DE_Adam

Psa: Toggled Abilities And Drain

Someone can explain me Nyx's changes about Chaos please?

From how unclear it is I can only assume it's a direct nerf since you're not allowed to recast Chaos if there's an enemy already afflicted with Chaos.

It's why people built low Duration on her in the first place.

Someone can explain me Nyx's changes about Chaos please?

Nyx's chaos was unable to be recast to boost it's duration again, you had to wait until it ended to cast it again. This caused problems when new enemies came into the area or if you buffed it too high and there was nothing left yet the counter was still going down.

But the flip side is enemies are staggered by chaos being recast.

• Upvote 1

As a point of clarification it is actually Rest and Rage that has had its range doubled.  Mend and Maim is unchanged...with exception that Mend can now heal shields.

Will Mend also have an aura effect to parallel Maim's Slash procs? It needs something for having the ability channeled as we build up enough heal points.

• Upvote 1

Will Mend also have an aura effect to parallel Maim's Slash procs? It needs something for having the ability channeled as we build up enough heal points.

Ah, valid point...I think a passive removal of procs from allies would be in order, and removing procs from allies adds to the heal points?

• Upvote 1

Mesa's already built duration in the first place. This is the dumbest thing I've read all day.

Peacemaker is not effected by duration at all bro.  The only people that bother with duration builds are special snow flakes that like to cry out that mesa's other abilities are good too whenever a peacemaker nerf thread comes up.

Not for people that are using her for leveling stuff and syndicate reputation farms.

But I believe this is one of the core reasons this change is being implemented.

This.

Edited by Aggh

Ah, valid point...I think a passive removal of procs from allies would be in order, and removing procs from allies adds to the heal points?

Not entirely sure that would be a great effect, procs aren't that big of a threat unless they are being stacked by an aura. If it was immunity to procs while inside of Mend's aura that might be ok. However, i really want a slowing effect at a fixed percentage because this would benefit Equinox in healing allies around tons of enemies.

having duration effect power drain is a horrible idea!

i assume this means negative duration will cause an ability to drain MORE energy, this makes fleeting expertise completely useless.....

• Upvote 3

Peacemaker is not effected by duration at all bro.  The only people that bother with duration builds are special snow flakes that like to cry out that mesa's other abilities are good too whenever a peacemaker nerf thread comes up.

This.

What?

She's capped at 150% power strength. Anything more than a TF or a small BR is pointless on her. The rest of the slots are filled with duration and efficiency. The only thing sacrificed on her is Range because nothing scales with Range in the first place outside of SG's stun, which is redundant in of itself.

Shooting Gallery and Shatter Shield both scale with duration. If you for whatever reason needed more damage on your ability that kills anything without reason anyway; Peacemaker, then you cast shooting gallery. Which you'd be casting anyway.

This is as basic as it gets for Mesa. 

Also not once in the post you quoted did I even mention Peacemaker. Learn to read.

Edited by Diarist

What?

She's capped at 150% power strength. Anything more than a TF or a small BR is pointless on her. The rest of the slots are filled with duration and efficiency. The only thing sacrificed on her is Range because nothing scales with Range in the first place outside of SG's stun, which is redundant in of itself.

Shooting Gallery and Shatter Shield both scale with duration. If you for whatever reason needed more damage on your ability that kills anything without reason anyway; Peacemaker, then you cast shooting gallery. Which you'd be casting anyway.

This is as basic as it gets for Mesa. 

How in the world is SG redundant? Seriously, have you used it? It's amazing and when playing solo one of the best protective abilities in game. 

How in the world is SG redundant? Seriously, have you used it? It's amazing and when playing solo one of the best protective abilities in game. 

Because a close range stun on something meant to buff long range weapons is redundant, and the range doesn't affect it shuffling to your allies either.

Right though, that's the best protective ability. Not her 3 that gives 95% damage reduction.

Or you know, just not getting hit in the first place.

You don't know what you're talking about, do you? With a duration build, Shatter Shield transforms Mesa's measly 225 shields into a health buffer that matches Rhino's Iron Skin if he has every single Power Strength mod in game. That's her default shields. Give her redirection and that becomes an 11k EHP pool, without even getting into her health. Her survivability sky rockets, and given her damage output and speed it makes her fantastic in solo or when running against actually damaging enemies.

Shooting Gallery, if you build intelligently and not just like a munchkin who thinks "teehee, duration is useless, I'ma just press 4 to win!" then you'll have a 16+ meter disarm field that constantly stuns enemies, stops them in their tracks to give you an easy shot, can blind enemies with augments, and shares the love with teammates.

Also not once in the post you quoted did I even mention Peacemaker. Learn to read.

"Mesa spammers" is common short hand for people that just sit in defense/interception with peacemaker.  That term was in the post you responded to.

You don't know what you're talking about, do you? With a duration build, Shatter Shield transforms Mesa's measly 225 shields into a health buffer that matches Rhino's Iron Skin if he has every single Power Strength mod in game. That's her default shields. Give her redirection and that becomes an 11k EHP pool, without even getting into her health. Her survivability sky rockets, and given her damage output and speed it makes her fantastic in solo or when running against actually damaging enemies.

Shooting Gallery, if you build intelligently and not just like a munchkin who thinks "teehee, duration is useless, I'ma just press 4 to win!" then you'll have a 16+ meter disarm field that constantly stuns enemies, stops them in their tracks to give you an easy shot, can blind enemies with augments, and shares the love with teammates.

Don't get into a discussion if you can't be bothered to check the context.

Farmers don't give a crap about their team mates or wasting energy on survivability.  They just want to hold m1 was long as possible.

Edited by Aggh

Because a close range stun on something meant to buff long range weapons is redundant, and the range doesn't affect it shuffling to your allies either.

Right though, that's the best protective ability. Not her 3 that gives 95% damage reduction.

Or you know, just not getting hit in the first place.

Close range? It's around 15m depending on how you mod, and that's a pretty normal range for you to be shooting in. Are you hiding from your squad and firing at 80m or something? 

You evidently don't appreciate Shatter Shield when you quoted someone saying "oh, duration is useless". 

"Oh, just kill everything". Peacemaker falls off. Hard. You can kill enemies faster with your guns once you hit that point, and it's best to protect yourself with her buffs. And seriously, you people act like Ballistas, scorches, and Nullifer Lankas aren't a thing. You will get shot out of nowhere.

I'm confused.  Why is everyone talking about Equinox's Mend/Main range being changed?  There is nothing in the post about that happening. 

The range change is happening to Pacify/Provoke.  Which really did need a range increase - The base range on that ability was a mere 2.5 meters.  200%+ power range was pretty much a requirement if you wanted to use that ability.

I'm confused.  Why is everyone talking about Equinox's Mend/Main range being changed?  There is nothing in the post about that happening. 

The range change is happening to Pacify/Provoke.  Which really did need a range increase - The base range on that ability was a mere 2.5 meters.  200%+ power range was pretty much a requirement if you wanted to use that ability.

Because initially, and until a few hours ago, the post said Mend/Maim instead. Now it's says Rest and Rage, which aren't Pacify/Provoke, which actually needed a range increase (and Pacify needs more than that, it needs actual changes to how it works).

• Upvote 2

Hydroid can now recast Tempest Barrage and Tentacle Swarm with no cooldown.

Called it ! At least for Tempest Barrage...

...Aaaaand I can't find the feedback thread where I suggested this. Poop. :/

Called it ! At least for Tempest Barrage...

...Aaaaand I can't find the feedback thread where I suggested this. Poop. :/

So this effectively means you can recast both abilities if you don't like where they were placed right?

Which means you can build duration on him now without being punished for the tentacles going somewhere dumb?

Which effectively means we can have our cake and eat it to?

Or am I misunderstanding.

• Upvote 1

So this effectively means you can recast both abilities if you don't like where they were placed right?

It doesn't actually say that it dispels the original cast upon recast, so hopefully you'll be able to create as many tentacle swarms as you can afford. So yes, build away for duration.

• Upvote 1

It doesn't actually say that it dispels the original cast upon recast, so hopefully you'll be able to create as many tentacle swarms as you can afford. So yes, build away for duration.

Well either way at least I won't have to build negative duration on it anymore, and can actually enjoy the tidal wave ability.

• Upvote 2

Well either way at least I won't have to build negative duration on it anymore, and can actually enjoy the tidal wave ability.

Amen to this, 9000%. Building Hydroid with low duration has always upset me because using Tidal Wave becomes the flashiest and most involved way to move 3 inches. If this works how I want I can slap on my Primed Continuity and enjoy all of his powers rather than just one. This is exactly what the theme of this thread's announce changes are supposed to be doing, I suppose. No more building for one power, building for all of them by removing the times we ignore everything else for the ultimate.

I wonder what they're going to do to Miasma in light of this direction. Saryn has the same problem this change is meant to alleviate, except instead of a toggle power hers is burst usage.

Thanks Adam,

It is not yet clear how it will change the meta, but it's good to have well thought annoucements like this to counteract the numerous and depressing endless stream of minor nerfs in the recent months. (*cough*ELECTRICSHIELD*cough*)

I especially love the Hydroid changes that will allow hiw to be used more extensively, and not just in a farming context.

Edited by lukaself

Amen to this, 9000%. Building Hydroid with low duration has always upset me because using Tidal Wave becomes the flashiest and most involved way to move 3 inches. 

Not even 3 inches, pfff.

But yes it's nice. I wonder if it'll change how much he's played at all. His kit's a bit of a mess regardless but who knows. No more having to build negative duration just to make his 1 and 4 bearable.