Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Welcome to the Arcade

Sohberson

Before I start I ask you to have mercy on my English.

At this moment Warframe is great piece of action-powered clay which can be turned into various things. Since devs dont expose their plans on incoming changes let me propose on of ways to make Warframe a better game.

First of all the game must be competitive. It have been told that kill-count Leaderboards are just placeholders for something, Leaderboards are fine by itself however counting kills makes this already not so complicated game just dumb. We cant have direct pvp of warframes smashin each other's sculls but we can challenge each other in other ways. Here comes arcady stuff.

Gameplay concentrated mostly around running missions, so we can add huge motivational aspect performed by Mission Rank. From "/S/uperb" to "/F/ailure" - pretty simple and classic point of competition. It may use various criterions like: time spent, enemies killed, dying / revival counter etc. If I do mission with rank A and some dude does it with C I gain bragging rights. I'm sure you already know that great thing about videogames isnt beating it but telling everyone online that I did it and how I did it. In this case leaderboards come in use.

This has to be turning point of balancing warframes, weapons, mods and such (imagine Volt running on Speed and then using Overload typing "LOLOLOLOLOL" - that's just silly). Every member of party can have his own challenge which already implemented in some way (Stylish Kills, Head Hunter and so on). Succeeding at those challenges would raise party's mission rank and visa versa. Great performance (lets say, all levels at Mercury have "S" rank) may be awarded by special bonus level or straing up items. There's lots of stuff you can do, really, I hope my point is clear.

Regarding game modes there were already many good opinions. First coming to mind is "Infinite Defence" endurance mode - # of waves counting. I would also like to see "Escape"-like mission when someone / something pursues player so he has to get out as fast as possible.

Right now it's a bit hard to see where game is going. At this moment its pretty much grindfest. We need something to justify it. For me competetive element is the best base for anything and I hope devs think it same direction

Couldn't agree more. Right now we're focused on stability, match-making and scaling issues. Sort of fire-fighting I think you could say. Our content team is cranking on a new environment set to add to the procedural generation system.

When that settles down we will be looking at these 'meta-game' issues. Global events. Time-limited leaderboards with rewards. Clan competition within our PvE framework...

Couldn't agree more. Right now we're focused on stability, match-making and scaling issues. Sort of fire-fighting I think you could say. Our content team is cranking on a new environment set to add to the procedural generation system.

When that settles down we will be looking at these 'meta-game' issues. Global events. Time-limited leaderboards with rewards. Clan competition within our PvE framework...

Everything is cool :) It's just me a bit worried about game.

Off topic: are you going to make any Platinum price tweaks regarding different regions? I mean, I'd like to buy Excalibur Prime founder package but in Russia - where I live - $50 is quite an amount. It applies to prices in general. I know its not likely you will do it because it'd be unjustly for European guys but man can dream...

• 2 months later...

Regional pricing provides an exploitable price differential. I could sign up from a proxy in russia and get russian prices, then resell the account for less than cost in USD in the US. I wouldn't, but I could.