Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do I Hear Shield?

Zantestsuken

Why don't put a slightly weaker melee weapon with a shield on the other hand. It will give meaning to the "block" button, wich I binded with Q for reason of mymousedoesnthavea4thbutton.

Shouldn't there be such a weapon? Hell! Even Grineer owns some shields.

Block is useful, not OP, but useful.

I for example, tend to block alot, the amount of damage decreased for my personal numbers, were about 30% of the damage, but slightly based on chance, since you can block only an average number on shots between a certain amount of time (A full clip of grakata would make you be 100% hit for more then half the shots).

And about having a shield, it kinda doesn't blend into "space ninja" thing, but i would like to have one.

Block is useful, not OP, but useful.

I for example, tend to block alot, the amount of damage decreased for my personal numbers, were about 30% of the damage, but slightly based on chance, since you can block only an average number on shots between a certain amount of time (A full clip of grakata would make you be 100% hit for more then half the shots).

And about having a shield, it kinda doesn't blend into "space ninja" thing, but i would like to have one.

Sorry to disagree, but Vauban doesn't seems ninjaish to me. Since asking for a medieval-like frame is really unecessary, this seems a good way to try new things.

i would suggest a "battleshield" which is used a a melee weapon with multi-hit but about 60-75 dmg charged and a medium charge speed, and as extra it knocks down enemies with charged attacks and has a high block rate. would seem legit to me^^

Would be nice to see Energy Shield Generators on Tenno's wrists. So the hard-light shield will appear only when you block. Full color customization, neat shape and 1h weapon in the other hand.

10/10 Would craft.

War hammer with shield

30 armor ignoring damage 100 charge dmg speed 1.0 (longsword speed category) but higher charge speed like 1,5x of cronus

Useful but not op, only need to find some interesting function to shield except shield bash as charge attack.

Edited by Davoodoo

Does a massive, two handed hammer?

On topic; I would love to be able to combine any one handed weapon with a shield.

Edited by Tarudizer

I am a bright pink Rhino with three shotguns and an axe. We need to get rid of this "ninja' thing people are obsessed with.

I would love shields. Perhaps it just takes up the entire melee slot and you automatically use it when you have your secondary out? Putting it away when you switch to the primary, of course.

It could just be a little buckler or something alike to the Jackal shields (From Halo) or something like that, maybe even make it throwable like the glaive, or make the charge attack almost like an actual shield charge bash thing.

how about a infested-ish shield that covers you left/right arms who simply grow nearly mansizied while blocking.

on noncharged attacks its just a punch on charged attacks a bash with the shield who knock foes down like the shield lancers do

or a corpus shield  with the same mechanics who just grow while blocking and is "folded" with non-charge attacks?

i mean the glaive has 2 stances aswell

I am a bright pink Rhino with three shotguns and an axe. We need to get rid of this "ninja' thing people are obsessed with.

I would love shields. Perhaps it just takes up the entire melee slot and you automatically use it when you have your secondary out? Putting it away when you switch to the primary, of course.

the thing is that even DE_Steve said that this is a space ninja game. vauban and ash look like samurais to me (even though ash has ninja/stealthish moves) but still... its a sci-fi-ninja game. while i dont care much for shields,  but perhaps make the blocking/parrying a bit better.

Would be nice to see Energy Shield Generators on Tenno's wrists. So the hard-light shield will appear only when you block. Full color customization, neat shape and 1h weapon in the other hand.

10/10 Would craft.

It could be a type of gauntlet. Same animations and everything, just have that energy shield thing pop up when blocking.

God, this ninja ordeal...
Like...Guns don't even make sense for that.

Defense missions don't make sense.

Most of the default frame abilities barely make sense.
And it shouldn't make sense, because of SPACE and FUTURISTIC TECHNOLOGY

Most people don't even know anything about ninjas besides "Am black, am stealth, big katana, nobudy c me"

At best, they're calling it "Space Ninja" to play off of the fact that they know MOST GAMERS will flock to the game purely because of that phrasing, because it SOUNDS SO COOL

/rant

I don't see the problem with shields. 
Makes sense for ninjas who don't enjoy incapacitation and knockdowns.

On that note, I feel like blocking should be by remapped in some way  AND WORKED INTO THE TUTORIAL

(is the number 5 key used by default? Seems like a good spot for it.)

Does anybody have extensive experience with block? Does it help much around infested or...anything at all? Rhoa kicks when your loki Disarms?

I would love shields. Perhaps it just takes up the entire melee slot and you automatically use it when you have your secondary out? Putting it away

when you switch to the primary, of course.

As a Rhino, and a huge fan of tanks in several mmo's, id love to get a 1h + shield as a melee weapon.

Consider it an alternative to to blindly hacking/charge attacking ur way through mobs.

Repeated LMB combo's into shield bashing lightly with ur left arm, 2nd hit would be swinging that 1hander downwards to cut some stuff up, and 3rd would be a 360 pivot which ends as another (bit stronger ) shieldbash.

Charge attack: crouch down slightly,raising again pivoting 360 degrees(whilst raising ur shield above ur head), slamming your shield into the ground, creating fractures in the ground, forcing ground/floortiles to crop up and form a defensive wall of mediumsized height.(which cannot be hid behind, but will reduce/deflect enemy fire, by 30%)

Type: 1hander + shield

Base damage: 40

Base Fire Rate: 1.3

Accuracy: 100

Charge Speed: 1.2 sec + 1 sec to form the wall

Charge Dmg: N/A

Crit: N/A

Crit dmg: N/A

I would sell my soul for something like this.

Edited by AlthaIs

I agree 100% with the addition of shields. If it be an energy shield that spawns or one that the enemies currently use. I would be all over it.

Mods could easily be something as simple as...

- Fire/Ice/Electric infused (Normal attack element-bashing with shield)

- Spike/Energy infused (% damage returned to melee attackers)

- Shield Growth (Shield grows larger, allowing more protection and of allies)

- Iron Stance (Less stamina drained while guarding)

Eh....bout all that comes to mind actually....

This is actually something I've been meaning to stop by the forums and post about for a while. I'd love to see the blocking mechanic explored more with a shield item. I could see this going one of two ways, if not both: as a full shield primary-slot weapon with a high defensive bonus (greater chance to block shots?) that can only be used with one-handed sidearms and melee weapons; or as a buckler melee-slot weapon that sits on your arm, can be used with any primary or sidearm, but has a smaller defensive bonus.

I'd let either be used to bash people.

I would love to be able to combine any one handed weapon with a shield.

As noted above, I agree, and suggest that this should possibly be enforced for reasons of balance.

And if you'll allow me to be ridiculous, how about a "mirror" mod that confers a chance to ricochet blocked shots back towards the enemy?