DE_Adam

Psa: Toggled Abilities And Drain

Counter-intuitive and some frames will be even more of a mess to mod with mandatory duration.

• Upvote 1

sorry for asking this noob question...does this changes already happened or in the next update???

Interesting changes.

Looking forward to trying them out.

Appreciate the information, Adam.

if the range is doubled good lord it'll hardly do a thing. 

maybe that is exactly why they are increasing it. 

Since Chaos will not affect enemies already affected by the ability, I recommend the same is applied to irradiated disarm.

Only the stun he was talking about. The confuse effect is still effective upon recast.

• Upvote 1

Toggled Abilities have slowly made their way across multiple Warframe Abilities, ranging from a continual zone of AoE damage to more passive healing and crowd control for teammates.  Many of these Abilities are fun for a specific style of play but optimizing these Abilities came at a cost.  Using Mods that reduced Duration would often make other abilities worse simply to improve one.

The following adjustments have been made to Abilities that can toggle on or off with the intention of making every Ability more rewarding to use in a wider range of scenarios.  We will continue to monitor the balance of all Toggled Abilities after launch.

• Duration Mods now have an effect on toggled Abilities.
    • For example: Mods that added 100% duration will make a 10 Energy drain become a 5 Energy drain.
  • Drain-Per-Second and other adjustments has been made on the following Toggled Abilities:
    • Chroma’s Spectral Scream now drains 3 Energy.
    • Ember’s World on Fire now drains 3 Energy and has had its maximum duration removed.
    • Equinox’s Mend & Maim has had its base range doubled.
    • Hydroid can now recast Tempest Barrage and Tentacle Swarm with no cooldown.
    • Nyx’s Chaos no longer has a cooldown, and enemies affected by Chaos cannot be stunned by additional casts.

-DE_Adam

....... I love you.

Regarding Efficiency and Duration, will they stack multiplicatively?

Will that take previous efficiency caps lower further?

So, with the counter removed from Chaos, is it a permanent debuff now?

Recast cooldown is gone, not the actual duration per cast. You can spam 3 for Chaos all day long rather than having to wait for it to end before being able to use it again.

Did some testing on Ember and Hydroid.

Ember WoF still has a fixed duration after which it expires...and u cant recast until duration is finished.

This PSA changes nothing about WoF, except possibly the energy drain, which was perfectly manageable with a max efficiency build anyway. 

Is this a bug? Or is this working as intended? What is the meaning of "maximum duration" in this PSA? WTF de.

Hydroid Tempest Barrage and Tentacle Swarm still have a fixed duration...and u cant recast until duration is finished. No change. Sigh.

Is this a bug? What does the PSA mean by "cooldown"? Who cares about a 1.5(?) second cooldown when u need to wait out a 20 sec duration anyway. WTF de. 

This PSA is sooo disappointing. Thanks for raising my hopes DE and then crushing them! 

I haven't tested Chaos yet but im sure its just a another mouthful of suck. 

Edited by bolivianhighcommander

Did some testing on Ember and Hydroid.

Ember WoF still has a fixed duration after which it expires...and u cant recast until duration is finished. No change. Sigh.

Is this a bug? Or is this working as intended? What is the meaning of "maximum duration" in this PSA? WTF de.

Hydroid Tempest Barrage and Tentacle Swarm still have a fixed duration...and u cant recast until duration is finished. No change. Sigh.

Because this changes weren't implemented yet, but will happen, soon.

• Upvote 6

Because this changes weren't implemented yet, but will happen, soon.

Thanks for making this clear. How do you know this btw? Cause i've read through this thread and can't figure out out if this PSA has been implemented or will be soon. 

Thanks for making this clear. How do you know this btw? Cause i've read through this thread and can't figure out out if this PSA has been implemented or will be soon.

Something this big would be mentioned in patch notes. Since no patch notes mention this, it has not been implemented yet.

HOLY OVERBUFF BATMAN!

Hmm... This doesn't affect Nekros.

Oh flippidy...

This'll be interesting.

Fleeting expertise basically became a different mod for burst powers.

Edited by Ziegrif

ok, something bother me....

trmpest barage and tentacle swarm... from when are they toggled abilities?

They aren't, they're just getting QOL changes alongside the duration-toggle change.

Counter-intuitive and some frames will be even more of a mess to mod with mandatory duration.

my thoughts as well, this change seems to being taking into mind far too much individual skills and not them as part of an entire kit. Now a number of frames are basically going to have to mod for two categories just to maintain energy efficiency instead of one. 

• Upvote 3

And what about Fleeting Expertise then ? Can you explain how it affects efficiency on those powers ? Does it cancel itself ?

EDIT: great changes btw thanks for this sneaky QoL update :3

Edited by TrickBox

I might be wrong, but If I understood correctly, Fleeting Expertise won't cancel itself for toggle abilities as many might think. This is what I got from the post:

Based on this information: 

Duration Mods now have an effect on toggled Abilities.

• For example: Mods that added 100% duration will make a 10 Energy drain become a 5 Energy drain.

I think you need "100% Extra duration" (notice the word "Extra") to make energy drain abilities cost you half of what it used to cost, so, if you lose 100% duration, you should lose 50% efficiency instead of 100%. In other words, a rank 4 Fleeting Expertise will give you 50% extra efficiency, at the cost of 50% duration. (-50%) duration can translate to (-25%) efficiency, so Fleeting Expertise will give you +25% efficiency for energy drain abilities.

If I'm correct, this won't make any change to my Range CC Excalibur Build, but will hurt efficiency a little when using exalted blade if I run missions with my power strength build (because of transient fortitude). Glad I don't use the power build too much :)

If someone from DE could confirm how duration mods interact with efficiency, that would be nice.

• Upvote 2

DE, I strongly recommend either making Equinox's mend and maim not affected by power range mods or revert back the range to what it was. Double the base range will only create "cry for nerf" topics on forum.

Nevermind, it was a typo. The change was meant for Rest & Rage.

Edited by Cerberus_Sokol
  • Upvote 2

Primed continuity + Streamline makes better for the toggled abilities - actually makes sence.Though FE - I am sure is absolutely useless here

Like many, I have a question: how will it work Fleeting Expertise on toggleable abilities?

• Upvote 1