Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weezedog

Major Nerf: Negative Duration Increases Energy Per Second Consumed On Toggled Abilities

Duration Frames with toggles benefit the most from these change. Non Duration frames with Toggles are a worse. How many Non Duration Toggles are out there? Um.. Oh.

Here's a concept for all of you crying about this.... make a balanced build.

Wow, that was tough.

I simply do not care. I have been doing balanced builds since forever. So many tears from people who spam 4 or E..

Duration Frames with toggles benefit the most from these change. Non Duration frames with Toggles are a worse. How many Non Duration Toggles are out there? Um.. Oh.

Excalibur Exalted Blade Build

Chroma Effigy Build

Mesa Peacemaker Build

Equinox Pacify/Provoke and Mend/Maim Builds

Or in other words every frame with a toggle ability.....

The problem here would be that people are modding their frames for one ability, and only one ability... Most likely because that one ability is so goddamn strong it pretty much makes the rest of the kit useless in comparison. 

Besides that, I think it's unlikely you'll ever get to see your abilities take all the benefits without any of the downsides of corrupted mods. 

Or that the other abilities are so bad they aren't worth modding for. Which is true just as often as people modding for specific abilities. 

I agree to xToxicSnowmanx,

im a well paying player of this game but this change let me overthink.

I guess when there is not a single change to that i will leave the game forever and i think there are other people who think the same.

Please dont understand me wrong i appreciate the most changes but this one is wrong i hope they can find a more comfortable sollution.

You can keep my grammar mistakes :-)

As time passes every fame is being affected by most (if not all) stats, yet Loki can still disarm away at full range, have a decent duration, crank up the efficiency and still be absolutely ok. 

I really don't get it. 

Gotta love devs addressing multishot mods and the inbound nerf for them but don't even whisper about this and break our builds. Yay~

Goddamn, this community...

Im pretty happy with this change, less min maxing is good.

Here's a question, why?

Build diversity? Its obvious

Isn't build diversity if I'm forced to use duration mods just so I can keep my abilities up longer.

The only build I can use on my excal now is his balanced build that has only has streamline on it. As for his max strength build? I can throw that in the water since blind rage forces me to add fleeting, while Transient will now force me to add duration, so will fleeting too. So what do I have to do now? Replace 3 of my mods for survival for just so I can add duration and make the cost sustainable.

Corrupted mods allow a player to sacrifice their abilities for some abilities they use most of the time. People say fleeting had no downside but that -60% duration sure made some skills totally useless unless if you added duration.

Now? Not so much, I'll just go back to adding the non-corrupted version on toggle frames since I'm just messing the builds up by adding fleeting.

Here's a concept for all of you crying about this.... make a balanced build.  

Wow, that was tough.

So screw people who don't want to run a generic +% every stat build, right? That's some wonderful build diversity right there!

Thank you DE for Totaly destroy My Banshee.. now i can Delete this  She is completly useless...

What? I'm sorry, but out of all the frames with toggables, Banshee feels the least affected unless you based everything around her Soundquake. Especially since negative duration would be a negative to all her other abilities(Sonar and Silence are boss, especially with their augments). She's one of the few frames a +% on all stats is actually really good-which is probably why I didn't notice this toggable ability change affecting her more then other frames.

Although, if you want to run her 4 the most, you should be able to, and I'm sorry this patch screwed it for you.

I almost miss the mod card setup at this point..

Build diversity? Its obvious

This change actually results in less build diversity, not more. It greatly reduces the number of viable builds available to these frames. 

I thought this change was supposed to make it easier to mod for toggled abilities not harder?

Who on earth thought this was a buff? It was 100% clearly a nerf, nothing else.

It's sad that they went through so quickly with this though, I even tried to help them out with how they could've made Power Duraiton interesting even for Toggles, without doing this rushed, non-thought-through and uninspired "efficiency"-route. Lemme show you guys my ideas too:

* Spectral Scream - Let its breath leave elemental residue when it hits targets or environment, which damages those that touch the residue. Residue time affected by power duration.

* Effigy - The roar's stun time and its spectral scream could also leave residue behind. Time of both affected by power duration.

* Soundquake - A channeled ability on the "Sniper", which has a damagebuff-ability (Sonar) sounds wrong to me. Why not make it a Soundquake bomb or something, that doesn't root Banshee in place? (Place bomb like a mine, then when an enemy gets in proximity of it or Banshee activates it manually by pressing the ability again, it triggers the soundquake at the bomb's location, which works similar to now, but with a max duration (affected by power duration) and without the need of Banshee standing still!)

* World on Fire - Leaves fiery patches where Ember walks and/or where explosions occur, dealing damage to enemies walking over them. Patch time affected by power duration

* Mend and Maim - Upon deactivation, enemies from Maim get stunned and allies' overhealed get an "iron skin"-esque cloak on them. Duration of stun and cload affected by power duration.

* Pacify and Provoke - When allies' are hurt (Pacify) or cast abilities (Provoke), they gain a selfbuff (reducing damage or increasing Power Strength respectively, also being benefitted upon the triggering attack/cast). Duration of these buff timers affected by power duration, and they are not refreshed until they are depleted. Fixes both insane energy depletion and power duration issues.

* Exalted Blade - Wave time (thus range) affected by power duration. Wave width affected by power range.

* Undertow - Upon releasing enemies, the Undertow damage lingers on them for a brief moment. Linger time affected by power duration.

* Peacemaker 2,0 - Reticle shrink speed per shot done affected by power duration.

* Absorb - No longer drains energy on damage taken, but has a max duration, affected by power duration. Still has an initial cost and drain over time, as well as remains triggerable at any time.

* Renewal - Toggle mechanic entirely removed. Simply made a "fire and forget" orb with instant heal and heal over time (which lasts its full duration on the target no matter what). Healing over time affected linearly, rather than inversely, by power duration

* Hysteria - I dunno, maybe claws' reach affected by power duration or something? Could probably think of something here.

* Petrify - Should've not been another toggle in the first place. Just make it a conical quick "stare" which instantly applies petrification on enemies (they still gradually turn into stone, Power Strength still speeds up the petrification speed, Duration affects the total petrification+turned to stone time)

But we have to live with this said duration change. So, here is my help in regards to how you easily mod your 'frame so it's still an ability caster:

1) Fleeting Expertise at +50%

2) Streamline at +25%

3) Primed Continuity (or combination of durationboosting mod) at +50%, at least

What that does is:

You reach the efficiency cap. You have no penalty to duration. Done!

It's boring, but that's what we have to do now.

This change actually results in less build diversity, not more. It greatly reduces the number of viable builds available to these frames.

No it doesn't. It actually increases build diversity by promoting the use of other (in this case duration) builds because they're actually usable now that you didn't kill everything for efficiency.

No it doesn't. It actually increases build diversity by promoting the use of other (in this case duration) builds because they're actually usable now that you didn't kill everything for efficiency.

If to you build diversity means killing other builds, then it's not diversity. Any max strength build just to go the drain for what? Promote balanced build? If so, then using non-corrupted mods like continuity solved the problem that never existed in the first place.

If to you build diversity means killing other builds, then it's not diversity. Any max strength build just to go the drain for what? Promote balanced build? If so, then using non-corrupted mods like continuity solved the problem that never existed in the first place.

So when one extremely specific build for one specific power kills all the other abilities while making that ability the only viable one, the solution is to leave it alone. Got it. 13.5/10 best logic.

There's not supposed to be an overall objectively best build for any frame. Your choices on what mods to put in are what's supposed to make the build the "best". Sure, you wouldn't mod for shields on a Valkyrie, but you wouldn't mod for armor on more than half of the other frames either. You're supposed to have several choices on what to build and why.

I'm sorry, what builds? 

Low power-cost was not a build, because you could pretty much use high efficiency on everything with little to no loss. And don't give me the "Durration Suffurred HURR!", because If you used Fleeting and a maxed streamline, you would actually buff your duration builds since you would gain more time for every point of energy spent than you lost, with the only downsides being having to cast something more often. 

Most builds in the game before this change all had Fleeting Expertise in them, hence every build used Fleeting Expertise, hence Fleeting Expertise had no play in build-diversity at all since it was always there. Now there is MORE build diversity since people will have to weigh between duration and efficiency on toggle-able abilities, as it should've been from the start.