Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Traps

Calgacus

Apologies if this has been addressed before, I can't find anything on the search for it.

Simple thing.  I think the traps in the void should be indestructible.  They are a great idea but there's nothing worse than seeing people just blasting them and walking past. :)

+1

The void towers are absolutely beautiful, and if - as per their description -  they are supposed to be dangerous to explore then perhaps it should actually be dangerous to explore them?

Currently, lasers does "Tons of Damage" but is so easy to be destroyed. Same as enemies unless they are T3 enemies. What I would like to see are more trap-puzzles like the elevator hall. They did a good job at that since it not only triggers traps if you do it wrong but also prevents the players from getting the loot.

Edited by matrixEXO

The problem with adding more traps is, they're all lethal and kill you, and when they kill you. you lose EVERYTHING. And void missions are already rare pain in the &#! things. And even on top of that theres loot you can only get from doing void runs. So, you're shooting yourself in the foot really by making the void completely full of death at every corner.

I'm not arguing that a trap laid labyrinth thats randomly generated wouldnt be fun to navigate, but just given the context of void missions with the aforementioned, its just going to make it more frustrating than its worth.

The problem with adding more traps is, they're all lethal and kill you, and when they kill you. you lose EVERYTHING. And void missions are already rare pain in the &#! things. And even on top of that theres loot you can only get from doing void runs. So, you're shooting yourself in the foot really by making the void completely full of death at every corner.

I'm not arguing that a trap laid labyrinth thats randomly generated wouldnt be fun to navigate, but just given the context of void missions with the aforementioned, its just going to make it more frustrating than its worth.

I think if you fail a void mission you retain the key.  I've not confirmed that myself but that's what I've heard.  I'd love to see an increased key drop rate but more consequences if you fall to some of the traps.  Perhaps you should get locked out of 1 of the loot rooms if you can't do the puzzles?  It'd be sad to make such a cool place but then level the difficulty to suit the worst players.