DE_Adam

Psa: Toggled Abilities And Drain

• Drain-Per-Second and other adjustments has been made on the following Toggled Abilities:
    • Nyx’s Chaos no longer has a cooldown, and enemies affected by Chaos cannot be stunned by additional casts.
    • Ember’s World on Fire now drains 3 Energy and has had its maximum duration removed.

jfc

And anything bout Chroma's Effigy drain?

Erm, that Equinox change really needs to not happen. The range is plenty big enough as it is lol. Maim Equinox is not something that needs buffing XD

I think DE misinterpreted the issue the community has with equinox/its night form. Also am I the only one who is worrying about how screwy this range will make maims finisher damage? It's split between all enemies in range and if the range is doubled good lord it'll hardly do a thing. 

Guess I'll have to spec for smaller range now. x.x

• Upvote 1

I thought Adam meant that Ember had a fixed duration cap (like 20 seconds for example) but now properly scales with duration mods. Because it doesn't sound like they actually removed the duration of the skill.

Such cap was never mentioned, and if the cap was that high, almost no one would've noticed it and a cap on something that requires you to sacrifice important mods kinda of makes you question, why.

But if it is that, then... Why, what, and I'm sorry.

Edit: Unless the cap is beyond 25 seconds, there's no cap at all. And to go beyond 25 seconds you need Narrow minded and Primed Continuity at max rank (or one or the other if one of them is at R8~9 already).

She's going to bring back all the problems that Viver did, which is sad.

Edited by Sorrow0110

So this means excal is essentially getting nerfed?

Or that you can spec for more duration on blind while making EB more efficient.

• Upvote 3

Ok so while I hyperventilate from both excitement and fear of how OP these changes might end up being and search for a paper bag to breathe into, I have just one question.

Duration mods will now essentially act as an efficiency mod for toggle abilities. Will efficiency mods still also reduce the energy drain/sec, or will they not anymore. If it is the former, I imagine this becoming very OP very quickly. If it's the latter, I can already see this messing up a looooooooot of people's builds, and potentially breaking them to the point where they can never be near as good again using the new system in place.

• Upvote 3

so... is that a hard nerf on fleeting expertise?

can we have primed streamline now?

• Upvote 2

Duration mods will now essentially act as an efficiency mod for toggle abilities. Will efficiency mods still also reduce the energy drain/sec, or will they not anymore.

Positive Efficiency makes the drain ticks take less Energy away.

Positive Duration makes the drain ticks occur less frequently.

• Upvote 1

All these changes look pretty good.

Except... Equinox? I have no idea where that came from, I've already seen Maim spam nuke maps without me getting kills, the range seems plenty big already.

• Upvote 3

So... when is this being implemented and would we be able to get a list of all powers this affects?

Edited by Celetille

Ok so while I hyperventilate from both excitement and fear of how OP these changes might end up being and search for a paper bag to breathe into, I have just one question.

Duration mods will now essentially act as an efficiency mod for toggle abilities. Will efficiency mods still also reduce the energy drain/sec, or will they not anymore. If it is the former, I imagine this becoming very OP very quickly. If it's the latter, I can already see this messing up a looooooooot of people's builds, and potentially breaking them to the point where they can never be near as good again using the new system in place.

I think that DE's idea of balance in this is that by having to retain more duration you have to sacrifice other stats, so you can't get all the str if it's going to kill your efficiency. But then the problem is that it will most likely impact frames that have very little use for duration (probably because the only skill that uses it sucks or still works just fine with less duration) in a negative way.

Some frames aren't OP because they require certain mods that end up toning them down to a balanced state (which is Ember's case), but if they don't have have that limitation they are easily exploitable.

Another problem is when frames doesn't use range at all and use duration and str, which will greatly benefit from this, perhaps too much.

• Drain-Per-Second and other adjustments has been made on the following Toggled Abilities:
    • Nyx’s Chaos

Chaos is toggle now?

All these changes look pretty good.

Except... Equinox? I have no idea where that came from, I've already seen Maim spam nuke maps without me getting kills, the range seems plenty big already.

Edited by AXCrusnik

So that means that negative duration is going to hurt toggle powers? Ouch. If so, this would make fleeting expertise do absolutely nothing for toggle abilities... 

Will power efficiency mods still effect toggles?

Edited by Drazhar14

If negative duration increases energy consumption this is the worst nerf of 2015 so far.

That's what I thought too at first but... I don't think it'll be that bad.

Essentially, it will make Fleeting Expertise worthless. You gain efficiency, but lose duration - which is the same as losing efficiency. However, if you substitute Primed Continuity for Fleeting Expertise, you'll have almost as much efficiency.

Moreover, for frames like Ember, she doesn't have to worry about gutting her Duration just to maintain World on Fire. She can combine Streamline and Primed Continuity to get a cheap World on Fire and have Accelerant and Fireblast with long Durations. 

It will require some testing, but overall, it sounds good to me.

• Upvote 1

Do they? Source?

Did a bit of researching, it seems there IS a hard cap of 50m in targeting, powers that you need to look at the enemy with the reticule for it to work, but seems AoE abilities dont have it, have to see it when I find a max range Equinox in ask her to stand still so I can see the range after the changes hit.

But it seems I mixed the two, I stand corrected.