DE_Adam

Psa: Toggled Abilities And Drain

Fools!!!!! they laughed when i said hydroid was my main now i shall rain down eternal torment gg suckas ur fps shall die wahahaha so happy that my hydroid can be op now he already controls the map with the two powers that got buffed at least i think its a buff i can have more than one tempest barrage going right?

• Nyx’s Chaos no longer has a cooldown, and enemies affected by Chaos cannot be stunned by additional casts.

This is actually not the fix everyone thinks it is. In fact, this can make Chaos punishing to use: In order to apply the stun effect as often as possible you cannot allow yourself any mistake, like activating the ability before the timer runs out (as the mind-control effect will be refreshed).

Of course, if the stun would run on a separate cooldown things would be different, but it would make it all needlessly complicated.

Current short duration / max efficiency builds are superior to that change.

Edited by Marasago
  • Upvote 2

• Equinox’s Mend & Maim has had its base range doubled.

Oh my God!

Yeah if i got it right i will allow new builds

before yu had to sacrifice burst abilities too improove significantly Toggled abilities

Now you ll be able too choose thx moding

And you have now the window for a Long Burst+Long Toggled build

Maybe we ll see a new Nightmare mod for efficiency like constitution for duration

The real downside will come with Strenght build and Transient fortitude

Building for strength with Transient fortitude will now cost you efficiency for Toggled abilities

making Transient fortitude a real nightmare mod even for toggled abilities

regular mods like Streamline will become way more usefull

-----------------------------------------------------

elemental ward still have 5 meter range while mend and main have doubled range.... WHY ON EARTH

oh yeah cause of narrow minded

Edited by Tsoe
  • Upvote 2

I don't know what to make of this change. I thought Power Efficiency already played a role in that? Does Power Duration replace that now?

I don't know what to make of this change. I thought Power Efficiency already played a role in that? Does Power Duration replace that now?

no they both have effect now allowing more diversity

Well that's interesting. Duration mesa is now even better, and long durations on Nyx will be more useful, especially with the augment where it vanishes after half the duration anyway. Maim will use more power with TF, but you can probably leave overextended off now and make it even more absurd. I guess trinity will be even more useful now if some of these builds use more energy than before.

Duration Mesa was always a thing, you don't need 200+ str to use peacemaker effectively. Ofc, if you only do Draco pure str Mesa would seem like the way to go. Which it isn't. But Draco farmers wouldn't know that.

eh, kinda disliking the choice for double range on equinox. Would have liked more making mend&maim cross-metamorphosis once and for all.

• Upvote 1

Since duration now affects power efficiency, shouldn't power efficiency also affect channeling?

Max power eff got nerfed by this change notably. Because 100% power eff is now  == 75 power eff(25 streamline, 50 from fleeting with a 50 decrease in duration) when it is a toggle ability, with fleeting rather than provide you with a shorter effect it provides you a boost to 2/3 power usage of streamline alone, bringing you from 75% power usage to 50%, which is going to be massively misleading to those that do not know of the duration interaction. 

I personally think that duration on those effects should work like it does on oberon's renewal, decrease duration-condense or expand effectiveness, but keep the cost equal to no duration mod. Renewal  as you decrease duration it increases in time it is active but decreases effectiveness as a buff. A weaker aura, but a longer lasting effect.

Or they could remove the 75% cap and understand the destructiveness of 10 energy 4th abilities in comparison to "overpowered" weapon modifications.

Edited by Deadoon

Need a lot more details on this but I guess I'll find those out on the inevitable Friday release...

I am happy for some of the changes but also feel that some of my frames I invested copious amounts of forma into will yet again need to be reworked. Which is a lot of time and resources again before I could freely say again that I can take any frame needed for a mission.

So, what I'm getting, is that Duration mods will affect energy drain rate, while Efficiency will only affect the initial cost, correct ?

Also, Hydroid has cooldown's ?

Edited by The_Vile_Blade

I don't want to send the world on fire...

Who am I kidding? I want! Eternal flame Ember commencing! (I hope)

I'm really interested in how this change will affect Fleeting Expertise, Obviously Fleeting Expertise will be the go-to for non-Toggle abilities, but how will it work on Toggle abilities. I suppose we'll find out soon. Hopefully I don't need to re-forma too much because of this. xD

• Ember’s World on Fire now drains 3 Energy and has had its maximum duration removed.
    • Equinox’s Mend & Maim has had its base range doubled.

Are you really serious for equinox?  you can already nuke maps with her, i don't understand.

Can someone explain to me why she might need that, i might have miss something here?

And for ember, right before being vaulted? Don't get me wrong, i like the change for her but i guess new players will have to pay more plats now that she will become a thing again.

• Upvote 1

So, what I'm getting, is that Duration mods will affect energy drain rate, while Efficiency will only affect the initial cost, correct ?

Also, Hydroid has cooldown's ?

Hydroids tentacles and barrage are unable to be recast while active, this change allows for artillery spam from hell if you want to.

Ember live, Nyx live, Hydroid live! Hope the duration reduction won't affect efficiency in a bad way tho....

Edt. so will there be some fixed duration for hydro tentacles or can you just reactivate them anytime?

Edited by MalGeffen

• Duration Mods now have an effect on toggled Abilities.
    • For example: Mods that added 100% duration will make a 10 Energy drain become a 5 Energy drain.

And what if mods deduct from duration ? Will the energy drain become more ?

Miam is op as it is and doubling its range will make it just ridiculous with covering whole map with stun/bleed procs.

Mend, on the other hand, is underwhelming and doubling its range won't make it much better. It needs some mechanical changes foremost (like heal allies instantly for damage they deal while inside the aura, or something like that)

Overall, I really appreciate current trend of making duration abilities togglable.