Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hek Shooting Sound

Anneliese.Clausewitz

simple solution: move it to another gun that sounds like crap, plenty of those, and revert hek`s sound

and reduce prisma grakata`s sound volume while we`re at it it sounds S#&$ty and so damn loud I can`t hear anything while firing it...........

gosh and u say the new hek sound is good for being on same level as other guns AFTER you reworked grakata`s sound

• 2 weeks later...

As several people have already mentioned here, 'familiarity' isn't the problem here and as much as I've grown to respect and even admire DE forum staff in some ways, I'm honestly insulted by how our feedback is written off and dismissed as such. But at this point it seems clear that your sound department have little intention to revert or refine a change that affects the experience of long-time users in ways that they don't understand, so I'll just take my Sancti Tigris, wish you a good day and leave.

No. I personally really appreciate your efforts, but if the new Hek's sfx is supposed to be an improvement in shotgun sounds, please allow the Tigris's to stay as absolute space garbage. Thank you.

Is it just me or did Vaykor Marelok get the same treatment? I just played the Hive mission on Eris (Sortie) and ... wow ...

Perhaps we are just missing some lore here and that Vaykor is Grineer for 'gently fizzling fart'.

...can't wait to log in and check out what happened to the V. Marelok.  I'm just glad I've mostly switched to the....(oh wait, not going to say it lest it get the same treatment).

So i came back from a few months of being unable to play.  (apparently my laptop refused to check for new content) But when I went to go use my favorite gun, the Hek, expecting the powerful BANG that i'm used to, i've been left with a soft ..."biff" sound.  I am extremely disappointed with this design change and less inclined to even use the gun anymore.  A weapon can have all the nice stats in the world, but if it doesn't feel fun to use, and that includes sound effects, people aren't going to use it as much.

Please DE, change it back to the sound effect it had before the change! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to update that I still can't use my 5 forma hek in even the simplest and most 'fun' missions I do lately because of pure disappointment.  I'm as sad as my hek sounds now.  I actually forgot that I have it yesterday and I almost sold it just because I just... get no enjoyment from shooting it anymore.

19 hours ago, ZiiiiViiii said:

Just wanted to update that I still can't use my 5 forma hek in even the simplest and most 'fun' missions I do lately because of pure disappointment.  I'm as sad as my hek sounds now.  I actually forgot that I have it yesterday and I almost sold it just because I just... get no enjoyment from shooting it anymore.

Agree. I have stopped using it too because the awesomeness is just gone now. Looks like they wont listen to their player base & do something about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Small bump just so people still remember this is an issue :P

I started using my VHek again, I just can't get over the "new" sound. Such an awesome weapon, such weak ridiculous sound, like shaking a bag of cereal. I've read the dev post at the start of this thread and I'd say we've given it enough time to properly, objectively say that the new sound, while similar, is not nearly as good and immersive as the original one.

30 minutes ago, Kaldo said:

Small bump just so people still remember this is an issue :P

I started using my VHek again, I just can't get over the "new" sound. Such an awesome weapon, such weak ridiculous sound, like shaking a bag of cereal. I've read the dev post at the start of this thread and I'd say we've given it enough time to properly, objectively say that the new sound, while similar, is not nearly as good and immersive as the original one.

honestly I have adapted, but I STILL want the old one back

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Bizzaro21 said:

took long enough to realize that xD

Oh it was pretty obvious, but we just wanted to make sure they knew that we didn't agree. I don't want some snothead foley artist sitting there thinking his abomination of a shotgun sound is god's gift to audio.

13 hours ago, ACorpse said:

Oh it was pretty obvious, but we just wanted to make sure they knew that we didn't agree. I don't want some snothead foley artist sitting there thinking his abomination of a shotgun sound is god's gift to audio.

Agree. So this is how they listen to the community :-( 

last I heard DE, the devs should listen to the community`s majority on stuff that won`t break the game, why won`t u revert it? sure add reverb and variant sounds every shot effects that the new sound has, but put them on the old one

I mean, if they're dead set on making it compatible with the new effects set, then just redo it from scratch to be more like what the players want while still meeting the criteria for audio processing.

This version is garbage. Just, garbage.

What the Hek?!

So you all feel very strongly about this I guess? ;)

As I mentioned in a previous post a number of pages back, a little while ago we changed the way we play back weapon sounds in the game.  The Hek was a legacy weapon that we thought would fit better with a fresh take on the original sound... we truly did want to keep the original intent of the weapon while bringing it up to par with the newer weapon sounds and also with the new weapon playback system.  We really feel that the new sound better fits the weapon and we stand by that.

But...

At the end of the day we want you to be happy with the Hek and it is sad to see so many of you shelving the weapon because you didn't like the new sound direction.  Rest assured that we do read every forum post and we do care how you feel about the sound in the game.  The fact that so many of you care this much about the sound is great, actually.

So...

The next hotfix will have the original sound put back on the weapon, and we made it work with the new weapon sound tech.

[DE]George.