Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes

Azazel_The_Fallen

I prefer skins that change stats like the old arcane helmets. Why would anyone want a whole separate set of frames to forma and level up grind is beyond me and beyond all sane logic....

Skins plz skins only. Buying more slots and more forma potatoes exilus, formas, etc..... No thanks

I feel umbra excal is fine as you will NEVER get an excal prime access, so consoles etc dont miss a swag version of a much loved frame, founders keep exclusives and China gets its timed exclusive... everyone wins.

Excal aside though it should be either or, ive no idea what umbra even is but a Vaykor Umbra makes a whole lot more sense to me than a Vaykor prime etc. Like the corpus Vandals ot grineer Wraiths it can be the alternative for content to prime and still acquired the same way as eventually everything appealing Tenno tech wise will be primed already whilst much loved stuff like Phage will remain untouched for lore reasons (save maybe Prisma perhaps)

I feel umbra excal is fine as you will NEVER get an excal prime access, so consoles etc dont miss a swag version of a much loved frame, founders keep exclusives and China gets its timed exclusive... everyone wins.

that's not the problem, is actually something ive been waiting for, a replacement (cheap one) for the excalibur prime, but the main issue here, is that DE wants umbra to be something for every single frame, which an stupid, very stupid idea

Understand this as a business man. DE gotta eat and they pay bills this way. First off its just a Game. Second Excal Prime is exclusive to Founders along with there respective Badges and titled node as well. This is there game and we have no choice over there decisions and they make changes all the time. They understand the investment and time people have put into this game not only Founders but the community in general.

Im sure DE wont intend to ruin Founders experience, yet I see most Founders replies here sound quite positive and none have complained so why are you stressing this and You arent a Founder Yourself? I understand the Umbra set sounds a bit over kill and exhausting but maybe this is there marketing strategy to release new variations for china idk but thats DEs problem and Im fine with it

"Gotta eat" isn't an excuse for lazy design, no matter how popular Warframe is, it has a reputation of quality among F2P games, this turns into another freemium clicker game with space ninjas and they'll lose their core audience.

What comes after Umbra Excal Prime?  Prisma Proto Excalibur Umbra Prime?  I'm not opposed to some of the frames getting Umbra versions, but it should be limited to those without Primes in the future.

DE has confirmed the only difference between Umbra Prime and Umbra is the label "prime". So the stats are going to be the same.

Yeah. This is what I heard. I saw the post showing the higher energy. By the people on higher star is not higher stats, in the plural sense. It could have been faked to stir the community, and it has. It needs to be confirmed. And if it is true, I am 99% sure they will just buff Excal Prime.

"Gotta eat" isn't an excuse for lazy design, no matter how popular Warframe is, it has a reputation of quality among F2P games, this turns into another freemium clicker game with space ninjas and they'll lose their core audience.

What comes after Umbra Excal Prime? Prisma Proto Excalibur Umbra Prime? I'm not opposed to some of the frames getting Umbra versions, but it should be limited to those without Primes in the future.

I disagree. DE already pumps out new frames like crazy in a game with complexity that any one could carry there own AAA tittle. With the amount of mastery needed to get to level 30 varient a make sense. Plus some people will just buy the frame, like some people buy anything in this game, and DE needs to take every shot it can at monetizing, BECUASE THE GAME IS FREE.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

Yeah. This is what I heard. I saw the post showing the higher energy. By the people on higher star is not higher stats, in the plural sense. It could have been faked to stir the community, and it has. It needs to be confirmed. And if it is true, I am 99% sure they will just buff Excal Prime.

I disagree. DE already pumps out new frames like crazy in a game with complexity that any one could carry there own AAA tittle. With the amount of mastery needed to get to level 30 varient a make sense. Plus some people will just buy the frame, like some people buy anything in this game, and DE needs to take every shot it can at monetizing, BECUASE THE GAME IS FREE.

Buffing Excal prime to be better than a frame that everyone can get will make this a pay 2 win so highly unlikely.

Plus Prisma Skana is still better than Skana Prime basically proving that founder items aren't meant to be the best in the game all of the time.

I'd be fine with more umbra frames if they stop releasing prime frames, or even discontinue primes altogether by taking them off the drop tables. Anyways, this was just to give something nice to the China market. So why everyone gives such a massive sh!t is beyond me.

I still want them to be side grades to prime. For example w/ Excalibur, Excal prime has less armor, but more energy, while as Umbra is the reverse,

Volt Prime has more energy, Volt Umbra has a higher range, but less energy.

This series of Warframe is a perfect way to make side grades to prime and end the current Prime > All issue.

As a founder I don't have a problem with them releasing the Umbra as a Warframe. I would rather it be a skin, but another Excalibur for the rest of the player base is alright. I will however have a problem with it if it has better stats or equivalent stats compared to Excalibur Prime. If it had more unique stats, I think it would fall into a fair middle ground between founders and the rest of the player base. Maybe an increase to movement speed instead of armor and instead of the Master Swordsman passive, maybe Daggers/Dual Daggers/Scythes.

Another founder here. Excalibur is also my favorite frame since the rework.

I'm all for Umbra! My ONLY concern is that I heard from someone that the excal umbra has better stats than excal prime. If this is the case... that's kind of BS. The Umbra should have equal or lesser stats as the prime (preferably equal so no one feels cheated or cries pay2win) Probably just boost excal prime because as it is now it only has like 25 more armor.

I also hope that when i get the Umbra I can use it's skin on my excal prime. :)

Buffing Excal prime to be better than a frame that everyone can get will make this a pay 2 win so highly unlikely.

Except that excal prime is already better than a frame everyone can get. Also, I was suggesting the buff would put excal prime on par with umbra excal, so really the only controversy remains that now people have a variant of excal prime.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

Why do founders have a problem with Umbra being a little better than Prime? Excal Prime is still exclusive and Umbra is for everyone and not exclusive so it's really not that bad at all that it's better than Prime.

The reason I would have a problem with Umbra being better than Prime is because that would mean our Prime would sit in the closet and collect dust. Excalibur has been my main since closed beta, I have just about every frame but I still have always used Excalibur Prime for high level/difficulty missions even before the rework. Putting my favorite frame in a closet because a new shiny of it is now a direct upgrade, is complete BS, if it is a side-grade I would have no problem at all. I would be frustrated if it had identical stats, because then I'd have two Excalibur's in my inventory that do the exact same thing, instead of having some variation between the two. I would also have a problem if the Umbra was not an upgrade from the standard as well, because it would make it sort of pointless for the rest of the community. As I stated in an earlier post:

As a founder I don't have a problem with them releasing the Umbra as a Warframe. I would rather it be a skin, but another Excalibur for the rest of the player base is alright. I will however have a problem with it if it has better stats or equivalent stats compared to Excalibur Prime. If it had more unique stats, I think it would fall into a fair middle ground between founders and the rest of the player base. Maybe an increase to movement speed instead of armor and instead of the Master Swordsman passive, maybe Daggers/Dual Daggers/Scythes.

The reason I would have a problem with Umbra being better than Prime is because that would mean our Prime would sit in the closet and collect dust. Excalibur has been my main since closed beta, I have just about every frame but I still have always used Excalibur Prime for high level/difficulty missions even before the rework. Putting my favorite frame in a closet because a new shiny of it is now a direct upgrade, is complete BS, if it is a side-grade I would have no problem at all. I would be frustrated if it had identical stats, because then I'd have two Excalibur's in my inventory that do the exact same thing, instead of having some variation between the two. I would also have a problem if the Umbra was not an upgrade from the standard as well, because it would make it sort of pointless for the rest of the community. As I stated in an earlier post:

Another founder here. Excalibur is also my favorite frame since the rework.

I'm all for Umbra! My ONLY concern is that I heard from someone that the excal umbra has better stats than excal prime. If this is the case... that's kind of BS. The Umbra should have equal or lesser stats as the prime (preferably equal so no one feels cheated or cries pay2win) Probably just boost excal prime because as it is now it only has like 25 more armor.

I also hope that when i get the Umbra I can use it's skin on my excal prime. :)

If the reddit pics can be believed, umbra excal has the same armor, and 50 more energy. Before, the new pics, Umbra has less armor and more energy. 

When excal rework happened, excal was buffed, and shortly after, excal prime was buffed. In all likelihood excal prime will be buffed, probably on par with excal umbra. 

If the reddit pics can be believed, umbra excal has the same armor, and 50 more energy. Before, the new pics, Umbra has less armor and more energy. 

When excal rework happened, excal was buffed, and shortly after, excal prime was buffed. In all likelihood excal prime will be buffed, probably on par with excal umbra.

What reason is there to buff Excal Prime to match Umbra besides people being butthurt? Everyone can get Umbra so it's not a problem that he would be better than Prime.

Why buff Excal Prime for just the 300+ players that even still play Warframe to match a new version of the frame that can be obtained by everyone on all platforms? I would understand your reasoning if Excal Umbra was console only but it's not. Edited by (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000

Why buff Excal Prime for just the 300+ players that even still play Warframe to match a new version of the frame that can be obtained by everyone on all platforms? I would understand your reasoning if Excal Umbra was console only but it's not.

Why wouldn't they? We are founders, we supported them in the early stages of the development of Warframe. It wouldn't hurt anyone if they did buff Excalibur Prime. It literally wouldn't hurt anyone if they buffed Excalibur Prime to god tier either, because in pvp he is normalized. I'm not saying I want a godframe, but leaving Excalibur Prime to collect dust because there is a better version is not quite fair to founders.

Why wouldn't they? We are founders, we supported them in the early stages of the development of Warframe. It wouldn't hurt anyone if they did buff Excalibur Prime. It literally wouldn't hurt anyone if they buffed Excalibur Prime to god tier either, because in pvp he is normalized. I'm not saying I want a godframe, but leaving Excalibur Prime to collect dust because there is a better version is not quite fair to founders.

Founder items aren't suppose to be the best in the game which is why DE are making items that surpass the founder items because those items are not available to everyone while Umbra is.

Look you got what you paid for so to ask for a buff for Excal Prime to match a frame that can be OBTAINED by everyone on all platforms is ridiculous.