Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ultimate Scrub Lord Is Here!... Or Is He?...

Artekkor

Hello everyone. Glad to meet you.

This topic was made as two things: as a joke and also as an example of why you should not judge the book by the cover.

I understand that not many people have tendency for doing something like that, because its considered to be stupid, but still since i had some very rare examples of stuff like this happening, i decided to make that topic. Just for the lulz.

Let's get this thing started!

Basically what (theoretically) happens is: i'm joining a random public game looking like this

1TQj9gu.png

Or, in words: classic Scrub King set

Rhino P

Boltor P

Scindo P

(no secondary because i have no use for them... you'll see why)

(sentinels and kubrows are not important because i change them all the time. Also: i don't have a carrier. I just don't)

This is where the fun begins!

On rare occasions people would call you names because they get the wrong idea of who you are and what you do. So i'm going to try to imagine what "scrub" builds and gameplay tactics people think i'm (supposed to be) using and then i will show my actual builds that i use most part of the time (but not all the time, because they change based on my mood / experiments for fun)

What Rhino build (some) people think i'm using:

Maximum power strength

Maximum power efficiency

Iron Skin spam

Arcane Helmet to go fast

But the horrible truth looks like this

ShjNxSh.png

My Crowd Controller / Team Buffer build:

Maximum survivality boost through Redirection, Vitality and Steel Fiber

Rejuvenation, because shields can regenerate, but health can't! Teammates get some too

Handspring, to increase my on-feet time by 10-20%

Increased Duration and Range Roar and Stomps and periodical Rhino Charges into groups of enemies

Iron Skin only for critical situations

Rage so i could counter-act if enemy will press too hard
Quick Thinking as my last line of defense

Also i simply don't have Arcane helmet, but i wouldn't use it anyway.

What Boltor build (some) people think i'm using:

Damage. All of it. Screw everything else. Just damage and death.

What i actually prefer to use (not only on Boltor, but on many other weapons too)

PexLkp4.png

This build is my preparation for incoming Multishot / Mandatory mods situation, just to be ready:

Fast Hands and Rifle Ammo Mutation to compensate a terrible ammo economy that i will have after Multishot change

Also infinite ammo and i hate long reload times (thanks, Obsessive Compulsive Reloading Disorder)

Terminal Velocity, to make my life (and ranged shooting) easier

Stabilizer, because i hate that Parkinson Recoil

Everything else is kinda self-explanatory

Utility. Friggin all of it, Or at least what i could use without loosing too much.

What Scindo build people might think i'm using:

Very high damage

Crits and berserker

...Eh?...

(i can't really imagine much here...)

ibzs56S.png

Ironically enough they're not far from the truth...

Raw damage, a lot of it, but no Spoiled Strike, so i could take at least some kind of advantage on those crits

I can't trust RNG to be in charge of my DPS, so that's why i'm not using berserker

Reach, which is my mandatory mod on all melees, since i want to be sure that my target enemy will get it

Life Strike as the last touch, which in combination with Rage can turn me into a very durable Berserk which won't die without a good fight.

And to be honest: i think i still would prefer Galatine more because i'm into swords, not axes.

But Galatine is not Scrubish enough. Maybe if only primed one... (hint hint)

To clarify: those are my actual "Routine" builds, not just something i came up with just now.

So. How many of you would think that i'm an one big Power Creeping Scrub?

Have anyone ever thought the same about you? And actually said it out loud? (i have at least 2 or 3 occasions when it would happen to me... On one i was mocked by... Saryn?...)

Any interesting thought on the matter / anything else?

Thanks for your attention and have a nice day!

Is there any point to any of this?

Nope, just fun / science. I figured out that General Discussion is the best place to post it because... There is nothing more logically-fitting really.

What did I just read through.

Through my thoughts, as i was slowly loosing my sanity trying to finish this abomination as i was being destructed by many other things... Creating this piece of scrap took me like 3 hours.

My head hurts...

If you're baiting people put on the sweatiest tryhard colors imaginable.

All pink or Red black.

Also I am in agreement that Iron Skin simply gets dropped out of any serious end game Rhino build. Unless you're using its augment to stun groups or something.

Also get rid of the Stabilizer. Recoil in this game is very manageable it's better to learn to live with it than use a mod that takes it out. Of course in PVP recoil mods can be great. PVP has less enemies so accuracy is king and in PVE you can fire basically in any direction and hit something.

Edited by Ziegrif

HOW DARE YOU CLAIM TO BE SCRUB LORD WITHOUT CARRIER PRIME

This is true.

If you're baiting people put on the sweatiest tryhard colors imaginable.

All pink or Red black.

Also I am in agreement that Iron Skin simply gets dropped out of any serious end game Rhino build. Unless you're using its augment to stun groups or something.

Also get rid of the Stabilizer. Recoil in this game is very manageable it's better to learn to live with it than use a mod that takes it out. Of course in PVP recoil mods can be great. PVP has less enemies so accuracy is king and in PVE you can fire basically in any direction and hit something.

Nope.

Use Rubedo skin.

... Why a recoil dampener mod on the Boltor Prime?  Might as well have had intruder installed on the warframe.

I'm convinced this thread is here just as click bait and so the OP can say "I'm different."

I give the OP 3/10.

Maybe you're right about "i'm different" thing.

However: i use recoil reduction on many of my weapons because recoil friggin sucks. I could manage it easily if my game had 60+ fps all the time and not 20-40 that i usually have. This turns any hard recoil into a nightmare for my eyes and brain. I'd rather not use weapon it all if it shakes my screen so hard that i can't concentrate on my target. Tiberon is probably one example which dont need recoil reduction, it's fine by default.

What can i say, for me utility is kinda more important then just direct damage upgrade... Serration + any 90% elemental mod is already enough, that's like x5 of the starting damage.

x10 with multishot installed.

Intruder though... That's like a whole new level of uselessness. I don't even remember the last time a failed to hack something.

I usually prefer to try and play as a supportive Rhino, using Roar to keep teammates buffed, and I don't really use the Boltor Prime that often. (although I do use Carrier P)

but I also don't give a damn if people think it's "Scrubby". in fact, most of them won't admit it, but the people who say that are usually carried by Rhinos, and without them, they'd probably fail their missions.

That was the point actually. I'm not trying to be a scrub, i'm actually a hardcore tryhard. I've been "IRON SKIN ALL THE TIME" scrub once, until i realized how useless this skill is after enemy hit level 40 mark. Now i'm just having tons of fun by buffing my team and crowd controlling.

I often would just use Roar for my teammates and just back off to let them to do the work, if they so desire. I just finish survivors that they overlooked and left behind.

NOBODY WILL ESCAPE THAT SHIP ALIVE.

I usually prefer to try and play as a supportive Rhino, using Roar to keep teammates buffed, and I don't really use the Boltor Prime that often. (although I do use Carrier P)

but I also don't give a damn if people think it's "Scrubby". in fact, most of them won't admit it, but the people who say that are usually carried by Rhinos, and without them, they'd probably fail their missions.

This couldn't be any more accurate. The one that paid attention to me once was, in fact, a Saryn on Draco.

You know the ones: that kill everyone by press of 4.

Not judging though, that's a lot of EXP, and i need it badly (same goes for PM Mesas)