Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random Idea While Farming- Platinum For Rankups

Ameretat

Yes yes, I used the dangerous concept. Free platinum.

I actually think I heard a baby cry in the background as I typed that.

But essentially, I was just thinking that aside from epeen, and certain weps, there's not THAT much incentive for getting your mastery up as such (Not that there needs to be as it's a passive byproduct of playing everything the game has to offer, but hey)

Just figured it'd be a cool feature if DE tossed you X platinum per rankup, say..20 a pop, enough for a potato or marshmellow, or some more inventory space, whatever.

Just figured it'd be nice for all the 'Ima play this f2p game f2p' people out there. A'right, sleep time now that's out the way, hf  everyone ^^

Meh... There really would not be a point to get a restricted amount. The way it is right now is perfect.

EDIT: I have had a founders pack for a while now, forgot about the slots :P

Edited by TehMario

Just a marshmallow would be cool, it'd allow people to contribute to dojos without praying to the RNG god.

In fact, there could be increased fixed rewards for each additional level such as:

Level 1: Catalyst

Level 2: 25 plat (enough for a colour pallet if they haven't spent any yet)

Level 3: Reactor

Level 4: Forma

Level 5: Catalyst x2

Level 6: Catalyst and 25 plat

Level 7: Catalyst and Reactor

Level 8: Catalyst and Forma

Level 9: 50 plat

So on and so forth.

It'd give some sense of achievement and reward, a sense of actual progression and a small head start for improving equipment both old and new.

Edited by GraalOhOtonami

Meh... There really would not be a point to get a restricted amount. The way it is right now is perfect.

id disagree, me as a 100% broke person, would never be able to get inventory space(the ONLY thing restricted to paying people)

and just 20-40 platinum would solve that problem. So i, for one, am loving this idea:)

id disagree, me as a 100% broke person, would never be able to get inventory space(the ONLY thing restricted to paying people)

and just 20-40 platinum would solve that problem. So i, for one, am loving this idea:)

but besides loving it for your own personal gain can you objectively see why this may not be a strong idea? 

Not platinum as a reward, IMO - it should be something rare, like a catalyst or reactor or some forma each level. Or some credits or something - there should definately be some kind of reward ( sorry I have no idea how to spell dafinitely. )

Hmm, okay, fair enough. Perhaps not platinum, or perhaps at least, not platinum for every rankup. As suggested above, pre-set rewards for each rank, with perhaps 20 plat being for a landmark, such as 5.

I was mostly thinking of slots, as they are currently the only thing you cannot 'farm for' and it makes sense. To get your rank up, you need to level more items...but without shelling out, your limited to so many.

but besides loving it for your own personal gain can you objectively see why this may not be a strong idea? 

depends on ur standpoint, sure it wont be a 'strong idea' if u direct it towards pure income for DE.

but from people who cant(or wont for that matter) pay, this is a brilliant idea for them to keep playing imo.

specially if u consider that a non paying person will HAVE TO throw weapons away for the sake of otherwise not getting mastery points

Edited by Ammellisan

Maybe, but I think the better way around that would be to make the slots cost creds AND plat. Somthing high like 100k creds for a Warframe slot and 50k for a weapon slot. People would still buy them with plat, but someone who puts a lot of time into the game would still be able to get it. But I agree that it is the one thing that you should be able to get without money.

Or maybe give you slots for mastery ranks. I just think that giving plat to people would be the wrong way to go about it.

Edited by TehMario

depends on ur standpoint, sure it wont be a 'strong idea' if u direct it towards pure income for DE.

but from people who cant(or wont for that matter) pay, this is a brilliant idea for them to keep playing imo.

specially if u consider that a non paying person will HAVE TO throw weapons away for the sake of otherwise not getting mastery points

I am a paying customer. I have sold many weapons to make room for new or just after making my mastery rank off of the item. Witha given platinum welcoming you to the game is a nice gesture, though not always understood what a useful tool it really is and getting wasted. There is no shame or downside in selling items you will not be using, and if you use multi weapons (like me, different load out for different issues) it is not so hard to say yea, ill pay 5 bucks to a game I have spend 300+ hrs in since U7.

Maybe, but I think the better way around that would be to make the slots cost creds AND plat. Somthing high like 100k creds for a Warframe slot and 50k for a weapon slot. People would still buy them with plat, but someone who puts a lot of time into the game would still be able to get it. But I agree that it is the one thing that you should be able to get without money.

Or maybe give you slots for mastery ranks. I just think that giving plat to people would be the wrong way to go about it.

that also sounds like a brilliant idea