Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I Legitimately Ask Why Clem Is So Beloved By The Community?

Cloud

It's because he's something that's grown organically from within the community, and then been implemented by DE because they're cool that way.  So we're proud of him and love him.

It all started because if you listen to the Grineer while you're fighting them, sometimes they shout "Get Clem!".   It so happens that "clem" is the Grineer word for "them", but of course to modern ears it sounds like "Clem" is someone the Grineer are trying to get.  So it became a small running joke amongst players.

A fan picked up the ball and ran with it, and imagined Clem as an actual Grineer and gave him a cute backstory.

DE picked up that ball and created the character in the game.

So: it's "our" creation.

Edited by Omnimorph

Its a bit bizarre for people like me, who missed the event.

The forum was ablaze and I couldn't be apart of it.

Its a cool gesture from the team forsure, and if Derf and Prodman gets in too it will be fanservice like I have never seen.

You KNOW they are coming.

They are too awesome not to. My only HOPE is that Prodman is an ally. if he is an enemy?

*shudder*

We are doomed.

I'll be honest and say at first I didn't care much about the idea, and never saw it past as it was - a fun little community joke. When I saw the news about the quest, I was like "Are you bloody kidding me? I really have to babysit a defective Grineer clone?". But then I saw him in game, and ohhhh boy isn't he fun as a companion. (Plus he's earned my first contest win, so I have only good things to say about the little bugger.)

Lotus, take my kubrows. Darvo, take my Sentinels.

Eq9GXdW.jpg

We make a helluva good team.

They have added the quest in to the game now, you can run it once a week (7 day cooldown). So you can still get your Clem!!!

Seriously, why is this such a big thing?

Maybe because it's a fun, cool little thing that went from a community joke and humor to an actual in game thing.

It's cool, it's fun, and different.

In short.....

Clem.

Can someone seriously draw Trinity pregnant with Phorid's baby already?

On a more serious note, I suspect the reason why is because in a game about mass slaughter and countless bodies Clem is the comic relief, someone that despite all the dark and macabre lore of the game still manages to be relatively innocent in people's eyes.

I like him because while he was dealt a bad hand in life, he found something that made him happy and found people to look up to.  The little guy is trying his hardest and is so dang happy to have two Grakata, it's insane.

Can someone seriously draw Trinity pregnant with Phorid's baby already?
-snip-

wat

nu

just

no

Its a cool gesture from the team forsure, and if Derf and Prodman gets in too it will be fanservice like I have never seen.

Which event?

The whole Clem thing is actually a quest you get from Darvo.