DE_Adam

Psa: Toggled Abilities And Drain

I have a feeling Hysteria 2.0 will be a toggle-able energy drain skill, this change means that Warcry won't suffer as a result of trying to optimize efficiency on Hysteria woot woot.

• Upvote 1

Hmmm, when I stated reading it I was worried but by the end I was pleased. The listed changes look good, I was never a fan of min maxing.

I have a feeling Hysteria 2.0 will be a toggle-able energy drain skill, this change means that Warcry won't suffer as a result of trying to optimize efficiency on Hysteria woot woot.

They already said it will be.

Looking forward to these changes though I noticed Effigy wasn't mentioned. will it also count with duration mods?

It's a toggle, so yes.

Edited by Vargras

• Drain-Per-Second and other adjustments has been made on the following Toggled Abilities:
    • Ember’s World on Fire now drains 3 Energy and has had its maximum duration removed.

Fuck-Yeah-Tiger-woods-gif.gif

NYX LIIIVVEESSSS

mend and maim doubled range?!? thats pretty op

Edited by Dillon_J
  • Upvote 3

They already said it will be.

They said it was toggle-able, but i didn't hear if they said energy drain or merely you can toggle it off and waste the energy you spent (which would be terrible but not outside the realm of possibility).

• Upvote 1

YEAR OF QUALITY IS FINALLY IN EFFECT!

Happy with all of them, especially Equinox, Ember, and Nyx.

This will free up a mod slot or 2 for Equinox and allow us to actually use her other abilities without having to balance everything.

Ember has needed this change for a long time. She's finally got the love.

And Nyx has needed this for a long time too. She can finally use a duration build without Chaos being a burden!

ALL REJOICE AND PRAISE DE.

Edited by XxCurtennoxX
  • Upvote 3

Wait, so does this mean that Duration now determines energy drain rate instead of Efficiency, or do both have an effect now?

Also, hooray for no cool-downs on Ember and Hydroid! The flame queen and king of the sea may yet stand a chance!

Edited by Paradoxbomb
  • Upvote 5

Finally a nice change!!

Oh wait ...

... Equinox ...

... stahp Equinox ...

... STAHP IT!

But seriously, really nice changes overall.

Wait, so does this mean that Duration now determines energy drain rate instead of Efficiency, or do both have an effect now?

I think they both effect now. Efficiency directly effects how much it costs per tick, duration "increases" the duration between ticks, it's merely going to manifest as reduced cost per tick but the "idea" behind it is that it extends the duration between ticks.

• Upvote 2

• Ember’s World on Fire now drains 3 Energy and has had its maximum duration removed.
    • Nyx’s Chaos no longer has a cooldown, and enemies affected by Chaos cannot be stunned by additional casts.

-DE_Adam

Duration mods no longer affect Ember?

this means i can recast chaos even if there is still alive enemies affected by it?

• Upvote 3

Wait... if positive duration increases efficiency, wouldn't negative duration decrease efficiency?

If so, then wouldn't Fleeting Expertise be meaningless, and Transient Fortitude just be a weaker Blind Rage?

Haaa.... well...

Hey Adam, we got a question that needs an answer!

• Upvote 22

Okay, are these changes coming with the next update or are they already in place? I am also curious as to whether these supercede effeciency modifications or work with effeciency.

• Hydroid can now recast Tempest Barrage and Tentacle Swarm with no cooldown.

Now THAT, is a quality of life buff.

I think they both effect now. Efficiency directly effects how much it costs per tick, duration "increases" the duration between ticks, it's merely going to manifest as reduced cost per tick but the "idea" behind it is that it extends the duration between ticks.

So... if negative duration, the ticks will happen faster going by that logic, so higher energy cost. Transitent Fortitude might be a semi-copy of Blind Rage now.

I will wait and test it. I might finnaly be able to use Effigy without Fleeting Expertise and screw up my other powers.

sounds interesting. i like the tradeoff that will need to be made if you're looking to maximize the stats.

or make more balanced Warframes that are capable of using all of their Tools to good effect, but not maximized effect.

3 DPS / (1 + 1.99 [<- R10 Narrow Minded]) = 1 energy DPS.

you added one twice.

the +1 is because Mods are positive but less than 100%.

either 1 + .99 or just 1.99.

Oh wow, Ember now is a boring frame. Now you don't need to play the game, just jump into a place that the enemy can't reach and farm all the mobs.

A pseudo Mesa was born, another no bring frame was born too. Can't wait for the increase in terrible Ember users that doesn't know what they are doing, but hey! Now the game plays for them! They will also be terrible in team settings, as having decent duration and range makes Ember really good in a well built team, but if we negate duration too low, her best ability won't be useful for the team at all, because the effect will dissipate too fast (which is bad when it's a build with good range, as she will be won't be using energy efficiently).

Ember was good because it required players to be active, now you can drop duration mods, which will in turn easily increase power Strength and other stats to  much higher without any drawbacks, so you can just be inactive and do well. It did need that duration mod factoring into drain cost, it did need around +5 seconds of duration, not no duration at all. Can't wait for Trinity Nerf.

I had my Ember ready for an Exilus slot, not anymore. She won't need it because she won't need to move to do her job, I probably won't actively use her anymore after this change, I don't want the game to play for me after all. I also don't see why to change Mesa's peacemaker to something more active, when you are making an active frame into something passive.

Not to mention that this doesn't fix any of Ember's problems, which actually is how Armor works and the energy drain in WoF which since the change it increased the cost of the ability by a whole lot, Duration was never the problem, and removing it won't solve anything, but it will certainly create a whole new generation of passive Embers that won't do anything but stay hidden and complain about their poor damage while anything that is below 25 minutes of survival will easily melt away without having to press a single key.

Duration making part of energy drain calculation makes sense, but only for abilities that have duration, abilities with no duration shouldn't get that (inb4, they forget to cap the maximum drain per second and no duration penalizes players instead and frames that used no duration. I mean, seriously, if there's no cap some frames will have their synergy broken since they are forced to cope with higher energy costs or lose stats).

But other changes seem good, except that Equinox got a buff on an ability that doesn't really need it as much, her third needs changes and range, not her Ultimate.

Edited by Sorrow0110
  • Upvote 3

Those changes please me.

Got a 50% off voucher when i last logged in, i think imma buy some plat.

That was already confirmed to be happening in the last devstream.

I actually like my nyx's chaos to be low duration, like that its only a stun, and enemies do not kill each other (because there is no xp gain when that happens)

• Upvote 2

So... if negative duration, the ticks will happen faster going by that logic, so higher energy cost. Transitent Fortitude might be a semi-copy of Blind Rage now.

For the purposes of channeled abilities, yes. It still has no negative impact on instant cast abilities with no or infinite duration.  Things like Corpus-Destroyer Mag or SnowGlobe/Damagalanche Frost don't really feel any negative effects of duration loss.

• Upvote 2

•  
    • Nyx’s Chaos no longer has a cooldown, and enemies affected by Chaos cannot be stunned by additional casts.

Is that:

"cannot be stunned by additional casts whilst affected by Chaos"

or

"cannot be stunned by additional casts after Chaos wears off" ?

Edited by LoopStricken
  • Upvote 3