Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pressure Point Mod

TheGreatGust

I think this has been said before but I'll say it again, can you please increase the mod to do AT LEAST a little more damage? Please? 7% seems like it just doesn't cut it, especially when you see on other weapons like Rifles or Pistols it goes way higher, like 165%. Even shotgun has it beat by over double at 90% damage. Pressure Point's counterpart, Killing Blow, has got it beat by a huge amount, 150%. Now I realize charge damage does take more time to wind up, I'm not asking for those gigantic values but I'm asking for some kind of increase you know. From 7% maybe to at least 10%? So maybe it maxes out at 60% and not 42%. A slightly more even number.

All I wish to know is if there was an actual reasoning to making it only 7%? Was it overpowered or was it hard to balance? Because I know barely anyone uses regular attacks as compared to charged attacks, and pressure point is used even less because it doesn't affect charge attacks. Some people actually like using normal attacks, so can Pressure Point be showed some love?

Thanks for reading and let me know your opinions and hopefully I'm not crazy for thinking this.

Hopefully this gets some more attention, though it clearly has gotten some in the past thread. I don't know if devs are paying attention to this but it seriously is overlooked it seems. Hope that it at least gets some response from devs or at least notice. Thanks for replies though so far.

At max level it has a whopping 42% damage which makes most melee weapons quite viable. Not to mention that most melee weapons proc multiple advantages like AP and triple damage to certain factions, not to mention stun, knockdown and AoE attacks. Really, with all this I think that a buff of over 50% would make Melee totally overpowered.

At max level it has a whopping 42% damage which makes most melee weapons quite viable. Not to mention that most melee weapons proc multiple advantages like AP and triple damage to certain factions, not to mention stun, knockdown and AoE attacks. Really, with all this I think that a buff of over 50% would make Melee totally overpowered.

What? Is this a joke? This mod is the single worst base damage mod of any weapon type, with rifle/shotgun being twice as good at 15%/rank and pistol even higher. Also as it is, without using heavy attacks (that this mod noteably doesn't affect), the damage of ranged weapons far outstrips the damage of melee by a large margin. At the moment the only reasons to use melee is to fight infested minions, cover you if you get jumped while reloading or my favourite reason; because it's cool.

What? Is this a joke? This mod is the single worst base damage mod of any weapon type, with rifle/shotgun being twice as good at 15%/rank and pistol even higher. Also as it is, without using heavy attacks (that this mod noteably doesn't affect), the damage of ranged weapons far outstrips the damage of melee by a large margin. At the moment the only reasons to use melee is to fight infested minions, cover you if you get jumped while reloading or my favourite reason; because it's cool.

Even then with minions, if you have a large capacity sidearm you might as well use that then get stunlocked by a thousand Runners.

With melee weapons, you forgot other factors that are not statistics as well, you have to get up close and within stagger/stun/knockdown/etc range, and the payoff isn't even greater then ranged weapons. It's a joke.

People will argue that melee weapons have charge attacks, which isn't even good (especially for single target weapons, you're vulnerable to other enemies while you're trying to down that single target), why not just Hek them in the face?

With melee weapons, you forgot other factors that are not statistics as well, you have to get up close and within stagger/stun/knockdown/etc range, and the payoff isn't even greater then ranged weapons. It's a joke.

I think this is one of the most glaring reasons why we need a boost in pressure point. You actually have to be up in the face of enemies, which more often than not, is extremely dangerous. For example, Grineer Heavy Gunner, has a stun move that will destroy you up close, Corpus Shockwave Moa and the Infested Toxic Ancient. Besides that, being up close and personal is just really dangerous in general because of the melee units in the game. What's even more, you actually have to go towards the enemies and charge right in their line of fire. Meleeing is dangerous, but the rewards for it should be satisfying (and it is) but also devastating (it's not always, especially at higher levels). And even so, most people just use charge attack anyway, never normal attack.

Pressure point should be at least 20% per level.  Something people seem to be forgetting is that melee doesn't have anything like Multishot, which is a flat damage multiplier for guns.  They make up for it (slightly) by having no ammo or reload, but really, that's a tradeoff for having to be in super close range.