DE_Adam

Psa: Toggled Abilities And Drain

Oh wow, Ember now is a boring frame. Now you don't need to play the game, just jump into a place that the enemy can't reach and farm all the mobs.

A pseudo Mesa was born, another no bring frame was born too. Can't wait for the increase in terrible Ember users that doesn't know what they are doing, but hey! Now the game plays for them!

Ember was good because it required players to be active, now you can drop duration mods, which will in turn easily increase power Strength and other stats to  much higher without any drawbacks, so you can just be inactive and do well. It did need that duration mod factoring into drain cost, it did need around +5 seconds of duration, not no duration at all. Can't wait for Trinity Nerf.

I had my Ember ready for an Exilus slot, not anymore. She won't need it because she won't need to move to do her job, I probably won't actively use her anymore after this change, I don't want the game to play for me after all. I also don't see why to change Mesa's peacemaker to something more active, when you are making an active frame into something passive.

Oh God, so much nonsensical whining.

DE nerf - BAD!

DE buff - BAD!

What a great community!

• Upvote 47

This is so amazing that when I first read it I thought it couldn't be real.

Is that:

"cannot be stunned by additional casts whilst affected by Chaos"

or

"cannot be stunned by additional casts after Chaos wears off" ?

I think it's while affected by chaos, so you can't stunlock them.

Crying about a buff

Are you serious? Why are there always people like you? 

OT: when do these changes go live?

• Upvote 7

So wait....does this mean if I put transient and fleeting on my excal, it will drain faster? Because if I put blind rage on him I need fleeting to counteract the drain?? or do efficiency mods not affect drain?? 

• Upvote 3

So wait....does this mean if I put transient and fleeting on my excal, it will drain faster? Because if I put blind rage on him I need fleeting to counteract the drain?? or do efficiency mods not affect drain?? 

Positive Efficiency means that when the drain ticks, it will tick for less.

Negative Duration will mean the drain ticks more often.

Oh God, so much nonsensical whining.

DE nerf - BAD!

DE buff - BAD!

What a great community!

And your whining is as nonsensical, because I even said that she did need a buff, just not this type of buff.

Not to mention that it's nonsensical when people doesn't even know what the frames can do, which is pretty evident when even people that put Warframe videos on youtube doesn't even know what the hell Ember is, what she can do and what she should do. But hey, now she can hide in a hole and kill things around her and only have to peek once in a while to get energy orbs, hop back into the hole and afk some more, so that means she's good.

• Upvote 2

Erm, that Equinox change really needs to not happen. The range is plenty big enough as it is lol. Maim Equinox is not something that needs buffing XD

• Upvote 5

For the purposes of channeled abilities, yes. It still has no negative impact on instant cast abilities with no or infinite duration.  Things like Corpus-Destroyer Mag or SnowGlobe/Damagalanche Frost don't really feel any negative effects of duration loss.

Have to disagree on the Avalanche bit, remember that enemies not killed by it are frozen solid and have the armor reduced while like that and duration effects it how long they stay frozen.

But lets see how channeled powers will be affected when it hits.

Don't do that to Maim. Holy S#&$e, that'll be an 85m death field.

I'm pretty sure powers have a 50m range cap.

• Upvote 1

Positive Efficiency means that when the drain ticks, it will tick for less.

Negative Duration will mean the drain ticks more often.

So this means excal is essentially getting nerfed?

• Upvote 4

oh for fucks sake, what is with this energy drain fetish? your encouraging trinity energy spam and limbo banish spam, so you will then have to turn around and nerf trinity prime. 

edit: i was just about to self-censor "fucks" but i remembered that self censoring is a bannable offense on the warframe forums, it's better to just say the word e_e)

Edited by superbot34
  • Upvote 6

I actually like my nyx's chaos to be low duration, like that its only a stun, and enemies do not kill each other (because there is no xp gain when that happens)

iirc this was listed as "fixed" in a not-so-long ago hotfix/update. But then again I never tested myself.

I'm pretty sure powers have a 50m range cap.

They no longer do.

• Upvote 1

Ember’s World on Fire now drains 3 Energy and has had its maximum duration removed.

Wait.... only the maximum duration...? There was a cap...? Holy cow, if this means that she had a duration cap and now still works with duration... this is gonna be a flame fest. Literally.

Am I correct to assume that these changes will go live with U17.5? You make it sound like the work is already done, so I will assume they are fully coded/designed and ready to be deployed.

Wait.... only the maximum duration...? There was a cap...? Holy cow, if this means that she had a duration cap and now still works with duration... this is gonna be a flame fest. Literally.

With maxed Prime Flow, max efficiency, no changes to duration and the new drain cost, she will be able to keep her WoF active for 13.9 minutes. And you can then factor that she has no LoS and that there's lots of places that the enemy can't reach or shoot at, if you recast accelerant every 30 seconds you will be able to keep WoF running for 7.7(3) minutes, and that's all possible with multiple power strength mods on.

Yeah, the game will catch on fire.

• Upvote 3

So basically Fleeting Expertise no longer does anything for toggled abilities?

Guess i'll have to put Narrow Minded on my Mesa instead?

Thank goodness i own a maxed primed continuity xD i guess this is primed streamline through the back door

With maxed Prime Flow, max efficiency, no changes to duration and the new drain cost, she will be able to keep her WoF active for 13.9 minutes. And you can then factor that she has no LoS and that there's lots of places that the enemy can't reach or shoot at, if you recast accelerant every 30 seconds you will be able to keep WoF running for 7.7(3) minutes, and that's all possible with multiple power strength mods on.

Yeah, the game will catch on fire.

I thought Adam meant that Ember had a fixed duration cap (like 20 seconds for example) but now properly scales with duration mods. Because it doesn't sound like they actually removed the duration of the skill.

Edited by StratosOmega