Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is the Burston so Hated?

Volt_Cruelerz

I've read a lot of generally negative feedback about the Burston, but I'm curious why. When I'm playing with it at rank 30 and with 68% multishot, 73% multishot, 17% damage, 24% piercing, and 78% ammo, I really struggle to understand what the problem is. I've noticed that generally speaking, my TTK is significantly lower than that of my allies. One tap is enough to down a Hades Crewman if I headshot (which isn't uncommon). Sure, I can't just hold LMB like Gorgon users, but idk.. I feel like I'm killing things faster with it than my allies are with their various weapons.

I know not everyone likes burst weapons. My first real experience that got me to love them was in Battlefront II when I got legendary with Frenzy and unlocked the Elite Rifle. One burst could kill any unit except for maybe a Wookie (I don't remember exactly). Since then, I've grown to love them and that's why I picked up the Burston in this game over the Braton and why I never actually switched to Gorgon.

I also know it doesn't have the best accuracy, but it does fantastic things for me at short to medium-long range (the vast majority of engagements) and I have my Aklatos if I feel like sniping or shooting through cover.

I don't know.. It just seems like a lot of people dismiss the gun for reasons I'm not understanding.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

I've read a lot of generally negative feedback about the Burston, but I'm curious why. When I'm playing with it at rank 30 and with 68% multishot, 73% multishot, 17% damage, 24% piercing, and 78% ammo, I really struggle to understand what the problem is. I've noticed that generally speaking, my TTK is significantly lower than that of my allies. One tap is enough to down a Hades Crewman if I headshot (which isn't uncommon). Sure, I can't just hold LMB like Gorgon users, but idk.. I feel like I'm killing things faster with it than my allies are with their various weapons.

I know not everyone likes burst weapons. My first real experience that got me to love them was in Battlefront II when I got legendary with Frenzy and unlocked the Elite Rifle. One burst could kill any unit except for maybe a Wookie (I don't remember exactly). Since then, I've grown to love them and that's why I picked up the Burston in this game over the Braton and why I never actually switched to Gorgon.

I also know it doesn't have the best accuracy, but it does fantastic things for me at short to medium-long range (the vast majority of engagements) and I have my Aklatos if I feel like sniping or shooting through cover.

I don't know.. It just seems like a lot of people dismiss the gun for reasons I'm not understanding.

I have a 100% multi shot and a 75% multishot for burston and it still doesn't measure up to a gorgon with random mods in terms of overall effectiveness.

Edited by Aggh

Yes, any weapon can be viable with multishot, but only because multishot is bs, until the obvious promised nerf, not because those weapons that are not gorgon are any good.

I like burst weapons as much as the next guy and own a burston but burston is slow, inaccurate, low damage and for some bizzare reason can't be reloaded while sprinting.

Sadly all Burston has going for it is a little accuracy over the Gorgon. If you're good with headshots then really with those mods the two would be much similar but the Gorgon still not only does more damage but has better sustain for wrecking bosses and keeping their shields down. Burston needs a buff, maybe in base damage and some crit.

the game is horde based, so automatics will always be better than burst and semi autos. i regret switchting to burston(but it looked so cool), now i'm working onr ank 2 so i can buy the gorgon. besides, the gorgon fits wth the rest of the aesthetics much better. i like the organic/fleshy look, like the tenoo suits.

I love my busrton, and use it in prefernce to my gorgon or any other gun (except my hek, I find they're useful in separate situations to eachother though). Mainly I love it because it's easy to get headshots on greneer and corpus with it, and I love it for bosses too because again against most bosses you can headshot easy with it. Ofc I use my hek for infested, why would you not take a shotgun to fight zombies?

Sadly all Burston has going for it is a little accuracy over the Gorgon. If you're good with headshots then really with those mods the two would be much similar but the Gorgon still not only does more damage but has better sustain for wrecking bosses and keeping their shields down. Burston needs a buff, maybe in base damage and some crit.

Idk.. Honestly, I'd kinda prefer some additional accuracy more than anything else. At least let the first bullet be accurate anyways.. As far as sheer effectiveness though, I suppose raw damage would help more than anything else.. I suppose the cooldown between bursts could go down ~10% or so, but eh..

a) It's not very accurate

b) the actual ROF is fairly low

c) the bullets all seem to have different accuracy ratings (meaning only one from the burst hits the head if you're lucky)

d) it has fairly high overkill (wasted damage to a dead target)

d) the actual damage per shot is not much higher than that of a braton which can outDPS it and which has much less overkill due to the sustained nature of it's ROF

I dropped the Burston early on because the base refire rate was a little too slow, leading to all sorts of discomfort. I'd fire a second burst a second too late, and so I'd no longer be as accurate or as ammo efficient as I can be with the Braton. Also, I went in expecting it to actually have 100 accuracy, but the thing just fired all over the place, making it almost useless at longer ranges, whereas the Braton can still engage fairly well at those longer ranges. It seems a bit silly to me that the Burston doesn't give any real advantage with it's burst-fire, since you can just as easily--and as rapidly--burst fire with a Braton or Gorgon, and more accurately at longer ranges.

If the Burston had full accuracy, with a vertical recoil/scatter pattern, and a shorter refire rate then I'd be all for it.

I think the main problem is that time between consecutive bursts. I also enjoy burstfire weapons in other games, however in other shooters you can rapidly burst the weapon as fast as you can pull the trigger (albeit, lowered accuracy like any other automatic with sustained fire). The main draw is having three well-placed shots with one pull of the trigger to take out enemies without having to control your bursts on a standard automatic. However, if I can do just that with the Braton AND still have the advantages of accuracy and sustained fire, there really is nothing that makes me want to touch a Burston.

And good luck using tat gun when Multishot gets a nerf. I imagine it'll change much of how people have their current guns set up.

the game is horde based, so automatics will always be better than burst and semi autos.

I have to dissagree with this after trying out an upgraded sniper rifle.

One head shot to kill. 7 shots (without any ammo capacity upgrades or a "pro" upgrade)

You can take down 7 enemies in 4 seconds without reloading, then just take cover while you reload.

I imagine this gets even more effective when you use a catalyst on the weapon.

Then again, the weapon also becomes a lot less effective against the corpus.

Their higher numbers mean you'll be spending more time reloading, and they move faster and are smaller targets.

But against the grineer atleast, semi autos can be incredibly effective.

And I don't feel the infested are an issue as in most cases you may aswell just melee them to death anyway unless they are poisonous.

My best weapons (HEK, Strun, Latron and Lex) are all single shot. I prefer them over the automatic weapons, as they run out of ammo too fast and feel like they take longer to take down enemies. The Burston is kinda weird though... it advertises to combining the accuracy of the semis with the fire rate of the autos... but it feels more like it combines the spread of the autos with the lower fire rate of the semis, making it kind of underwhelming. I still use it from time to time, but it feels like one of the weakest primary options.

Because it's advertised as a 'balance between the lethality of machineguns and the accuracy of semi automatics' which might get you the idea it could be a rather accurate gun, when in practice this balance means it's neither accurate nor does it have enough punch co compete with other primaries.

Because it's advertised as a 'balance between the lethality of machineguns and the accuracy of semi automatics' which might get you the idea it could be a rather accurate gun, when in practice this balance means it's neither accurate nor does it have enough punch co compete with other primaries.

Accuracy doesnt mean range. It's not a sniper rifle.

Yes, it certainly is not a sniper rifle... it is also not a great medium or close range weapon when directly compared to the Braton. It's just a bad rifle. It might be a upgrade from the Braton MK.1, but the normal Braton allows me to engage enemies further away while also allowing me to engage enemies that are close faster and with a greater volume of fire. The Burston in it's current form just doesn't do anything that another weapon does not do better.

I'd say give it less kick per fired round to help with accuracy, cause that's something that is realy lacking, even at short range. :(

Yes, it certainly is not a sniper rifle... it is also not a great medium or close range weapon when directly compared to the Braton. It's just a bad rifle. It might be a upgrade from the Braton MK.1, but the normal Braton allows me to engage enemies further away while also allowing me to engage enemies that are close faster and with a greater volume of fire. The Burston in it's current form just doesn't do anything that another weapon does not do better.

I'd say give it less kick per fired round to help with accuracy, cause that's something that is realy lacking, even at short range. :(

The Braton should not be any better than the Burstron at longer range and if it with you.... i dont know how you are shooting with a Burstron.

And for volume of fire, sure, a full auto gun will put out more bullets but while you are spraying every part of the body on full auto with a Batron with a Burstron you can continously hit the area you are aiming at a.k.a do more damage.

The Burstron is made for a specific type of gameplay, every gun in the game shouldn't one-up the next.

I fire my burston, first shot hits, rest goes wild thanks to the heavy recoil. I single-shot or burst-fire my braton depending on range and get every shot on target, cause i can adapt the burst lenght to the engagement lenght. This also allows me to recover faster from the recoil, as i only have to counter the recoil of one or two shots. Therefore, my Braton is the better burst-rifle for me.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong with the Burston... but the Burston can't do anything for me that the Braton can't do... the Braton just feels superior in every way (not counting the reload while running, cause i guess that's just a bug).

Yes, any weapon can be viable with multishot, but only because multishot is bs, until the obvious promised nerf, not because those weapons that are not gorgon are any good.

I like burst weapons as much as the next guy and own a burston but burston is slow, inaccurate, low damage and for some bizzare reason can't be reloaded while sprinting.

Read the post your responding to. Even with a 100% and a 75% mutli shot, it's still not as good as a gorgon.

Read the post your responding to. Even with a 100% and a 75% mutli shot, it's still not as good as a gorgon.

I was referring to this part:

When I'm playing with it at rank 30 and with 68% multishot, 73% multishot, 17% damage, 24% piercing, and 78% ammo, I really struggle to understand what the problem is. I've noticed that generally speaking, my TTK is significantly lower than that of my allies.

I actually agree with you, burston is pants. Even if gorgon would be taken out of game or redesigned to not be so OP, burston would still lose to other primaries.

Edited by havox2

The Braton should not be any better than the Burstron at longer range and if it with you.... i dont know how you are shooting with a Burstron.

And for volume of fire, sure, a full auto gun will put out more bullets but while you are spraying every part of the body on full auto with a Batron with a Burstron you can continously hit the area you are aiming at a.k.a do more damage.

The Burstron is made for a specific type of gameplay, every gun in the game shouldn't one-up the next.

In every way but ammo capacity the type of gameplay the burstron is good for is eclipsed by other weapons, including the sicarus, a secondary weapon.

The burstron needs some work I actually like the gun and would like to see it be somewhat competiative, please don't carry on as if it is not way under par.

And the braton is better than the burston at all ranges, sorry bud.

I do feel like full autos are too accurate in this game. Perhaps if they were brought down a bit, the Burston would have more of a niche to fill?

the other weapons may not need nerfs becuase the burston is weak. It should get a tighter or less random shotspread and lower burst delay imo. buff the weak thing, not nerf everything else.

Edited by AreWeHuman