Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

''heat-Level'' System (The Stalker Is Watching You.)

Torguish

Hello.

Me and my friend discussed an idea how you would make the stalker a bit more balanced as far as spawning foes AND gives you a little motivation and more of a thrill while you play.

So basically, this is a heat-level based system, which means the more you kill bosses, do mission (different types), visit planets and overall, make your mark in the star system, you gain heat levels.

Which after this means, depending on how high your heat level is, the stalker has a higher chance of spawning into your mission.

BUT! It doesn't stop there.

Right now there's only one stalker with and he's level 30 - 70 RANDOMLY. With heat levels, you could balance the stalker leveling depending on your time/warframe level/rank/damage output WHILE completing mission. If, let's say you would go into Mercury and you'd start slapping out 1200 crits into enemies, the heat level would rapidly go up into a point where the Stalker spawns at a level... 50 - 60 or more.

This would make you fear the Stalker and, i feel, add some thrill into the missions and make you feel more of a badass like ''YEAH STALKER, COME AT ME BRO'' when you slap enemies around killing them for you getting his attention.

It feels like you'd be actually challenging stalker AND you'd be able to get a weaker (can there BE a weaker version) of the stalker while leveling other weapons and Warframes.

Not to mention, while right now we have only 1 stalker. How about we add more different types of stalkers. I can't really say how, since this one has mixed and matched different skills but imagine if there was a Volt type or Saryn-ish Stalker and depending on your Heat-level, you'd actually have a chance of encountering them all. But this is getting a little out of topic when regarding the main suggestion.. :)

Also, the Heat level would rack up depending on the other group members heat levels.

So if you have (on a scale of 1 - 10 with 1 rank being 10 levels) 3 + 3 + 3, you'd get a level 90 Stalker which will mess you up unless if you aren't careful and played together with your teammates.

Not to mention, you could get 3 level 30 stalkers which all attack different targets and them being a group. (Only 1 drops blueprints).

This would really up the tension Stalker SHOULD bring, specially for a warrior that slaughters thousands of enemies with a sword while they have frikken lazor rifles and machine guns.

These are only raw ideas of course but i hope you people like this.. :)
Thank you guys!

Edited by Torguish

btw the Stalker spawns with a random level between 30 and 70.

AH, okies. Thanks :)

Well, i've seen him only at level 40. ONLY. like EVER. And i killed him quite a lot of times.

And also, this idea would eliminate that randomness... :3

And yes, i edited accordingly.

Edited by Torguish

Sorry I am just a new player, but the "stalker" sounds like an enemy Tennos, right?

This idea in my understanding, is like your reputation, right? As you gain your reputation, the stalker will notice you as a threat and try to hunt you down.

I think this is a great idea, the question I have is, is the stalker scary enough for players? And also if a mission you have a super player that has high heat level, while the others are low, than how is the stats of the stalker?

What do you think?

Sorry the second question you already have the answer :)

Edited by PIzzazza

Keep in mind there is lore regarding the stalker that we do not yet know. DE will be releasing more information on him at a later time so adding more stalkers and such might be contrary to the created lore. Great idea but it may not fit based on what has been created internally. If it doesn't contradict lore then I'd be all for challenging the stalker like you described.

Sorry I am just a new player, but the "stalker" sounds like an enemy Tennos, right?

This idea in my understanding, is like your reputation, right? As you gain your reputation, the stalker will notice you as a threat and try to hunt you down.

I think this is a great idea, the question I have is, is the stalker scary enough for players? And also if a mission you have a super player that has high heat level, while the others are low, than how is the stats of the stalker?

What do you think?

Sorry the second question you already have the answer :)

Well, for quick answer of what is a stalker:

Stalker is an enemy ''Warframe'' which, after you take down a boss, comes to hunt you in random mission. He isn't very difficult, specially when you are modded up and that's a real shame. So no, he isn't that scary, really. At least not for me, considering i kill him under 2 secs right now :| Also the chance of him actually spawning is also extremely low.

And the answer to the other question:

Basically, if possible, there will be 2 stalker. 1 targeting you and the other you higher level friend. The higher level Stalker WILL murder you if you stand in front of his attack. 

Another possibility is that the heat is that if you are not dealing as much damage, only 1 stalker appears, attacking your stronger friend AND you can help him out by attacking him also. But be sure to stand far away so you wouldn't get an arrow between your eyes accidentally.. :D But in this case, the Stalker would be leveled according to your teammates heat-level.

Upvoted.

This is a good suggestion so long as the lore is not contradicted as the above mentioned.

Keep in mind there is lore regarding the stalker that we do not yet know. DE will be releasing more information on him at a later time so adding more stalkers and such might be contrary to the created lore. Great idea but it may not fit based on what has been created internally. If it doesn't contradict lore then I'd be all for challenging the stalker like you described.

Aye, i know about the lore but it is possible, while they have ideas, they can build it into whatever they want still.

It's hard to believe with us having 20 Warframes the Stalker is alone. It would make (in my opinion) sense that they too would hunt in 4's, or however you play the game.

But yes, it would never want this to have a negative impact of the lore in any way! Thank you for looking past that :) 

I think this is a great idea, the question I have is, is the stalker scary enough for players?

See for yourself

Stalker-1.png

Stalker.png

This are images of the old stalker, he now uses a bow (Dread), throwing knifes (Despair) and a massive 2handed Scythe (Hate), but in the overall "warframe" looks, it's the same.

When he is appearing, the light start flickering, and them a "smoke bomb" pops up somewhere, and there he is. Nasty bastard :D

See for yourself

Stalker-1.png

Stalker.png

This are images of the old stalker, he now uses a bow (Dread), throwing knifes (Despair) and a massive 2handed Scythe (Hate), but in the overall "warframe" looks, it's the same.

When he is appearing, the light start flickering, and them a "smoke bomb" pops up somewhere, and there he is. Nasty bastard :D

And then you kill him before he can say ''potato''. 

What a mood killer. :D

Oh I see......What I mean is does this stalker challenging enough, to install fear to every mission when you are a heat level player :)

The only thing scary about him right now is the atmosphere he creates. Nothing else.. :D He's not really challenging or anything. I'm trying to fix that.. :)

I agree with this post, I've seen the Stalker at least three or four times and one of those times he never actually appeared, even though he was hissing at me for most of a mission. I guess he just thought 'F*** it, I'm going for a beer.'

i think the stalker needs his own model instead of having the Excalibur model with a different helmet.

nothing else? He doesn't need to be stronger? Give you a reason to be actually scared of uncertain wether or not you should go up against him?

I agree with this post, I've seen the Stalker at least three or four times and one of those times he never actually appeared, even though he was hissing at me for most of a mission. I guess he just thought 'F*** it, I'm going for a beer.'

Wow, usually he the lights flicker right away and he's like ''BRAKE YOSELF'' comes out and then ''WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?'' and leaves.. :D

It sort of depends on the environment in which you are playing when fighting stalker though.  When you play alone with most of your arsenal low level modded, he can be quite a challenge and can combo kill you really goddamn fast if you aren't careful.

I would like to see a team of stalkers that utilize the strengths of multiple warframes when hunting teams.  Perhaps the main stalker goes after the primary target, and the other ones go after the teammates to keep the main stalker's "mission" from being interrupted.  For example, have another stalker that has like some frost abilities that slow people down, so its harder to defend themselves/ their teammates.

I guess the key is that facing stalker one on one when you don't have obscenely powerful weapons can be pretty tense, as his shurikin can stun you, his Hate, does a ton of damage really fast, and his slash dash is brutal if you aren't ready for it.

It sort of depends on the environment in which you are playing when fighting stalker though.  When you play alone with most of your arsenal low level modded, he can be quite a challenge and can combo kill you really goddamn fast if you aren't careful.

I would like to see a team of stalkers that utilize the strengths of multiple warframes when hunting teams.  Perhaps the main stalker goes after the primary target, and the other ones go after the teammates to keep the main stalker's "mission" from being interrupted.  For example, have another stalker that has like some frost abilities that slow people down, so its harder to defend themselves/ their teammates.

I guess the key is that facing stalker one on one when you don't have obscenely powerful weapons can be pretty tense, as his shurikin can stun you, his Hate, does a ton of damage really fast, and his slash dash is brutal if you aren't ready for it.

My main debate for this is this:

Basically there are about 10 - 20 ''good'' warframes right now and the number is growing. What are the chances of there being only 1 Stalker? I mean, that does not seem that big of a threat when you look at it.. :D

But yeah, he can be tricky in some situations but most of the time, he is very, very easy. Thus, i think the Stalker encounters need to be heavily balanced accordingly to your MODs, Warframe, Rank and player amount. And i think the best way to do this, really, is just have mulitple stalkers, each with their own skill set and target when they come.

This would make you actually be afraid of them, like you are suppost to.