Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hate, Gram, Or Schindo?

CaveCricket48

Question

So, I've had a Gram for a while that I haven't used much, and I recently picked up a Hate BP from a stalker, and I've heard good things about the Schindo as well.

So, what advantages/disadvantages do these three weapons have when compared to each other? 

11 answers to this question

I have hate, and I absolutely love its normal attack, but between the three I would go with Gram. Hate has a HUGE delay after the charged attack. Animations are sick though, and you can bypass the delay by hitting "r"! (Just a little cancel trick for you!) Make sure your weapon is fully loaded, because canceling into a reload is somewhat less awesome than canceling into a hail of gunfire!

I don't have the Hate (QQ!) but I have the other two at over lvl 20.  Firstly let me say that they are quite similar in many ways.  The Scindo does more damage, the Gram is faster, but when you have speed and multiple damage upgrades on both you won't easily pick the differences.  The Scindo has way more camera shake, slightly larger AOE & slightly more momentum through chain attacks so you get interrupted rarely.  The Gram chains attacks very well and often feels like a smaller weapon due to its increased speed.  Overall I generally go for the Scindo.

Sorry, not very helpful I guess, but when you've got a hot brunette, blonde & redhead you'd be a weirdo if you didn't quite like them all.

Crafted my Hate, and so far, I like it very much. It has that long wind-down, but makes up for that with its short wind-up. The short range is a tad annoying, but with the short wind-up it has, you're a lot more mobile and as long as you can down an enemy in one hit, the wind-down doesn't even matter.

If you're fighting a boss, you're going to be standing up close to them anyways, so seems like every other heavy weapon in that scenario.

Gram is the fastest heavy weapon that hits 200 based charge and it's AOE is good enough, the only other viable choice is the Scindo.

I find the Hate a lot easier to use for just about anything. The Gram feels awkward trying to hit common enemies with both charge and regular attacks since they tend to be moving around, while the Hate's charge attack comes out faster (but of course has that long wind-down that makes it less suitable for charge attack DPS).

I use a potato'd Strun for bosses anyways, so not like I'm missing out on DPS with different melee weapons. Hate feels like a nicely balanced weapon and is fastest enough to almost be a slow Light weapon while still dealing Heavy-weapon damage.

Fraggor FTW!!!

I've used all heavy melee except the Reaper prime and this is my own personal opinion

If i have to use scindo, I rather use Fraggor. Due to smaller screen shake, larger hitting range and aoe jump attack, other than that both are almost similiar. One slices enemy in half, another whack enemies far away like baseball. Scindo x3 against normal infested (overkill IMO), Fraggor armor ignore...

Amphis, Gram and Hate... Honestly, still Fraggor. But its a tie between Hate and Gram.