Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Crash: Repeatedly Causes Gfx Driver To Crash

ShadeSWG

Looks like the crashes are most frequent on the Nvidia GTX cards....GTX 650Ti here.

I am so GD sick of this crash BS.  Losing all my progress on wave 26 is really starting to &!$$ me off.  I'm just adding myself to the list of people crashing.  I have tried every single step on your little checklist, by the way.  I have tried other workarounds and 'fixes'.

I've only found one way to stop crashing: stop playing.

Same situation for me, and yes I've tried playing without PhysX and turning off DX11, those were about the first two of several dozen things I've tried to complete more than one mission in a night before I get frustrated. 

I managed to get it to run without crashing for about a week or so. What I did was turn off DX11, turn off PhysX, run in borderless fullscreen, and verify the integrity of game cache. It seems everytime there's a crash, theres upwards of 140 files that need to be replaced according to the cache verification. Today I crashed a couple of times for the first time since but it's different now. The game seems like it's still continuing, I can push all the buttons and shoot and hear everything but my pc doesn't show any sign of the game being open. I even got verification from a friend in the game that said he could still see me running around. Maybe it has something to do with the "fix" they released that resets drivers after a crash. This sucks :C

Edited by MDrigz

I managed to get it to run without crashing for about a week or so. What I did was turn off DX11, turn off PhysX, run in borderless fullscreen, and verify the integrity of game cache. It seems everytime there's a crash, theres upwards of 140 files that need to be replaced according to the cache verification. Today I crashed a couple of times for the first time since but it's different now. The game seems like it's still continuing, I can push all the buttons and shoot and hear everything but my pc doesn't show any sign of the game being open. I even got verification from a friend in the game that said he could still see me running around. Maybe it has something to do with the "fix" they released that resets drivers after a crash. This sucks :C

Seems like you and me have the same problem.

I'm getting the same, GTX660. No War-#### given, just taken to the Hardware Failure page. PhysX is turned off. I'll try the suggestions in this thread and see what happens.

EDIT: Just validated game cache in Steam and 135 files need redownloading, a whopping 2.3 gigs worth. Is that the whole game?

EDIT2: After steam fixing the game cache, the launcher had to redownload an update. Surely this should not happen, what gives?

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler

I've found that always verifying the download cache before launching the game seems to fix most crashes.

Scratch that, just crashed two times in just an many games.  Not even worth playing at this point.

Edited by mysoggyknee

This problem has been around for ages now, DE cant fix it, their engine is accessing HW on a layer that sometimes when crashes occur only reseting the computer and reboot will let you continue.

For this game only way of playing it is for me to turn off multi GPU functions and turn it back on when playing other games which to this date are over 50, last list of games being FFXIV which i played over 10hours straight yesterday without any issues what so ever in terms of crashing.

after 130 hours of playing i cba to turn off multi gpu to be able to play without crashing since i also play other games now.

warframe vs 50 other games, sorry nothing at this point will make me belive the error is on my side and i done alot of testing to find out what is really wrong.

losing faith in what for me has been one of the coolest game experiences of 2013

Still happening here.
On the exact map of the event, I guess I will have to wait for the next event alert to improve my time :(

I can still enjoy the game by carefully choosing my maps. Again, if it can help: all maps happening outside are crashing. If it is a mission, I might finish it before the crash, if it is a defense mission, I rarelly reach wave 5. I do not remember any crash on defenses in the spaceship.

Edit: and concerning the check of the cache in steam: it seems that steam only has the major versions, so if there was an update through the game launcher it does not recognize the files and makes you download the old version again. If you want to check the cache, do it from the warframe launcher.

Edit2: followed post from Kadilixr and no crash for 15 min on event!
Edit3: 2nd try, hardware failure at 10 minutes, still no fix :(

Edit4: Grineer WE maps => crash after 20 minutes, that's 2 of the 3 special alerts of this week end that I cannot play correctly :(

Edited by Torreip

well, glad i'm not the only one crashing, when i first got the game i never crashed, now after a few updates i crash often to the point were i just wana stop playing warframe just to not have my screen turn black then turn on again but with chrome open and on the warframe hardware failer page.