Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Need To Go Back To School! I'll Educate You.

ClaymoreNo47

Nope it just means either you are reall rich or extremel hawt both of which i cant objectly blame her. Though i will break up with her.

Which also means that you're inadequate?

same thing, dude. You might wanna rethink your opening speech, it gives people opportunity to hit you back with it.

I get your point, but the crux is still the whole exclusivity thing we were promised during the MOA event.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/39923-de-about-the-extermination-operation/

Read post #3 and #10, by steve.

There are more drifting about, but I hope you do understand where I'm coming from.

Logic error cannot compute..... If everyone was absolutely super pretty, according to your logic, the demand goes down for pretty people henseforh devaluing the prettiness of people. You fail to realize not everything is a commercial good and regardless of supply or demand will always be highly valuable.

Actually this has already been proven in Russia. And he is right concerning how economical forces work. Your assertions lack basis in reality.

Best Regards,

If you took Economics, you would realise that by increasing supply while keeping demand constant, the value/price of the item falls.

Only true if there is a market for the item. You can't buy Frost Prime, nor can you sell it to other players.

Otherwise, the value is whatever the person wants to think the value is.

Logic error cannot compute..... If everyone was absolutely super pretty, according to your logic, the demand goes down for pretty people henseforh devaluing the prettiness of people. You fail to realize not everything is a commercial good and regardless of supply or demand will always be highly valuable.

If everyone is absolutely super pretty, then no one is absolutely super pretty. They're just normal looking. Prettiness is a subjective state declared by common opinion.

Your "logic" is bad and you should feel bad.

In this case, Frost Prime IS a commercial good and whatever OoKenEtHoO said does apply.Also he said "increasing supply while keeping demand CONSTANT"

Also, ever wonder why De Beers lock up a huge portion of their diamond instead of selling them?

Actually this has already been proven in Russia. And he is right concerning how economical forces work. Your assertions lack basis in reality.Best Regards,

You and him are absolutely correct. My point was i myself am immune to such a phenominon. If something is cheap, readily available, and extremely good tasting i will never feel ashamed for not eating as expensive foods as rich people.

If originally, there were 10 guys liking one girls who was pretty out of the 10 girls (so basically 9 ugly ones).

The only difference between the 10 girls is the looks.

Now, magically the 9 ugly ones become just as pretty. The supply of pretty girls gone up.

Will the 10 guys still go for that 1 girl who is basically identical to the other 9?

If Economics doesn't work, we can take Stacy Adam's Equity Theory from Psychology then.

By increasing the reward ( From blueprint not available to blueprint available ) while keeping someone's input/effort ( killing of 0 MOAs during the event +whatever else he views as his input ) constant,

there is inequity when compared to the other individual who's reward ( blueprint available ) and input/effort ( killed at least 1 MOA + time spent + whatever the person views as his input ) stays constant.

The ratio of reward/input is now in inequity.

OP's opinion is detached from reality.

no, it's not detached from reality, its just that the whole idea is subjective

Only true if there is a market for the item. You can't buy Frost Prime, nor can you sell it to other players.

Otherwise, the value is whatever the person wants to think the value is.

Supply of Frost Prime was originally perfectly price (value) inelastic which means changing value you willing to pay for it will mean no change to quantity supplied.

It is a vertical supply curve if you plot price/value against quantity.

Seller is DE.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

If Mike owns a frost prime it doesnt mean yours looses value.

Consider, before reading the following, that I am someone who does want Frost Prime to be available to everyone. The issue itself isn't particularly important to me, as I'm more concerned about the availability of Void keys and the frustration that Void rewards seem to cause to many, but I figured I'd say some words on this topic to try to reach an understanding between the multitude of viewpoints.

It is not the Frost Prime itself that loses value, but the effort of those who worked hard for that reward in the Extermination event. Note that I specify those who did put in hours of effort over those who did not. There are folks who simply killed a single Fusion MOA, but I'm not talking about them - it's the folks who put in hours upon hours to fill that meter who likely feel the most slighted by this.

These are the people who worked hard in anticipation of a reward. However, with the release of Update 8, this reward is no longer truly a reward. I know this sounds silly, so allow me to elaborate.

In the case of Frost Prime being released to the public, the 'reward' for participants of the Extermination event would be either of the following: Early access to Frost Prime, or easier access to Frost Prime. However, the Frost Prime is found in the same drop pool as the Frost Prime's parts. With the way the current drop rates are set up, it is quite likely for the person grinding for the parts he needs to obtain the Frost Prime blueprints in the process of trying to get his parts. In other words, this player did not have an easier time getting his parts - in fact, he's seeing people who completely missed the event building the Frost Prime before he can.

This being the case, the issue here is this: Players feel like their effort is now devalued. Exclusivity is only a side issue, as for many, it was likely the lure of exclusivity - DE's promise of exclusivity - that drove them to work so hard. At the core, though, it's a matter of feeling like their time ultimately wasn't worth it. They could have - and likely would have - gotten the Frost Prime without bothering to farm Fusion MOAs at all, with no additional time taken.

Exclusivity was merely the motivation. Some players feel betrayed, yes, because they were driven to put in effort by that supposed exclusivity. But the core of the issue, I feel, is likely the fact that people feel like their effort has been devalued. That 100k credits could easily be earned back in about a single tier 3 Void run. Only the top 100 got the mods.

Of course, these are just my thoughts on the matter, and they don't necessarily reflect the truth. Regardless-

The issue could perhaps be partially resolved by moving Frost Prime parts to a different drop pool, perhaps to tier 2 Void runs while leaving the Prime blueprint on tier 3. What we should be doing here is making it so that the effort (by some) put into the Extermination event still means something. In this case, it means that it's easier for the folks who did put effort into the event to obtain their Prime parts.

I'll end off with this: If they wanted to make it available to everyone, they really should have communicated this. I say this because it would likely have prevented much of the backlash (people calling them liars, etc), though admittedly a good portion of the backlash would simply have moved forward. However, this gives them time to arrive at a suitable compromise to those that would otherwise feel slighted, as well as explaining their decision. (i.e "We are considering releasing the Frost Prime blueprint as a drop in the new Orokin tileset because it has some features that only Prime warframes can access, and we really think everyone should be able to try these features. What do you guys think? We'll give you guys an exclusive Lotus hat to make up for it.")

In all honesty, I do not think that Frost Prime should ever have been a reward for an Extermination event at all, and perhaps been released in this manner in the first place. Gameplay items should avoid being exclusive. However, it is okay for cosmetic items to be exclusive, as a badge of participation. I would suggest future events have purely cosmetic rewards in different tiers for participants, and a global reward unlocked for all players regardless of participation.

As usual, happy to debate points, as I recognise they're not perfect. On a side note, why do I type up an essay for everything in these forums? x_X

Edited by Quetzhal

my only problem with the thing not being exclusive was that it devalues the "prize" from the Fusion Moa event that we had

Cause they could've just done something easier and said heres the prize! TONS OF RESOURCES FOR CLAN DOJO, or some sort of thing like that, if they say exclusive they should mean exclusive, it's also pretty cool to have something as a veteran player (we get rewarded for playing in the beta) down the road

If i own a vandal braton and you suddenly get one too even though you werent in beta, it doesnt mean ill love and enjoy my braton any less.

You meant Lato Vandal, right? Braton was for everyone who played during open beta event.

Boy, i would be very happy if i had one (Braton). But no, you took one week for a break and BAM! now you cant have what everybody has.

As usual, happy to debate points, as I recognise they're not perfect. On a side note, why do I type up an essay for everything in these forums? x_X

Another sign that's something wrong on the forums (be it the people or the game or both)

Forumframe is a fickle game.

And to everyone, I'll say this now and it's in quotes or whatever that say it better.

You are not special. A human being, though different does not make you better or more than another; an example would be a bag of fruit, you can identify them as individuals, and they may have easily noted features, but they are still that fruit, just like the others in the bag.

We humans have minds and all that weighing us down, as well as self-awareness that essentially screams at you every moment that you are you and you exist. But that's the same for everyone, we are just a bag of fruit of different color and size; the same damn fruit.

You aren't special, it's what you are, what you do, things and concepts that stick in the mind, achievment and actions are what is truly special, the attribution is irrelevant.

Edited by Fjarri

no, it's not detached from reality, its just that the whole idea is subjective

He's arguing that exclusive items do not become less exclusive if you give them to everyone!

How can that be anything but detached from reality? Founder exclusives? Preorder bonuses? Platform exclusive games? Limited edition products? The entire antiques & collectibles industry?

Part of the value of an exclusive item is its exclusivity; 'to the exclusion of others'. It has value precisely because others do not have access to it.

To suggest this is untrue, or 'evil' demonstrates a complete detachment from the realities of market economics.

Out of everything you said, you missed the biggest point, biggest responsibility in your life.

Live up to your word, make no lie.

Don't your teacher or parent tell you: "Don't you ever lie" "Don't you ever make up an excuse"

This. Developers, you have alot to learn.

But hey, with the way things have gone lately this game will be nothing but dead in a few months time.

Edited by Faktum

"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" so let us not allow the other side have grass at all.

Also, the problem about Frost Prime (which seems to be the case here).. It's totally okay that everyone has access to it. What's not okay is that DE claimed it was exclusive while it doesn't seem to be. Company should never lie to its customers.

I'm totally fine with everyone having Frost Prime but I want to be able to trust what the developers say.

Also, the problem about Frost Prime (which seems to be the case here).. It's totally okay that everyone has access to it. What's not okay is that DE claimed it was exclusive while it doesn't seem to be.

This^^^

Honestly, if DE had said,"Congratulations people, by completing this event, you have gotten Frost Prime before the rest who didn't participate."

so many problems would have been solved.

But they HAD to say Frost Prime is exclusive.

Once you tell someone his reward is exclusive, by suddenly making it non-exclusive, you just devalued the reward, not in absolute terms but in real terms.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

This kind of crowd pleasing argumentative style that is devoid of logical integrity is what stupefies the people. It is palateable to the mass that it is instilled with humour, which makes it an excellent device, but most of the time what I found is that only simpler ideas can only be represented this way, which is sad because most simplification ended up discounting a lot of important details on the issue at hand.

All the equation given swerves the value of what is good to only simple one dimensional point of view I don't even want to give you the favour of explaining them line by line.

There are relativistic values in uniqueness in that when a concept becomes common, the uniqueness is gone and is basically a non factor. Can you see this is a step down in quality? Yes your theoretical 'strawberry' does not taste any bitter, but try have some of this handpicked strawberries from the Alps. You think this is more delicious? too bad there's not much of it and so you need to pay more.

I wish I can write this in a more economic, punch-liney manner like you did sir, but it seems that I rather come up with wall of texts rather than compromising the integrity of my point.

Edited by HoLikWong

Ok look. Frost Prime was #*($%%@ up. The parts bps should not have been put into the void missions since anyone who gets one from there but doesn't have the "exclusive frost prime bp" is literally getting crapped on. So DE put the warframe bp in the void missions.

It's too late, imo, to change how they are going to distribute the frost prime. If you want something to make up for the exclusive bp not being exclusive, you can go make a thread and ask in a respectable manner. It's unlikely that DE will take out frost prime from the void drop tables. It's unlikely that they will give compensation to those of you who feel cheated. You got a frost prime without using a void key. That's a win! That's one less key than the number of keys that you'll have to use to get the parts for frost prime. That's one key that you can use for a chance to get one of the 4 parts to reaper prime and latron prime. So by killing at least 1 lvl 1 fusion moa, you save at least one void key searching for the frost prime bp!

Muahahaha

(v*w*)>      t(T.T t)

Edited by Stygi