Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Abilities Affect Surroundings?

Fraxien

I'm really not sure as of how to start this, and it's probably not original and other people most likely have said something like this before but I was thinking that DE could make it so certain abilities affect certain parts of landscape. Like if Frost cast Freeze on water, it would freeze the water and any enemies standing in it. Same for Volt, he could use Shock on water, and it would deal damage and put an electricity proc on all enemies standing in water...?

I'll list some warframes and what they could do.

Frost: Freeze will "freeze" water and any enemies standing in it. Will deal half of Freeze's normal damage to sort of balance it out.

Bonus: Could also be used on Hydroid's Undertow? Will make all enemies be frozen when it is toggled off if Frost had used freeze on it at some point?

Volt: Shock, when used on water, will apply an electricity proc and stun all enemies standing in it. As with Frost, half damage to sort of balance it.

Bonus: Could also be used on metal? Since it would be overpowered to just stun all enemies in the map if it was on a corpus mission or something, it would be in a slightly large radius, the stun lasting for a shorter duration the farther away they are from the epicenter? also as i said, could be used in conjunction with Hydroid's undertow.

Hydroid: Since the previous two have been mostly about water and such, I feel it would be rude to leave out Hydroid. When standing in water, pressing some button (undecided) will put him underwater for a set amount of time? Too overpowered? Let me know please? 

----------------------

Have any more ideas for ways that certain frames could affect their surroundings? If so, please leave a comment!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯