Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor -> Buff It !

(XBOX)Dynamix606

You know the meaning of DPS, don't you? Damage per second. Even though all you had to do was touch an enemy with the beam to apply 50k damage, that's still 50k damage per second when using it normally. And 50k DPS is something that not even Primary weapons were close to at the time, and now still there are just a few ones that can touch that level, but those few are much less practical overall.

I don't get why you just refuse to take this in. It was ammo-efficient even with all fire-rate mods on, accurate, with great damage sustainability, syndicate blast, tradeable, and had the highest DPS potential in the entire game, DOUBLE the damage standards of Primaries!

Do all these points just fly over your head?

Dps is the math. Dps is how much dmg should it possibly make per second.

Wanna know what this was? Bugusing. Abuse of a mechanic. Not DPS.

You don't nerf weapons cause of bugs. You FIX bugs. Why would anyone nerf a weapon cause of a bug and then IGNORE the bug?

I get the community that supports bugusing, aiming for the highest somehow possible dps and S#&$ but i have no idea why DE made this step.

The gammacore didn't deserve a nerf. The broken mechanic deserved a fix. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Dps is the math. Dps is how much dmg should it possibly make per second.

Wanna know what this was? Bugusing. Abuse of a mechanic. Not DPS.

You don't nerf weapons cause of bugs. You FIX bugs. Why would anyone nerf a weapon cause of a bug and then IGNORE the bug?

I get the community that supports bugusing, aiming for the highest somehow possible dps and S#&$ but i have no idea why DE made this step.

The gammacore didn't deserve a nerf. The broken mechanic deserved a fix. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh my god, how can you not see this? It was broken, disgustingly overpowered, horribly powercreep even WITHOUT the bug!

You know what, I give up. There's obviously no convincing you, so I won't bother anymore.

Oh my god, how can you not see this? It was broken, disgustingly overpowered, horribly powercreep even WITHOUT the bug!

You know what, I give up. There's obviously no convincing you, so I won't bother anymore.

And for what reason exactly? For the medicore-solid damage? The aoe all syndicate versions share? The ammo efficieny quite a few offhand weapons have? Please, go on. I'd love to hear a actuall reason that justified a nerf aside from false statistics now that we have cleared these up. Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

And for what reason exactly? For the medicore-solid damage? The aoe all syndicate versions share? The ammo efficieny quite a few offhand weapons have? Please, go on. I'd love to hear a actuall reason that justified a nerf aside from false statistics now that we have cleared these up.

I already listed every single issue with it, but you wouldn't have any of it. I'm done with this discussion.

I already listed every single issue with it, but you wouldn't have any of it. I'm done with this discussion.

The main point was the "50k" bug dps and comparing the gammacor to the soma prime tho (~8 bullets/second without speed mod vs 1,8 ticks/second with speed mod. 8vs1 on a similar build...meaning 1/2 the dps at most. OMFG NERF)

Nothing. There is litteraly nothing that justified the nerf. Nothing. At. All. Except for a bug that was ignored in the process and to this very day. Evryone just swallowed this "50k dps" crap without a second thought.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

You are all making it sound like Synoid Gammacor has it the worst of all weapons.

Look at Wraith Twin vipers with 25 base fire rate and 210 max ammo. Look at Twin Grakatas with 40 base fire rate (not 20 as it is displayed). In comparison with those, Gammacor's 15 fire rate and large ammo capacity looks pretty generous to me.

I actually find the twin grakata to be much easier to sustain than the synoid if you have a disciplined trigger finger. Unlike the synoid that consumes ammo while in the middle of extending it's beam, every shot you fire with the twin grakata has a chance of hitting it's mark. And to add insult to injury, the twin grakata has substantially higher burst DPS. With just a lethal torrent, it can crank out over 60k burst DPS on a standard corrosive/fire build. The synoid was only able to dish out 50kish with AA and a gunslinger, which is completely unsustainable now, knocking it's DPS down to the high 20-low 30k region with a standard build.

But again, the worst part is that even good trigger control won't save your synoid, it literally wastes ammo as it extends; no matter what, some of your ammo will never have a chance of hitting it's target. Even if you try to fire it in bursts, you will still waste ammo, while the weapons you mentioned can all be controlled and aimed with enough practice.

Now if you want to talk about what's truly OP... lets take a look at the rakta ballistica. It has a charge shot mode, which deals more body shot damage than the high end crit bows, it has a burst fire mode that deals really high damage per burst and can deal with crowds, it can reach just shyof 58% crit chance with a primed pistol gambit (meaning that if you sacrifice just 1 of your 5 elemental mods from the standard build, you have over a 50% chance to get a flat 50% damage increase per bullet), and the icing on the cake is the viral blight AoE which is the best one out of all of them. I get it, it sucked at first, but how can people call that ridiculous overbuff OK and still call the obviously crippled synoid overpowered?

Edited by Flowen231

Just give up this weapon was in the spot light to long and hitt to hard. Its time to let go of the fact. It was broken, and you know what it was nerfed. but it still does a crapton damge. 30k sustained dps is amazingggg damage. and what do you mean false statistic, its only false because you dont want to accpect them. Everyone else sees them and understand that, that much damage on a secondary is to much. 

Just give up this weapon was in the spot light to long and hitt to hard. Its time to let go of the fact. It was broken, and you know what it was nerfed. but it still does a crapton damge. 30k sustained dps is amazingggg damage. and what do you mean false statistic, its only false because you dont want to accpect them. Everyone else sees them and understand that, that much damage on a secondary is to much.

I explained why it is. It did not have 30-50k dps. The only scenario where this applied was while abusing the beam mechanic. Basicly touch=1.hit. Pulling the beam trough a crowd obviously produces many hits. More then the calculated dps would allow.

That is why it is a false statistic. The mentioned dps is the result of a exploit. Exploit dps=/=real dps. No reason for a nerf. It was a reason for a FIX tho... a fix that on the other side never happened...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

I've seen a "Vaykor Marelok doesn't do nearly as much damage as S.Gammacor". Mate, what are you modding your V.Marelok with? It's almost as "OP" overall as the S.Gammacor was. Not to mention, its syndicate effect is vastly superior. I swear, people and double standards...

Many players don't complain about the nerf itself, because it DID need one. They complain about the HOW that nerf was done. In the most nonsensical and crosseyed way possible.

Also, time to stop using the almighty God DPS to justify kneejerk reactions and botched balance attempts. It's lame, it's old, and it doesn't fool anyone other than the naive.

There are so many more aspects to take into consideration when choosing a weapon, and yet most players just go ape sh!t with the one stat you can easily manipulate. Sheet DPS =/= actual live DPS. Just saying. The so called "calculators" forget many things, such as enemy scaling and innate resistances. Wake up for Lotus' sake.

As for the "use ammo mutation" moronism... Take your bandaid mods and... hum... sorry. I just hate these mods, and I don't understand all those who try so hard to justify their existence.

Edited by Marthrym

I explained why it is. It did not have 30-50k dps. The only scenario where this applied was while abusing the beam mechanic. Basicly touch=1.hit. Pulling the beam trough a crowd obviously produces many hits. More then the calculated dps would allow.

That is why it is a false statistic. The mentioned dps is the result of a exploit. Exploit dps=/=real dps. No reason for a nerf. It was a reason for a FIX tho... a fix that on the other side never happened...

F3wHEDg.png

Regardless of the fact that this is a wholly unoptimal build, this thing is still capable of 50k+ burst DPS. 

The pre-nerf variant had 7.5x less fire rate (and 7.5x the damage) which means it would have had a fire rate of 5. With 150 ammo in a clip and 450 in reserve you could fire constantly for 2 minutes straight without running out of ammo.

Now some of these mods weren't around pre nerf, so if you replace Anemic Agility with Gunslinger and Primed Heated charge with it's normal variant you end up with 44k burst DPS.

The Synoid Gammacor was capable of 40K+ damage per second and could keep firing constantly for up to 2 minutes baring reloads. It was broken.

Hopefully this is proof that it actually did need nerfing which you seem to be trying to refute.

F3wHEDg.png

Regardless of the fact that this is a wholly unoptimal build, this thing is still capable of 50k+ burst DPS.

The pre-nerf variant had 7.5x less fire rate (and 7.5x the damage) which means it would have had a fire rate of 5. With 150 ammo in a clip and 450 in reserve you could fire constantly for 2 minutes straight without running out of ammo.

Now some of these mods weren't around pre nerf, so if you replace Anemic Agility with Gunslinger and Primed Heated charge with it's normal variant you end up with 44k burst DPS.

The Synoid Gammacor was capable of 40K+ damage per second and could keep firing constantly for up to 2 minutes baring reloads. It was broken.

Hopefully this is proof that it actually did need nerfing which you seem to be trying to refute.

Perfect example of a build that is impossible to use. The old firerate was set at 1 with a max dmg placed at somewhere around 10k-25k on a top build. How the hell would you EVER get 50k dps on the original setup without abusing the mechanic?...

But i see why you guys defend it. Sacrifice evry other weapon and you sure get something.

Perfect example of a build that is impossible to use. The old firerate was set at 1 with a max dmg placed at somewhere around 10k-25k on a top build. How the hell would you EVER get 50k dps on the original setup without abusing the mechanic?...

But i see why you guys defend it. Sacrifice evry other weapon and you sure get something.

Incorrect, as I have shown. The nerf was a 7.5x increase in fire rate, and a 7.5x decrease in damage. If you reverse that on the build above you come out with 50k DPS and a fire rate of 5.

So. Again. Pre-Nerf Synoid Gammacor was broken. This is not something that you can argue against.

Perfect example of a build that is impossible to use. The old firerate was set at 1 with a max dmg placed at somewhere around 10k-25k on a top build.

I can absolutely 100% guarantee that it does not deal damage once per second. From what I've seen, a damage number appears to pop off of an enemy about twice per second, even after the nerf. I'm fairly certain that the game adds up the total damage dealt in 0.5 seconds and then deals it all at once, probably to avoid a fountain of damage numbers. 25k damage twice per second is 50k per second.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

F3wHEDg.png

The pre-nerf variant had 7.5x less fire rate (and 7.5x the damage) which means it would have had a fire rate of 5. With 150 ammo in a clip and 450 in reserve you could fire constantly for 2 minutes straight without running out of ammo.

The Synoid Gammacor was capable of 40K+ damage per second and could keep firing constantly for up to 2 minutes baring reloads. It was broken.

Pre nerf synoid only had a 75 round magazine, where did you get 150 from?

EDIT: I #*($%%@ up on the mag size too, talk about irony XD

Edited by Flowen231

Guys I dont want anymore warning points and this thread is really getting on my nerves . Besides this thread is one of 999 other threads regarding the same thing. 

Face it it's not going to happen and this thread is absolutley pointless. And if it were to be buffed it's not fair for it to be only the synoid gammacor.

All other laser type side arms have the same thing and we're only discussing the synoid gammacor . With other words you guys only want this gun back for its fire power and dmg by buffing its ammo consumption . But if this thread was named All laser type weapons need a buff regarding the ammo . Then it was more likely that it would have happend.