Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Setup

Endrance

Hello to all you, fellow Tenno.

I would like to ask about, a "decent" Frost setup, i intend to potatoe, so the numbers aim for the 60 points.

I was planning going to the "Endure" road, getting a really high Vitality Mod, together with high Stell Fiber Mod and Rejuvenation Artifact, so i would take low damage, having tons of health and having a HoT Artifact. But it it worth it?

Frost isn't properly a squishy.

Or is the points spent on Armor Fiber/Vitality a waste and i should focus more on Redirection and Fast Deflection? Since i got the base 150 it could be suffice to get a decent protection, and together with the 150 base armor, having the usual 300 (normal) hit points wouldn't hurt much.

I intend to use Flow to get extra Energy, since i've picked Frost solely due having Ice spell, and ice is great, bet element in the world xD so i will use all of his spell very very frequently, i don't care if they are worth it or not, but i will use them all.

Back to mods, sorry for the "element approval" thingy, should i use focus for better spell damage? or once again a waste of points?

Since Frost has a D and a - polatiry, i'll most likely put Vitality/Redirection on the D and Flow in the -. Suggestions?

How does Continuity affect my skill, other then Snow Globe? Does Avalanche last longer (The freeze animation) and Freeze aswell?

What about Stretch? It increases range, from all skill? So Freeze, Ice Wave and Avalanche will have a higher range, while Snow Globe would be a bigger globe? (not entirely good though).

Well already alot of questions, so i'll stop it here x.x

Regards

Endrance

my frost(potatoed) is beast like that (can defeat all bosses without getting hit, able to solo void III, suited for assault and def)

''avalanche maxed       --rush maxed                          focus maxed    stretch(ability range) maxed        ''empty

''snow globe maxed     _> redirection (high level)      flow maxed      streamline                                     '' empty (or a low lvl vitality)

i think its beast because you have lots of energy and you can just ult masses of enemies and kill them or protect your team, the range of avalanche at max with range mod is about 20 meters, killing even high level corpus and lower infested, you will sometimes need to ult 2 times for grineer on highest lvls but using snow globen and shooting em is also deadly and costs not much energy,

The only skill you'll really need to focus on is Snowglobe. It's all anyone actually takes Frost for, anything else is a bonus. Continuity is an obvious mod to take. Another useful mod would be Stretch, since it will make your Snowglobe bigger.

Typically, mods spent on health/armour are better spent on shields, what with them regenerating and all. Consider Frosts' decent health and high armour as a bit of insurance, but don't rely on it to do the work for you.

Frost doesn't need Focus. His damaging skills scale poorly into late game, and you won't be using them much, if at all anyway (consider dropping them for space/mod capacity).

Flow is good, but Streamline is better. They work very well together, but if you have to pick one, go with Streamline.

Bigger isn't always better with snow globe.

That was my main though, since you usually want to protected something from the shooting, but if you have a huge globe, there is a chance that your target will be inside the globe, so it will be pointless x.x'

The only skill you'll really need to focus on is Snowglobe. It's all anyone actually takes Frost for, anything else is a bonus. Continuity is an obvious mod to take. Another useful mod would be Stretch, since it will make your Snowglobe bigger.

Typically, mods spent on health/armour are better spent on shields, what with them regenerating and all. Consider Frosts' decent health and high armour as a bit of insurance, but don't rely on it to do the work for you.

Frost doesn't need Focus. His damaging skills scale poorly into late game, and you won't be using them much, if at all anyway (consider dropping them for space/mod capacity).

Flow is good, but Streamline is better. They work very well together, but if you have to pick one, go with Streamline.

problem is that you wont be able to take out large amounts of enemies, espacially corpus or infested with only snowglobe, if you only equip streamline maxed you will only need about 85 energy to cast a skill that costs 100, but if you have focus maxed you have 150% energy, which means you have 7 snowglobe casts or 3 ults. Both togerther are unbeatable. but if you like to have an only-protection frost i suggest to leave the focus be and put in a rage mods, which transforms health damage to energy, so you can snoglobe if you are under heavy pressure(e.g.  being hit by a disruptor). for the future developent i wish they would sake something useful out of snow wave and freeze.

Bigger isn't always better with snow globe.

This is true, and varies depending on what you're fighting and what you intend to do with the globe, what with its dual purposes. As a projectile shield, you'll want smaller, so, as mentioned above, there's less chance of your target getting inside it. To make use of the slowing properties, primarily against close combat fighters like the Infested, a larger globe will be able to affect more enemies at once. If you know what you're going to be going up against, equip yourself accordingly.

problem is that you wont be able to take out large amounts of enemies, espacially corpus or infested with only snowglobe, if you only equip streamline maxed you will only need about 85 energy to cast a skill that costs 100, but if you have focus maxed you have 150% energy, which means you have 7 snowglobe casts or 3 ults. Both togerther are unbeatable.

There's no one arguing that Focus and Streamline aren't incredibly effective together (although I would say that maxing Focus is a waste of mod capacity), but I was just noting that if you could only take one, for whatever reason, Streamline is the better option. Flow is useful for stockpiling energy, but if you're going to be using your powers consistently, Streamline will do the job better, since Flow's bonus is lost once you've begun using up your energy, while Streamline's benefits are maintained throughout.

But definitely take both if you have the space.

W/ potato:

Maxed ice wave

Tier 2 globe

Tier zero Ava

Tier ten shields

Maxed flow

High shield regen

Tier zero vitality

Highish streamline

Low stamina boost

Tier zero freeze/focus

Edited by dukelego