Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor -> Buff It !

(XBOX)Dynamix606

Nerf was too much, because you either need to run with primed pistol ammo mutation or take out lethal torrent, don't get me wrong, while synoid is my favourite weapon in the game, it was deserving a nerf by all means, after they increased the ammo consumption I stopped using it, simply because I couldn't, always ended up running out of ammo in long missions, eventually I maxed out ppam just for it, and the results wheren't that bad as I expected, I barely run out of ammo, only on endless missions I have ammo troubles, but this shouldn't be a thing it requires a maxed primed mod to take full advantage of this weapon, hopefully DE will take a second look at it, this will mostlikely happen with all the multishot, scalling, damage mods changes upcoming.

IMO it really doesn't need a buff. It was insanely powercreeping before the nerf, and buffing it again would simply restart the complaints. Besides, the bigger mag size and max ammo makes up for the fire-rate, and if that still isn't enough, you've got two nice slots for improving the ammo efficiency, specifically with Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation.

It's still much better than the normal Gammacor.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

It will get a rework with the new multishot rework. However, I doubt that it will get buffed, reason why is because just as many people argue that it's fine/still overpowered as those who plea for a 3rd look. It would be best to just swap to the atomos. It's decently strong, has a better ammo economy, it clears crowds faster than the synoid ever did, and nobody *@##$es about it.

IMO it really doesn't need a buff. It was insanely powercreeping before the nerf, and buffing it again would simply restart the complaints. Besides, the bigger mag size and max ammo makes up for the fire-rate, and if that still isn't enough, you've got two nice slots for improving the ammo efficiency, specifically with Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation.

It's still much better than the normal Gammacor.

Powercreeping? Compared to what?

Thers choices that allways stood theyr ground against the gammacor, mostly singleshot weapons that had the same kinda efficiency on a balanced burstVSdps damage. It was still just a secondary that didn't outnumber primary weapons, even at its peak. It wasn't O.P. at any point. The nerf was therefore useless and the endresult is as well. It was easy to use, that's why people used it. For nothing else. No idea where this powercreep association even came from...did anyone actually feel this way?! I've run both, the synoid and a phage back then (soma close to the nerf) and i NEVER felt that it overpowered anything at all.

Thers choices that allways stood theyr ground against the gammacor, mostly singleshot weapons that had the same kinda efficiency on a balanced burstVSdps damage. It was still just a secondary that didn't outnumber primary weapons, even at its peak. It wasn't O.P. at any point. The nerf was therefore useless and the endresult is as well. It was easy to use, that's why people used it. For nothing else. No idea where this powercreep association even came from...did anyone actually feel this way?! I've run both, the synoid and a phage back then (soma close to the nerf) and i NEVER felt that it overpowered anything at all.

I think the reason why they call it power creep is because it overshadows the normal Gammacor in mag size, ammo pool size, status chance, and possibly, having the Entropy effect. I have no problems with it overshadowing the normal one due to this game having endless modes that have enemies scale infinitely along with the time/waves/rounds and with the tier of the missions. And because of said scaling, DE had better also rework npcs along with multishot or there WILL be some hell raising. Edited by MrAnticitizen

Back then, the Brakk was the only secondary that could pass 20k burst DPS, while the standard was around 9-13k damage.

Then Gammacor rolls along with roughly 15k burst, which was pretty big at the time, and THEN the Synoid Gammacor rolls along, with half the fire-rate and quadruple damage of the already good normal one! Meaning you could use fire-rate mods and get up to 50k burst DPS, without even having slightly bad ammo efficiency.

That, and the syndicate blasts, AND the fact that it was TRADEABLE, made it very broken. The nerf was completely justified, and I can't believe this is being complained about now, half a year later.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

Many weapons will get a rework on ammo consuption/capacity when the Multishot/Serration rework will get ingame, and I think that the Grammacor will be one of those weapons that will get some love by DE, like the Wraith Twin Vipers and the Dex Furis, which right now are capable of firing out all their ammos in less than 3 minutes.

Edited by Redskull94

Many weapons will get a rework on ammo consuption/capacity when the Multishot/Serration rework will get ingame, and I think that the Grammacor will be one of those weapons that will get some love by DE, like the Wraith Twin Vipers and the Dex Furis, which right now are capable of firing out all their ammos in less than 3 minutes.

3 minutes? Okay, alright, let me just run the math real quick and tell you how far off that assumption is.

Dex Furis will consume all its ammo in approximately 21,5 seconds

Wraith Twin Vipers will consume all its ammo in approximately 18,4 seconds.

Back then, the Brakk was the only secondary that could pass 20k burst DPS, while the standard was around 9-13k damage.

Then Gammacor rolls along with roughly 15k burst, which was pretty big at the time, and THEN the Synoid Gammacor rolls along, with half the fire-rate and quadruple damage of the already good normal one! Meaning you could use fire-rate mods and get up to 50k burst DPS, without even having slightly bad ammo efficiency.

That, and the syndicate blasts, AND the fact that it was TRADEABLE, made it very broken. The nerf was completely justified, and I can't believe this is being complained about now, half a year later.

15K? Wut? With maxed mods? Crit on a noncrit build? The brakk is a frickin handshotgun so you had in fact adequate aoe as well.

Let me repeat this: it wasn't O.P. at ANY point.

15K? Wut? With maxed mods? Crit on a noncrit build? The brakk is a frickin handshotgun so you had in fact adequate aoe as well.

Let me repeat this: it wasn't O.P. at ANY point.

Your funny, you call for nerfs on things like SP for mag, yet you refuse to see how a secondary thats more ammo efficient, with a higher damage output then a ton of primary should be nerfed. IT was OP, it did to much damage, it should have been nerfed and it deserves to stay nerfed.

Your funny, you call for nerfs on things like SP for mag, yet you refuse to see how a secondary thats more ammo efficient, with a higher damage output then a ton of primary should be nerfed. IT was OP, it did to much damage, it should have been nerfed and it deserves to stay nerfed.

Did it do percentual damage?... did i miss something?

I ask again, compared to what? Mid to early game primarys? Suprise suprise. Anything that was even CLOSE to a usefull endgame weapon outnumbered it BY FAR.

What was it then? The status? The minor aoe?

what is your problem synoid deserved this nerf so be it .

Thing is, it didn't. There was not a single reason for a nerf aside from the community calling nerfs for half-assed reasons. Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Did it do percentual damage?... did i miss something?

I ask again, compared to what? Mid to early game primarys? Suprise suprise. Anything that was even CLOSE to a usefull endgame weapon outnumbered it BY FAR.

What was it then? The status? The minor aoe? There was not a single reason for a nerf.

Thing is, it didn't. There was not a single reason for a nerf aside from the community calling nerfs for half-assed reasons.

Are you kidding, its a secondary, its not suppose to be able to compete with endgame level primary's yet it did. It was able to hit hard, fast and continue hitting with close to and over 50k sustained dps. THAT IS OP for a secondary. You call nerfs for things you dont like then buffs for things you love rofl.

Are you kidding, its a secondary, its not suppose to be able to compete with endgame level primary's yet it did. It was able to hit hard, fast and continue hitting with close to and over 50k sustained dps. THAT IS OP for a secondary. You call nerfs for things you dont like then buffs for things you love rofl.

Brakk? Vaykor marelok? Angstrum? But the synoid was the thing that broke the logic?

And i'd love to see you getting these numbers without blindly turning cyrcles in the middle of a crowd. You could call nerfs on all beam weapon for the same reason.

It did NOT deserve the nerf and it should at the very least be buffed again.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Brakk? Vaykor marelok? Angstrum? But the synoid was the thing that broke the logic?

And i'd love to see you getting these numbers without blindly turning cyrcles in the middle of a crowd. You could call nerfs on all beam weapon for the same reason.

It did NOT deserve the nerf and it should at the very least be buffed again.

It very much desreved the nerf, they all have their downsides and not a single one of them matched the use and efficiency of the gammacor, your just mad your fav toy got nerfed. The agstrum will kill you, the brakk has fall off, the vaykor does not have nearly as high sustained or, burst. Face it a secondary shouldnt be able to replace your primary the way the syndi gamma did. And personally Im glad they dropped a nerf nuke on it. Sides It still has its broken damage out put. And if you run PPAM on it, theres no down side. All this did is force a mod slot to be not used on damage and nerf damage, hell you dont even need PPAM, a regular MAXED AM does just fine.

Angstrum and brakk do tho. And the substained dps you mention is a ideal you only accieve under ideal cyrcumstances.

Like, for example, a full, mindcontrolled wave you fire at with a angstrum. Basicly the same false static that was taken as reason to nerf the gammacor.

Ya know, i'm the last person that gets attached to data. I startet with mag and i'm the first person to call a nerf+(!)rework on her. I'm in for balancing any day but this nerf was just straight bs. The weapon was ruined (yea, not even nerfed or balanced. It is useless as it is now) for no reason whatsoever.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108