Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor -> Buff It !

(XBOX)Dynamix606

Angstrum and brakk do tho. And the substained dps you mention is a ideal you only accieve under ideal cyrcumstances.

Like, for example, a full, mindcontrolled wave you fire at with a angstrum. Basicly the same false static that was taken as reason to nerf the gammacor.

Ya know, i'm the last person that gets attached to data. I startet with mag and i'm the first person to call a nerf+(!)rework on her. I'm in for balancing any day but this nerf was just straight bs. The weapon was ruined (yea, not even nerfed or balanced. It is useless as it is now) for no reason whatsoever.

It isnt useless, it has the same stupid damage numbers just forces you to use one less damage mod. Stop crying. this was a much needed balance change that weapon should not have done nearly that much with 0 negatives. Once again Angstrum can and will kill you, has low magazine size and has low ammo count. Barakk has fall off. These are things that happen, gammcor was to strong with 0 mind you 0 negatives. Plus it boosted engery. On top of this it go so bad that in pugs people were demanding the gammcor. No it needed a nerf. Take it to any high end mission it still S#&$s on everryyyy thing in its path. 

It isnt useless, it has the same stupid damage numbers just forces you to use one less damage mod. Stop crying. this was a much needed balance change that weapon should not have done nearly that much with 0 negatives. Once again Angstrum can and will kill you, has low magazine size and has low ammo count. Barakk has fall off. These are things that happen, gammcor was to strong with 0 mind you 0 negatives. Plus it boosted engery. On top of this it go so bad that in pugs people were demanding the gammcor. No it needed a nerf. Take it to any high end mission it still S#&$s on everryyyy thing in its path.

Beein out of ammo in a minute is FAR from balance. It is effectively breaking a weapon.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Beein out of ammo in a minute is FAR from balance. It is effectively breaking a weapon.

You arent out of ammo in a min if you use the Ammo mutation mod. ITs just like every hard hitting fast fire weapon. IT RUNS out of ammo, thats how you balance the speed and dmg that they deal. Same reason the twin graktas burn ammo and the aksmommatis burn ammo. YOU cannot Have you infinite economy weapon that kills everything. Thats not how the game works. Thats not how it should work.

Synoid should get a second look because no weapon should require the use of a primed mod to get full effectiveness (this is why I consider wraith vipers and dual cestra's are as bad as synoid), this limits a lots of players, which gladly, I'm not one of those, since I can max the mod, but whenever I use my synoid and every low-mid rank player asks me about it I have to tell them to forget about it, because untill they max ppam they won't really get the best out of it and are better off with any other secondary weapon, I agree that synoid deserved a nerf, mainly not in it's damage (damage output it's the same, you can no longer press LMB for half an hour and kill everything) but I think they wen't overboard with the nerf, maybe 4-5x more firerate and 4-5x less damage would've been better.

Synoid should get a second look because no weapon should require the use of a primed mod to get full effectiveness (this is why I consider wraith vipers and dual cestra's are as bad as synoid), this limits a lots of players, which gladly, I'm not one of those, since I can max the mod, but whenever I use my synoid and every low-mid rank player asks me about it I have to tell them to forget about it, because untill they max ppam they won't really get the best out of it and are better off with any other secondary weapon, I agree that synoid deserved a nerf, mainly not in it's damage (damage output it's the same, you can no longer press LMB for half an hour and kill everything) but I think they wen't overboard with the nerf, maybe 4-5x more firerate and 4-5x less damage would've been better.

You dont need max PPAM, you can use regular AM, and effectively just use the weapon as burst fire weapon. Its not dead it still hits like a truck. But its just as you said. You can no loner left click the mouse button and shoot till the end of the time. 

You dont need max PPAM, you can use regular AM, and effectively just use the weapon as burst fire weapon. Its not dead it still hits like a truck. But its just as you said. You can no loner left click the mouse button and shoot till the end of the time. 

If you want to use it to it's full potential you do, Synoid is my favourite weapon in the game, even when it first was released and didn't do S$# I liked it, after the nerf, I had to stop using it, ran out of ammo constantly unless I equipped ammo mutation and took out lethal torrent (great decrease in DPS), so unless you max PPAM you are just better off with any other secondary weapon, it's a continuous beam weapon, those are mainly ammo ineficient, but not to this point (I'm not even complaining for myself, since I never ran out of ammo with it now thanks to Ppam) but I'd like to see synoid work as efficienct with just the normal ammo mutation, this would make it a lot more easier on newer players.

Edited by RazrOutlaw

If you want to use it to it's full potential you do, Synoid is my favourite weapon in the game, even when it first was released and didn't do S$# I liked it, after the nerf, I had to stop using it, ran out of ammo constantly unless I equipped ammo mutation and took out lethal torrent (great decrease in DPS), so unless you max PPAM you are just better off with any other secondary weapon, it's a continuous beam weapon, those are mainly ammo ineficient, but not to this point (I'm not even complaining for myself, since I never ran out of ammo with it now thanks to Ppam) but I'd like to see synoid work as efficienct with just the normal ammo mutation, this would make it a lot more easier on newer players.

The problem here is you still think about max potential as in most dps you can ever get. The whole point of the nerf was to cut that dps. So yes they want you to use it as a burst fire or something else. They want you to not be able to equip as much damage as possible. Its not suppose to be hitting like a truck. Even with out lethal torrent and with PPAM in, it still competes in damage with every other top tier secondary. It still hits harder then the brakk, still carries less risk then the angstrum. Also with a maxed AM you are fine, as long as you dont hold dont and fire continuously burst fire and ammo will neverrrr be an issue. 

The problem here is you still think about max potential as in most dps you can ever get. The whole point of the nerf was to cut that dps. So yes they want you to use it as a burst fire or something else. They want you to not be able to equip as much damage as possible. Its not suppose to be hitting like a truck. Even with out lethal torrent and with PPAM in, it still competes in damage with every other top tier secondary. It still hits harder then the brakk, still carries less risk then the angstrum. Also with a maxed AM you are fine, as long as you dont hold dont and fire continuously burst fire and ammo will neverrrr be an issue. 

http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Synoid_Gammacor/t_30_22203030_193-1-5-195-4-5-202-7-5-204-0-10-206-2-5-209-6-5-210-3-5-263-5-3_204-7-193-6-206-6-210-9-195-6-263-7-209-6-202-11/en/3-0-55 normal build without primed mods and with lethal torrent vs http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Brakk/t_30_22223030_193-1-5-195-4-5-202-6-5-204-0-10-206-2-5-209-5-5-211-3-5-222-7-5_204-7-193-6-206-6-211-5-195-6-209-11-202-6-222-9/en/3-0-4 brakk normal build without primed mods, after playtesting the synoid a LOT (seriously, I don't even use other secondary's anymore, I just max them for fun and leave them in the arsenal), believe me, even burstfiring with only the normal ammo mutation you would ran out of ammo quickly, that's why I stopped using it, and started to forma all other secondary weapons in a desperate attempt to find something as good as synoid, the only answer I found was to max out ppam, no other secondary fitted my playstile (quite fond of atomos, aksomati, brakk and telos akbolto though), I'm talking about max potential in most DPS with the lesser ammo consumption.

http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Synoid_Gammacor/t_30_22203030_193-1-5-195-4-5-202-7-5-204-0-10-206-2-5-209-6-5-210-3-5-263-5-3_204-7-193-6-206-6-210-9-195-6-263-7-209-6-202-11/en/3-0-55 normal build without primed mods and with lethal torrent vs http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Brakk/t_30_22223030_193-1-5-195-4-5-202-6-5-204-0-10-206-2-5-209-5-5-211-3-5-222-7-5_204-7-193-6-206-6-211-5-195-6-209-11-202-6-222-9/en/3-0-4 brakk normal build without primed mods, after playtesting the synoid a LOT (seriously, I don't even use other secondary's anymore, I just max them for fun and leave them in the arsenal), believe me, even burstfiring with only the normal ammo mutation you would ran out of ammo quickly, that's why I stopped using it, and started to forma all other secondary weapons in a desperate attempt to find something as good as synoid, the only answer I found was to max out ppam, no other secondary fitted my playstile (quite fond of atomos, aksomati, brakk and telos akbolto though), I'm talking about max potential in most DPS with the lesser ammo consumption.

What your saying is I require a secondary that can hit harder than my primary. I must have it and I refuse to admit that, a secondary that powerful is game breaking. The brakk has fall off. The ammo consumption is the penalty, I do just fine with a regular ammo mutation mod, I dont care to forma the syndi so much that i can equip the primed version. And I know your talking about max DPS, thats why im saying its time to get over what you think the max dps is. Its called a nerf its not suppouse to have tank game breaking dps with out drawbacks, for Brakk its fall off. For you its cry for ammo. Not like the syndi doesnt have other amazing things going for it, ala free aoe damage, energy boost. Quit crying its still powerful, 21k in sustained, barley behind the Brakks sustained. Please its a great weapon still. Just dont point and click maybe idk use other weapons.

Did it do percentual damage?... did i miss something?

I ask again, compared to what? Mid to early game primarys? Suprise suprise. Anything that was even CLOSE to a usefull endgame weapon outnumbered it BY FAR.

What was it then? The status? The minor aoe?Thing is, it didn't. There was not a single reason for a nerf aside from the community calling nerfs for half-assed reasons.

You clearly dont know how to mod. The synoid gammacor before the nerf did so much dmg that it wasnt even needed to use a primary and the ammo consumption was VERY low . now with the nerf it deserved its okay and not op .

BTW its never going to be buffed again , maybe a machanical change but not a buff in anyway.

btw you could mod it for a sustaind 100k dps

What your saying is I require a secondary that can hit harder than my primary. I must have it and I refuse to admit that, a secondary that powerful is game breaking. The brakk has fall off. The ammo consumption is the penalty, I do just fine with a regular ammo mutation mod, I dont care to forma the syndi so much that i can equip the primed version. And I know your talking about max DPS, thats why im saying its time to get over what you think the max dps is. Its called a nerf its not suppouse to have tank game breaking dps with out drawbacks, for Brakk its fall off. For you its cry for ammo. Not like the syndi doesnt have other amazing things going for it, ala free aoe damage, energy boost. Quit crying its still powerful, 21k in sustained, barley behind the Brakks sustained. Please its a great weapon still. Just dont point and click maybe idk use other weapons.

The brakk has falloff, and synoid's got limited range, the problem with synoid, the weapon is not nerfed in damage department, only in ammo consumption, you only get nerfed in dps if you take out lethal torrent to deal with the intense ammo consumption, I consider it more of a change than a nerf.

Please stop telling me to quit crying, since I am not, I use the synoid gammacor a lot and it still is my favourite weapon in the game, I'm fine with how it works, and I never run out of ammo, since I have a maxed out primed pistol ammo mutation, but that's just me/us that have it, if you wanna be like that and say screw the rest of the players, max the mod if you want to take full advantage of this weapon, then so be it.

Also, 21k in sustained assuming you NEVER ran out of ammo.

Edited by RazrOutlaw

The brakk has falloff, and synoid's got limited range, the problem with synoid, the weapon is not nerfed in damage department, only in ammo consumption, you only get nerfed in dps if you take out lethal torrent to deal with the intense ammo consumption, I consider it more of a change than a nerf.

Please stop telling me to quit crying, since I am not, I use the synoid gammacor a lot and it still is my favourite weapon in the game, I'm fine with how it works, and I never run out of ammo, since I have a maxed out primed pistol ammo mutation, but that's just me/us that have it, if you wanna be like that and say screw the rest of the players, max the mod if you want to take full advantage of this weapon, then so be it.

Also, 21k in sustained assuming you NEVER ran out of ammo.

The thing is, its still a powerful weapon. and it is a nerf since they force you to remove a "mandatory mod" to make it useable. Its about changing how players use it and what they put on it.

i still feel 40 * 9 is a more appropriate Damage and Rate of Fire. 28 * 15 does more Damage, but 40 * 9 is more than enough and is much more controllable.

however, i wonder if the Explosion could manufacture some Ammo, as that would be an interesting way to give it a bit more Ammo to compensate back a bit to make it a little less insane.

while the Weapon can perform fine as is, i recognize that the Weapon it was previously, was very Ammunition Efficient, and now it is tied for the lowest Ammunition Efficiency in the game(of Weapons with good performance) with Wraith Vipers.

and... it seems appropriate to make it something more like it's original design.

-snip-

previously Synoid Gammacore was complete Powercreep.

if you don't think it was, well, you're wrong.

it had infinite Ammo, and dealt the sort of Damage that Soma achieves with all Headshots just randomly shooting in their general direction. other Weapons at that performance level were not as casually 'point over there and they die' to use, and also didn't reach such instant death sorts of Damage.

plus an Explosion.

(it's not like S.Gammacore is the only example of this though.)

i don't expect everyone to be experienced with numbers, but yelling at the air that the math is wrong isn't the way to go about it.

i still feel 40 * 9 is a more appropriate Damage and Rate of Fire. 28 * 15 does more Damage, but 40 * 9 is more than enough and is much more controllable.

however, i wonder if the Explosion could manufacture some Ammo, as that would be an interesting way to give it a bit more Ammo to compensate back a bit to make it a little less insane.

while the Weapon can perform fine as is, i recognize that the Weapon it was previously, was very Ammunition Efficient, and now it is tied for the lowest Ammunition Efficiency in the game(of Weapons with good performance) with Wraith Vipers.

and... it seems appropriate to make it something more like it's original design.

previously Synoid Gammacore was complete Powercreep.

if you don't think it was, well, you're wrong.

it had infinite Ammo, and dealt the sort of Damage that Soma achieves with all Headshots just randomly shooting in their general direction. other Weapons at that performance level were not as casually 'point over there and they die' to use, and also didn't reach such instant death sorts of Damage.

plus an Explosion.

(it's not like S.Gammacore is the only example of this though.)

i don't expect everyone to be experienced with numbers, but yelling at the air that the math is wrong isn't the way to go about it.

What else should you call wrong math? Right math under certain conditions? Welcome to reality pal.

The current state of synoid gammacor is even affecting companion usage (forcing players to use carrier because of how ammo hungry the weapon is) I really don't think scalling the fire rate back from 7.5x more to 4/5x and adjust it's damage acording to this would hurt, It wouldn't be the game breaking weapon it was, but It'll be more viable in endless missions aswell as for newer players who only have normal ammo mutation/ don't want to use or don't own carrier.

You are all making it sound like Synoid Gammacor has it the worst of all weapons.

Look at Wraith Twin vipers with 25 base fire rate and 210 max ammo. Look at Twin Grakatas with 40 base fire rate (not 20 as it is displayed). In comparison with those, Gammacor's 15 fire rate and large ammo capacity looks pretty generous to me.

It did, though. And extra ammo to boot. How much do you get out of it now? I doubt it's a low number.

The only way to even play the "50k" dps was basicly by abusing the beam mechanic. Touch=1. Hit.

Nothing to do with any other aspect of the weapon. And they simply killed the weapon instead of fixing this bug.

You definitly do not allways have 20 enemys lined up for you to pull the beam along, less the luxury to do so.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

DE has a very funny way of "balancing" things as I've noticed over the time I was playing.

They don't nerf the combat stats, they nearly ALWAYS nerf useability which essentially makes stuff not weaker directly but simply painful and obnoxious to use. And to be honest I am really tired of it.

- Launchers seem OP? Make them have next to no ammo.

- S.Gammacor has OP DPS? Why nerf damage when you can make it eat ALL the ammo?

- Vulklok performs too well? Why nerf damage or crit or anything when you can make it miss all the time? Or just make it fire once every 7 seconds.

So on and so forth. The result is that most of the "re-balanced" (read: ruined) weapons and gear just go straight to the trash because adapting to such changes is often more trouble than picking a simpler trusted tool like Vaykor Marelok.

Edited by EvilChaosKnight

The only way to even play the "50k" dps was basicly by abusing the beam mechanic. Touch=1. Hit.

Nothing to do with any other aspect of the weapon. And they simply killed the weapon instead of fixing this bug.

You know the meaning of DPS, don't you? Damage per second. Even though all you had to do was touch an enemy with the beam to apply 50k damage, that's still 50k damage per second when using it normally. And 50k DPS is something that not even Primary weapons were close to at the time, and now still there are just a few ones that can touch that level, but those few are much less practical overall.

I don't get why you just refuse to take this in. It was ammo-efficient even with all fire-rate mods on, accurate, with great damage sustainability, syndicate blast, tradeable, and had the highest DPS potential in the entire game, DOUBLE the damage standards of Primaries!

Do all these points just fly over your head?

You know the meaning of DPS, don't you? Damage per second. Even though all you had to do was touch an enemy with the beam to apply 50k damage, that's still 50k damage per second when using it normally. And 50k DPS is something that not even Primary weapons were close to at the time, and now still there are just a few ones that can touch that level, but those few are much less practical overall.

I don't get why you just refuse to take this in. It was ammo-efficient even with all fire-rate mods on, accurate, with great damage sustainability, syndicate blast, tradeable, and had the highest DPS potential in the entire game, DOUBLE the damage standards of Primaries!

Do all these points just fly over your head?

^this, its a great weapon even now, just forced to use an ammo mutation mod. Its a common bloody mod to find and honestly if I was DE I would of nerfed fire rate and DPS make it only do at most 15k and force that ammo mutation in. Its still amazing it still wercks shop. Boo Hoo i need to replace lethal torrent for ammo mutation. Just dontclick fire and ull be good.