication aspect. Vauban got released, but they told us beforehand, "Hey! You get this from ? Alerts." So they improved.

Then the Fusion Moa Event happened, and now the Exclusive thing is no longer Exclusive. They've gone from No Information Given -> Information Given -> Misinformation Given, essentially. Likely the whole "Exclusive" thing was either a slip, or something that was decided on after-the-fact, but DE needs to address it. No, I'm not expecting compensation, and no, I'm not expecting them to pull Frost Prime away from everyone. I want them to address the issue. Whether meaning to or not, I feel like my work in the Fusion Moa event was devalued, and I feel like I've been lied to, because... we were.

I still love DE, I don't regret getting my Founders, and I'm even saving up for a Master's level right now. But bad communication kills, and there's quite a few angry people now because of it.

It already happened and we cant go back so let's go forward!

How about the folks that participated get another EXCLUSIVE Prime BP? Release Trinity Prime for the folks to participated on the event!

Then we can wait several weeks for an update cause we cant build it yet, then find out its not as exclusive as we thought!

You missed the point entirely. But I expect some people too. They lied, they lied to get participation. They lied.

It is simple. 

I understood the points perfectly. They are very simple after all. I'm afraid you didn't catch what I was saying however. 

You are upset because they "lied" to effectively "deceive" you to get you participate. WHAT?

It was an event. There were rewards. You didn't pay to do anything.

Your reaction could be defensible if you had to pay to access the event.

As it is now, these reactions and levels of outrage are completely unfounded, and quite honestly, silly. 

When the Glaive hit, the community was mad about it because it was hyped up, and then suddenly only available to people who bought it, or people who waited for it to crop up in ? Alerts. We were not informed beforehand that it would be ? Alert only, so people were sad. DE said they would improve in the future, and they did, at least in the communication aspect. Vauban got released, but they told us beforehand, "Hey! You get this from ? Alerts." So they improved.

Then the Fusion Moa Event happened, and now the Exclusive thing is no longer Exclusive. They've gone from No Information Given -> Information Given -> Misinformation Given, essentially. Likely the whole "Exclusive" thing was either a slip, or something that was decided on after-the-fact, but DE needs to address it. No, I'm not expecting compensation, and no, I'm not expecting them to pull Frost Prime away from everyone. I want them to address the issue. Whether meaning to or not, I feel like my work in the Fusion Moa event was devalued, and I feel like I've been lied to, because... we were.

I still love DE, I don't regret getting my Founders, and I'm even saving up for a Master's level right now. But bad communication kills, and there's quite a few angry people now because of it.

Exactly.

I understood the points perfectly. They are very simple after all. I'm afraid you didn't catch what I was saying however. 

You are upset because they "lied" to effectively "deceive" you to get you participate. WHAT?

It was an event. There were rewards. You didn't pay to do anything.

Your reaction could be defensible if you had to pay to access the event.

As it is now, these reactions and levels of outrage are completely unfounded, and quite honestly, silly. 

My time is worth a decent amount of money. 

My time is worth a decent amount of money. 

Ok I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic.

But if you are not,  you essentially just implied that you should be compensated for enjoying a product that a company made. And specifically, for enjoying a free product during an event that offered you free rewards simply for playing.

Please tell me you were being sarcastic. Because if you weren't then with your comment I think it's safe to say we've reached the zenith of ridiculousness for this situation.

Ok I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic.

But if you are not,  you essentially just implied that you should be compensated for enjoying a product that a company made. And specifically, for enjoying a free product during an event that offered you free rewards simply for playing.

Please tell me you were being sarcastic. Because if you weren't then with your comment I think it's safe to say we've reached the zenith of ridiculousness for this situation.

I am not being sarcastic. Factually speaking, my time is worth a decent amount of money. How is that ridiculous? If you make X amount, per hour, that is the cost of an hour to you. 

And being lied to is being lied to, you can not sugar coat that. 

Edited by Zackai

I am not being sarcastic. Factually speaking, my time is worth a decent amount of money. How is that ridiculous? If you make X amount, per hour, that is the cost of an hour to you. 

And being lied to is being lied to, you can not sugar coat that. 

you take one word and interpret an entire situation the way you want to, founding that interpretation on the use of that single word "exclusive" and how you believe it was used, in a livestream with no script, off the cuff, from a dev just trying to speak his mind.

Since you insist on arguing semantics, I'll entertain you.

Everyone knows the meaning of the word exclusive. Hopefully, everyone also understands that the way this word is used in common spoken language is not always correct, or rather, according to the exact technical definition. And even if you choose to irrationally argue that you understood it as the technical definition of "mutually excluding other factors, etc" then you still would have had to ask yourself, "exclusive when to compared to what it is?/who gets it?/how they get it?"

In the livestream where the dev used the word exclusive you may intepret the use of the word in different ways:

1) The bp was an item not obtainable through any other 'normal' in game means at the time, therefore exclusive.

2) The bp was an item that would be offered to you as an ingame reward, and at a later date at a price, therefore exclusive.

3) The bp is for a "prime" frame, an ingame avatar universally recognized by players as a "special" avatar, therefore exclusive.

4) The bp will be available only to players who participated in the event until hypothetical date 00/00/00, therefore exclusive.

5) The bp will be available only to players who participated in the event, and will never be available again, therefore exclusive.

If you want to then accuse the devs of having lied to you simply because you chose to believe/interpret the use of that word to be the same meaning as #5, then that is your problem, and a completely unfounded and irrational one.

Or do you think that when car dealerships, banks, and airlines offer "exclusive" deals that means that NO ONE else will EVER be able to have deals like that in the future? Or from other retailers for that matter?

For them to have lied, someone would have had to ask them directly:

Q: "Dev team, will this bp/frame be available in the future to other players who have not participated in the fusion MOA event?"

A: "NO."

Since this did not happen, you and others shouting how they lied to you, deceived you, violated your honor etc etc, only come off as nothing short of absolutely arrogant, ridiculous, and last but certainly not least: rude.

And for your other point about your time being valuable I think you are in dire need of understanding how that concept works.

You are playingvideo game. For FREE. You only get to argue about people costing you money for wasting your time when it is you who are the one being inconvenienced, requested, or otherwise solicited.

Not only this, but this is arguable when this occurs during periods of time that you would have been otherwise working/earning money.

Here YOU are choosing to spend your free time on entertainment, which on top of everything is free. (Yes you paid money but because, again, you chose to do so, you were not required to do so) So please realize that what you said about your time being valuable etc etc. has absolutely positively nothing at all to do with this.

Whether you are Bill Gates or a sweat shop worker, the argument of "my time is valuable" isn't even remotely applicable here. 

Edited by LuxAngel7

You participated in a War. You come back alive. Government gives you a check saying only people that participated in this war got it.

A few month later the government screw you over and give everyone else the same check.

How would you feel?

This is basically the situation right now and the reason why people are complaining.

You participated in a War. You come back alive. Government gives you a check saying only people that participated in this war got it.

A few month later the government screw you over and give everyone else the same check.

How would you feel?

This is basically the situation right now and the reason why people are complaining.

hahaha oh my God. Oh my ****** God.

I'm sorry, I always try to be as polite as possible, even when speaking to complete strangers on the internet.

However, you just compared:

Risking and/or sacrificing your LIFE , and the happiness and serentiy of yourself and those who love and care about you for months or years on end.........to playing a VIDEO GAME for no more than a minimum of 10-15 minutes.

YOU.

FAIL.

SO.

HARD.

IT HURTS.

I would normally attempt to help people like you see the sheer ridiculousness of such notions, but quite frankly, the aforementioned pain the stupidity of this post has caused me, has incapacitated me from doing so.

How would you feel?

As the son of a full-time naval officer, and the grandson, and grand nephew of two Korean war veterans, I'm going to just straight up tell you, this ranks in the top 20 most offensive things I have ever seen anyone say on the internet. 

You sir are a true world class idiot, and the sheer amount of disgust that is coursing through me at this moment is indescribable. I sincerely hope that one day in the future you will understand the enormity of what you just said, and be filled with the full amount of shame, and self-loathing that anyone who would have the unimaginable gall to type the what you just did deserves, you unimaginable disgrace of a human being.

How would you feel?

Its a video game kid. Go outside, look at the trees, listen to the birds, possibly get a job, then come back, and think about why its dumb to compare playing a video game to being a soldier.

As a soldier currently serving my nation, I don't see anything offensive about it. He was making a point which did make sense. Could it have been worded better? Definitely. Do I see his point? Yes on all accounts. Doesn't matter if you're the grandkid of some veteran, it does not automatically grant you rights to be offended. until you've actually gone out to war YOURSELF you don't get the privilege of tagging onto someone's sacrifice. Seriously, if you want to talk offended, don't even start on that topic. Now, can we get back on topic?

You people act all high and mighty for being there during the moa weekend. Some of us unfortunately were not around and couldn't get them. Now that they release the BPs in the void, people are extremely, for lack of a better word, butthurt over something completely trivial. It doesn't hurt you at all. Why are you complaining about it? Honestly. You want to ruin other people's fun and have them remove it from the reward table just so you can feel "special" for having one extra (and IMO rather ugly) frame? How selfish can you be?

It's more the fact that they said it was an exclusive reward than anything. Don't call it exclusive if it isn't going to be.

Those who break their words once will surely break their words a second time.

Keep going guys.  At this rate you'll be certain to make sure that there are no more live events.

Why would they even want to run them after the self-entitled whining that is going on in this thread.  Personally I am glad that people get the chance to have the Frost Prime.  I don't like exclusivity of items in games. 

Yes I did participate in the Moa event, no I don't have all the parts for FP yet, yes I did get another FP BP in a void mission yesterday.  No I am not butthurt over it.  Grow up.

Keep going guys.  At this rate you'll be certain to make sure that there are no more live events.

Why would they even want to run them after the self-entitled whining that is going on in this thread.  Personally I am glad that people get the chance to have the Frost Prime.  I don't like exclusivity of items in games. 

Yes I did participate in the Moa event, no I don't have all the parts for FP yet, yes I did get another FP BP in a void mission yesterday.  No I am not butthurt over it.  Grow up.

Wise words. Besides, something people forget is everyone also got 100,000 credits for the event.

As a soldier currently serving my nation, I don't see anything offensive about it. He was making a point which did make sense. Could it have been worded better? Definitely. Do I see his point? Yes on all accounts. Doesn't matter if you're the grandkid of some veteran, it does not automatically grant you rights to be offended. until you've actually gone out to war YOURSELF you don't get the privilege of tagging onto someone's sacrifice. Seriously, if you want to talk offended, don't even start on that topic. Now, can we get back on topic?

So now you have to currently be serving in a military organization to have the right to be offended at the sheer idiocy and utter lack of respect that comment showed toward anyone anywhere who has ever served their country? Sorry, please don't take this as an invitation to start proving that you're actually a soldier, but if you are indeed currently serving in the armed forces, which is something I simply have a very hard time believing, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Countless millions of people have given their lives to protect their country, their freedom, and their loved ones, and continue to do so every day. You are either some keyboard warrior claiming to be currently in the armed forces to lend your personal opinion about a video game credence, or you are a soldier, and you just have absolutely no idea what the concept of what having respect for the sacrifices of others means.

Honestly, I think the latter possibility is worse, but not by that much.

And honestly, the fact that you would tell someone who has a rich family history of serving their country and putting their lives on the line for us, that they are "tagging along on the sacrifices of others", to me points to door number 1, where you are just pretending to be something you're not, so you can (in your mind) have free reign to say whatever you like and somehow act like it's right. Because no self respecting soldier would EVER say that about ANYONE who has served their country, or knows what it means to stay awake at night wondering if you're ever going to see the people that mean the world to you ever again.

Edited by LuxAngel7

Ha ha ha, some serious Bill Clinton S#&$ going on in here.

"That depends on what the definition of 'is' is."

Seriously you can't honestly think they meant anything else other than "this is the only time this will be available" when using the word "exclusive" to refer to an item in a video game. That list of definitions you rattled off, while technically correct, has nothing to do with what they meant. You're reaching pretty damn far to defend them for a reason I don't really understand. I don't think this is all that big of a deal, but its obvious what was meant by "exclusive." Any claims to the contrary would either be stupid or misleading or both. Don't be ridiculous.

And aren't you the guy that was freaking out over people slide-dashing? Talk about making a big deal out of nothing.

Edited by Vitriolic_Crux

So now you have to currently be serving in a military organization to have the right to be offended at the sheer idiocy and utter lack of respect that comment showed toward anyone anywhere who has ever served their country? Sorry, please don't take this as an invitation to start proving that you're actually a soldier, but if you are indeed currently serving in the armed forces, which is something I simply have a very hard time believing, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Countless millions of people have given their lives to protect their country, their freedom, and their loved ones, and continue to do so every day. You are either some keyboard warrior claiming to be currently in the armed forces to lend your personal opinion about a video game credence, or you are a soldier, and you just have absolutely no idea what the concept of what having respect for the sacrifices of others means.

And honestly, the fact that you would tell someone who has a rich family history of serving their country and putting their lives on the line for us, that they are "tagging along on the sacrifices of others", to me points to door number 1, where you are just pretending to be something you're not, so you can (in your mind) have free reign to say whatever you like and somehow act like it's right. Because no self respecting soldier would EVER say that about ANYONE who has served their country, or knows what it means to stay awake at night wondering if you're ever going to see the people that mean the world to you ever again.

I don't mean to offend you sir, but this conversation is veering heavily off track. If you could take it to private messages, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Now on topic, I still have yet to understand the cons of Frost Prime being released to the public. Is there anything that specifically deters you from playing the game by giving other people access? No? Then why complain? If one day I gave lollipops to my students for drawing a picture, then later I gave them lollipops if they got A's on their tests, who would complain? No one. No one at all. The first group of kids were happy, and so were the second. The first wouldn't go "HEY, you didn't draw a picture so I'm taking that lollipop away from you. HMPH!" It literally has nothing to do with you, as you already got what you wanted. At this point you're all becoming spoiled children that think that only the kids that drew pictures should get lollipops, and the other kids that work for days and days should get nothing in return.

Edited by Ecksplisit

So know you have to currently be serving in a military organization to be offended at the sheer idiocy and utter lack of respect that comment showed toward anyone anywhere who has ever served their country? Sorry, please don't take this as an invitation to start proving that you're actually a soldier, but if you are indeed currently serving in the armed forces, which is something I simply have a very hard time believing, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

You don't have to take my word for anything, I'm simply stating that you're not doing the discussion a favor by throwing the offended card. I didn't throw the personal insult your direction, I just asked for you to open your perspective up a little, so your insult was uncalled for. This is the internet, you can choose to doubt me if it doesn't suit your viewpoint but you'd be doing everyone a great disservice by lashing out.

As the son of a full-time naval officer, and the grandson, and grand nephew of two Korean war veterans, I'm going to just straight up tell you, this ranks in the top 20 most offensive things I have ever seen anyone say on the internet. 

You sir are a true world class idiot, and the sheer amount of disgust that is coursing through me at this moment is indescribable. I sincerely hope that one day in the future you will understand the enormity of what you just said, and be filled with the full amount of shame, and self-loathing that anyone who would have the unimaginable gall to type the what you just did deserves, you unimaginable disgrace of a human being.

You are just as much of an idiot for 1) being up in arms about some comment on the internet

2) You act as if being a soldier is an honourable thing. You are nothing more than empty shells that follow orders.

3) Calling someone a disgrace of a human being because they dislike the profession of killing people.

Infact I could just as easily say "As a grand-son of a war rape victim I am just as offended" But I am not. 1) It is the reason I an here today. 2) You seem to be just as mentally deficient as the person you are insulting.

Edited by Supern00b

You don't have to take my word for anything, I'm simply stating that you're not doing the discussion a favor by throwing the offended card. I didn't throw the personal insult your direction, I just asked for you to open your perspective up a little, so your insult was uncalled for. This is the internet, you can choose to doubt me if it doesn't suit your viewpoint but you'd be doing everyone a great disservice by lashing out.

Being offended is not "throwing a card". No one is trying to "win". Much less do so by playing some sort of weird mind game that you obviously think is going on. The insult that I or anyone else took was perfectly called for, and who do you think you are or what do you think you're talking about to tell others what they should be insulted by???

These are our opinions, just like your opinion was to say that being offended at comparing dying/risking your life for your country to playing a game is "tagging along to the sacrifice of others", my opinon is that the original comment poster "thepieboy" should be ashamed of themselves, and that what you said is a disgrace to the uniform that you say you wear.

I'm not lashing out at anyone. I am not doubting you because it suits my opinion. I'm doubting you because I don't want to believe that someone who serves their country can say such absurdly disrespectful things as you have.

But unfortunately that's probably my fault, because I tend to want to attribute the best qualities of our species to those who serve to protect us, due to the sheer amount of gratitude and respect I have for them. Obviously it's still an organization full of people, and it's bound to have some people that show no respect to others. Even when those people are showing outrage for having lacked in respect to the armed forces personnel in the first place. Honestly, it's really an ironic absurdity.

If what you say is true, and you are in the armed forces, this is the short version of what happens.

1) Random internet user types obscenely stupid comment, showing gross disrespect to anyone who has died for, or served their country.

2) People get upset and offended at this.

3) Member of armed forces (that's supposedly you) comes on to defend the first user, while lacking basic respect to those who were defending and standing up for you.

It's really insane.

You are just as much of an idiot for 1) being up in arms about some comment on the internet

2) You act as if being a soldier is an honourable thing. You are nothing more than empty shells that follow orders.

3) Calling someone a disgrace of a human being because they dislike the profession of killing people.

Infact I could just as easily say "As a grand-son of a war rape victim I am just as offended" But I am not. 1) It is the reason I an here today. 2) You seem to be just as mentally deficient as the person you are insulting.

this is absolutely $&*&*#(%&.

1) Just because someone says something extremely offensive on the internet, instead of any other media, doesn't mean you shouldn't be offended. So is it ok to say that Nazi Pedophiles are great as long as I say it on the internet?

2) Being a soldier, dedicating your life to protect your country and loved ones is an honorable thing. You can choose to view soldiers as "empty shells" but that just puts you in the same category of worthless people that categorize all policemen as "power hungry idiots" or firemen as "lazy bums".

3) Being a soldier does not mean you "enjoy killing people". Are you insane? or are you trolling? And no one expressed offence because someone "didn't like" being a soldier.

Your personal example has absolutely no bearing or relevance whatsoever in the discussion, except possibly in your eyes to try and shock and justify your blatant personal insult towards the user you respond to.

Honestly and quite frankly, you should be ashamed of what you've written.