Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss Fight Suggestion.

Havenbrook

Some friends and I were running the Golem assassination boss today. We noticed, Lotus says "through the millenimum this ship has become infested, blah blah blah". Anyways, the ship looks pretty well kept for a really old and infested ship.

This is where I got thinking about some space games, and aliens and other things. I thought, what if, a infested was so old that he kept getting stronger and stronger. Now, the ship you get on to is so infested, that is almost like going in to a organic ship entirely.

So you are running around killing infested, inside of a infested ship that LOOKS like you are inside of some kind of crazy organism. Then you get to the end and Lotus says "Something is REALLY wrong. The target we are looking for, IS the ship." Then it turns in to a fight.

The mechanics could be 4-6 man fight. Where it has tenticals that grab 2-4 people (the number of people grabbed is random) and the only way to release the grab is to melee a specific soft spot of the ship. Also the ship has posion that it spits at you inside, to keep you moving around.

Every once in a while, the boss should expose a really sweet spot allowing you to do high dmg for 1-2 seconds. But not often enough to make the fight short or boring. I think this would provide for a really intreseting twist and fun boss fight!

4-6 man boss.

4 player Co op game.

Some people like to solo.

Other than that, the idea is good, I personally feel that every infested mission should look more run down. Unless the Disuptors are OCD about cleanliness.

I can't tell you how much I would love this! Something large scale and more strategic than the current "boss" fights. They are what I would call "mini-bosses" than actual BIG bosses.

Some people like to solo.

To be honest, I often solo things myself when I want to play at my own pace, but this is CLEARLY a game suited for a group of people.

Since you guys liked this so much, I would really like it if someone could make a post about it on the design council for me. I will also think about other boss fights that you guys might enjoy since it seems the majority of people posting liked this idea.