Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Selling Plat For Bit Corns/psn $ Or Anything

(PSN)mmcareen

So I know this is against warframe rules but I have seen this happening more and more.  Kinda wondering the general view on this.  Can't go 10 minutes on Ps4 without seeing someone selling plat for a psn card, and I even seen someone post on the warframe facebook page that DE should give him plat instead off a booster and a exlius adapter because it cost him bit coins. He said he was going to sell his kubrow for plat which he then turns around and sells for bit coins.   So  its not only limited to console because i'm sure it happens on xbox as well as PC.

I have said it to people i know who does it and all they say DE created this economy to be like this.  Then turn around and talk about how good this game is.

I love this game, I hope it last a long time but I can't see people selling a 1000 plat for 20 dollars or whatever they sell it for helping too much, if you add up all the people who are doing it (there is a lot more then you may thing) helping DE too much.  I have heard someone say they have made just over a 100 of this game, including what they actually spent when they first started, and I heard another say his make well over 500.  Thats a llittle bit out of money out of DEs pocket, and thats only 2 people.

I usually don't mind what other people are doing, but I really love this game, hope it last for years, but I also know that it is only going to last as long as DE is making money of it, and people like this are not helping.

So i'm just wondering what all you guys are think about it?  I'm I completely wrong about this or am I just missing something?

It doesn't sound really logical to forbid people from using their own money to trade for other things outside the game. Platinum's value is real money, real currency. If people wish to trade a certain amount of their platinum for lets say a 6 dollar game on PSN, how would it be a bad thing? DE wouldn't be responsible for a scam in that case though, but they could perhaps ban the person if there was any proof. But that's something I am not really sure about. DE's support is really good at handling these issues though IMO.

Edited by Contiguous

general view?

it's against the EULA Agreement / ToS Contract. period.

but Developers aren't the Alphabet Soup, they can't just barge down the doors of the Black Market Trading Websites that are out there.

not much you can do then.

and i find it strange to be trading for Bit Coins. mined currency by it's nature, is very volatile. it's perceived value fluctuates wildly, between people mining more of the currency (until the limit is reached, where a shred of stability then comes in), and also the fact that it's not really a backed, officially accepted currency. this causes mined currencies to still fluctuate constantly, because it's an argument over how much this made up thing is worth in our more standard made up things.

and ofcourse, due to not being standard, they cannot be spent in most places currently, which means their value fluctuates even more.

and, businesses generally do not want to start accepting them due to their volatile nature, as they must immediately turn around and sell them in order to get the value they think they're getting - ironically this makes them even more volatile.

Edited by taiiat

It doesn't sound really logical to forbid people from using their own money to trade for other things outside the game. Platinum's value is real money, real currency. If people wish to trade a certain amount of their platinum for lets say a 6 dollar game on PSN, how would it be a bad thing? DE wouldn't be responsible for a scam in that case though, but they could perhaps ban the person if there was any proof. But that's something I am not really sure about. DE's support is really good at handling these issues though IMO.

DE could be held accountable for somethkng anyway because Plat is their currency. Trading for stuff outside the game with plat and getting scammed for it falls back into DEs lap in the end. And since they can't really help anyone when that happens they just outlaw it altogether.

I mean, legally and economically thats the best way to approach it without much fallout

DE could be held accountable for somethkng anyway because Plat is their currency. Trading for stuff outside the game with plat and getting scammed for it falls back into DEs lap in the end. And since they can't really help anyone when that happens they just outlaw it altogether.

I mean, legally and economically thats the best way to approach it without much fallout

You make a good point there, but I still believe that the user themselves should be responsible over their own money.

Always hated times people have to be responsible for others stupid...

Dude, why the hell would you post this under the warframe forums right where the DEV's can see it? There are other websites where you could potentially do that trade though.

I guess you didn't even read OP's post.

And AFAIK, DE knows about the "Black Market", dunno what kind of action they are taking but I'd assume they ban the people they find out and move on.

I guess you didn't even read OP's post.

And AFAIK, DE knows about the "Black Market", dunno what kind of action they are taking but I'd assume they ban the people they find out and move on.

They do.

Forums that support these kinds of activities have their share of players who aren't trustworthy, so it's pretty common to see ppl who got scammed or outright banned from the game after doing these transactions.

Yes, DE also checks these forums.

Even if your trade was done without DE knowing it, the ppl who sell these kinds of services often do it constantly, once DE find out what happens, they will likely revert all warframe trades and ban the accounts involved (may take months, but they will get you), the only person that wins is always the seller who already has the $, that can't be reverted.

So in the end you end up with no $ and the account is banned.

There are some pretty stupid ppl outthere who don't care about having the account banned, but that's something no one can help.

You make a good point there, but I still believe that the user themselves should be responsible over their own money.

It's not their money though. As in any game, the accounts, currencies and items all belong to the owners of the game, not the players. This is in every single EULA agreement. Whether you used time or money to acquire these things, legally they are never your's. Therefore, they're not for the playerbase to use in any way the actual owners don't allow. So in this case, DE owns all of your platinum and items - it's not your's to sell.

Why wouldn't I post it here?  DE knows about it, i'm sure enough people have been reported and catch that DE knows it going on, if they didn't they wouldn't have added it to the rules.  I'm sure that rule was added after the game first came out.  I didn't name no names, no screenshots, DE plays on all systems, so me posting here isn't hurting anyone.  I'm also not on any other forums besides this one.  I posted here to find out what other players thinks. 

I have everything in the store, every item, every profile icon, every weapon, there is nothing left for me to get currently.  Tons of plat, so I could easily start selling plat like all these people.  Raid, frost sets, and the fact i'm new loka has been very profitable to me.  Will I ever start selling plat?  No, I have even had people ofter me $20 PSN cards for Frost Sets, I wouldn't take them.  But that's my view point.  All I was doing is looking for other peoples views