DE_Adam

Psa: Toggled Abilities And Drain

Wait... if positive duration increases efficiency, wouldn't negative duration decrease efficiency?

If so, then wouldn't Fleeting Expertise be meaningless, and Transient Fortitude just be a weaker Blind Rage?

That's why they reduced the upkeep cost, cause she's still awkward to mod.

Edited by BattledOne

DE, I strongly recommend either making Equinox's mend and maim not affected by power range mods or revert back the range to what it was. Double the base range will only create "cry for nerf" topics on forum.

You mean it will create "hosting AFK  Draco/whatever farm need 2 Equinox"  'meta' )

Miam is op as it is and doubling its range will make it just ridiculous with covering whole map with stun/bleed procs.

Mend, on the other hand, is underwhelming and doubling its range won't make it much better. It needs some mechanical changes foremost (like heal allies instantly for damage they deal while inside the aura, or something like that)

Overall, I really appreciate current trend of making duration abilities togglable.

because that would ofc be less op....

Yay.... now I need to completely re-build my Chroma Efficy build..... thanks a lot....

Edit: Just remembered My build uses minimum RANGE, nor duration.... kneejerk reaction, sorry

Edited by Stormandreas

• Equinox’s Pacify & Provoke has had its base range doubled.

Please? Beacuse DE love us? For the name of love?

RIOT?

Are you really serious for equinox?  you can already nuke maps with her, i don't understand.

Can someone explain to me why she might need that, i might have miss something here?

And for ember, right before being vaulted? Don't get me wrong, i like the change for her but i guess new players will have to pay more plats now that she will become a thing again.

the void blow up that is coming might bring her and every vaulted item back

finally equinox will get good basic range curent 18meters raange is pretty nah...cz i am not fun of overextended

And just like that, Ember became a thing again.

...Just in time for her prime variant to get thrown in the trash vault.

GG.

• Upvote 2

Will Efficiency still effect them? 

Wait... if positive duration increases efficiency, wouldn't negative duration decrease efficiency?

If so, then wouldn't Fleeting Expertise be meaningless, and Transient Fortitude just be a weaker Blind Rage?

Positive Efficiency means that when the drain ticks, it will tick for less.

Negative Duration will mean the drain ticks more often.

Now when this change comes, I'm gonna have to explain this so many times to people asking in the clan/alliance v: 

so the goal is maxed p.eff, maxed duration, screw the hp/shield/armor mods cause now we're gonna want more mods >-> 

Edited by Vesiga

Toggled Abilities have slowly made their way across multiple Warframe Abilities, ranging from a continual zone of AoE damage to more passive healing and crowd control for teammates.  Many of these Abilities are fun for a specific style of play but optimizing these Abilities came at a cost.  Using Mods that reduced Duration would often make other abilities worse simply to improve one.

The following adjustments have been made to Abilities that can toggle on or off with the intention of making every Ability more rewarding to use in a wider range of scenarios.  We will continue to monitor the balance of all Toggled Abilities after launch.

• Duration Mods now have an effect on toggled Abilities.
    • For example: Mods that added 100% duration will make a 10 Energy drain become a 5 Energy drain.
  • Drain-Per-Second and other adjustments has been made on the following Toggled Abilities:
    • Chroma’s Spectral Scream now drains 3 Energy.
    • Ember’s World on Fire now drains 3 Energy and has had its maximum duration removed.
    • Equinox’s Mend & Maim has had its base range doubled.
    • Hydroid can now recast Tempest Barrage and Tentacle Swarm with no cooldown.
    • Nyx’s Chaos no longer has a cooldown, and enemies affected by Chaos cannot be stunned by additional casts.

-DE_Adam

YES!! GOD BLESS YOU DE

• Upvote 1

WOO HO! BUFFS EVERYWHERE! THANKS DE <3 Ember will definitely be fun to use now :3 

the void blow up that is coming might bring her and every vaulted item back

Haven't heard anything official about that, but the subject would be a little off topic I am guessing.

Oh great, Equinox is going to become the new miasma Saryn and I'll never stop getting comments about how much of a jerk I am for using Maim to wipe entire maps without blinking.

I was expecting more nerfs as I read topic name. Glad to be wro... wait. So negative duration mods will ADD to the drain? So Transient Fortitude will increase drain soon? What about Fleeting Expertise? How will it even work?

• Upvote 3

I could get behind with buffing mend to double range so you can heal/support better but maim sounds absolute excessive given that with overextended and stretch you can already hit the hole map. Does maim really need 60% more power strength and even more range for 10% higher energy use, given how strong it is and how much it outclasses mend currently?

I am glad you took the normal continuity build on Ember with 60% duration as baseline instead of the primed continuity build so it doesn't make it worse for newer players. Still I don't think, of all the things that could be done with WoF(improve status chance from 35 to 45% base to give newer players a hand or add more hits instead of stronger hits via power strength stacking), removing the timer doesn't really add something, even more so since maim is plain better for 95% of all use cases and even got buffed by a ton with the change.

Edit: Would it be possible to keep duration on WoF, being not affected by duration energy cost changes and just apply the reduction from 5 to 3 energy per second, because this would be actually a improvement similar to what the other ability changes are. Also does this mean energy restores now no longer have a effect on Ember while having WoF active?

Edited by Djego27

• Hydroid can now recast Tempest Barrage and Tentacle Swarm with no cooldown.

FINALLY!!!! Thanks DE!

I wonder if people are actually understanding what they put. All of the abilities they listed that normally just have a duration will have energy drain and no longer have duration. This can be seen as a buff or a nerf, depending on how you look at it. It will be interesting to see them get this right, because im sure there will be problems with it at first.

This is how I see the new toggleable abilities will work. Energy efficiency will only affect the initial cost of the toggleable ability, and duration will affect thw actual energy drain per second. This will change quite a few builds, especially my very low duration equinox build, but im sure it will be interesting to see if its a blessing in disguise.

I'm wondering how this is going to work with Exalted Blade, will have to test things a bit...

I suppose I can get rid of Fleeting Expertise and add some duration mods instead!

Hang on a minute. Since when has Nyx Chaos been a toggled ability?

Edited by Kihana

• Nyx’s Chaos no longer has a cooldown

Thank you

Move over Loki.

Nyx is back.

Guess who's back

Back again

Nyx is back

Tell a friend

But will negative duration make the abilities drain more?