Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Environment Variety

DarkOblivion21

The game is great as it is but I think it could be much better if it had more variety in environment that have new environmental hazards for example an alien jungle environment with hazardous plants would be cool. It would also be cool if they could find a way to incorporate zero G into the game not a whole level but perhaps a section of it. Just imagine floating in the air with enemies flying at you. More environments could be added and make sense by simply creating another solar system we could also have lunar stations. Anyways I'd like to hear if anyone agrees with me and has any other ideas for new environments and environmental hazards.

For sure. We don't have one tileset because we think it is enough. It is simply what we have done so far... a new set is coming quite soon!

Steve (or any other dev), will the new tileset(s) have any unique things to them? Kinda like how the glass can break in some rooms?

Personally this is the main thing I hope for the game to improve upon. The lack of level layouts causes the game to become a bit repetative. I think it could be a lot of fun to have more of samurai/ninja theme with crazy sci-fi space temples to wander through.

Personally this is the main thing I hope for the game to improve upon. The lack of level layouts causes the game to become a bit repetative. I think it could be a lot of fun to have more of samurai/ninja theme with crazy sci-fi space temples to wander through.

Let's try to not forget that we're in space fighting against robot dudes and a bunch of cloned humans.

Also... I prefer to see a little variety of stuff with huge quality instead of tons of low quality crap. (Personnal opinion)

If they were to release some new area which looks halfly done or even out of context, I would be disapointed.

While the background is repetitive (with some minor changes like ice, fire, imminent destruction, etc.) can you say that the background is cheap and badly made? I'm pretty sure you can't.

On top of that, they made it to be totally random more or less which means every runs feels different. Once they add the new set, you'll see it as a really new cool thing.

I wonder what the new set will be about... I would be glad to see something like a destroyed or damaged ships interior and debrits around and holes in the walls showing the space. (Would be cool especially with the infected and the marines.) The current set is a "clean interior" set with some added effects once in a while. Having some "old rusty and full of hole" background would be cool for a salvage or a rescue mission. :)

Or even better... Imagine some "outside" fight on the ships' surfaces. (Let's not take the "space gravity" into consideration for now.) Moving in and out (on the surface) of the ship would be quite cool.

Edited by Donoghu

Heck yeah! Runs are fun thanks to the randomization but jungles or caves or underground facilities would most definitely make a fresher experience. And yeah, a dead-spacish zero-g environment would be crazy (just imagine suddenly being pulled out of the ship and having to jet pack yourself back some other way or jump through debree to get there)

I couldn't agree more. A closed beta usually is an advanced production stage and to see only one re-used environment over and over, well it's disturbing.

I was expecting like one gametype or one planet or a series of maybe 4-8 missions max with the same theme, but right now... I feel like the whole game is played in the same randomized level. It makes the game feel much smaller than it is and once you saw 3 randomly generated levels, we get it.

It's a great idea to use randomly generated maps or at least re-used rooms that are organized differently for each level, but what I found disappointing is that the room themselves are nearly identical. There is one by example with a vent that leads to a small isolated room. Well, everytime I enter in that room, I know 100% that the vent will be there. It would really nice if each room had multiple variations as well.

How many people are currently working on Warframe?

Edited by DeftGrinders