The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Peacemaker After 17.5 Comparison

SignOfTheTaurus

What do you guys think about Mesa changes?

In my opinion it was good way to make this ability like this, because we were just standing in one place and holding fire button which maked it really boring and too easy to use. But bad think is the weak damage makes this ability little useless, on higher level missions even before patch/nerf I wasnt using peacemaker because I could not stand in one position for longer than several seconds and my shotgin weapons do a lot more damage that peacemaker even if it was Aimboted Edited by SignOfTheTaurus

Wait, I can't see that ring when I'm playing at low graphics :(

PD: About topic, I don't dislike this "nerf". This will make Mesa players work more and not just leave the click pressed and drink a coffee.

About damage, I think now will be a must use a buffer (Mirage-Rhino) if people want to use Mesa at "endgame", I just tried a build at Solo on ODD and work just great in 20 waves.

Edited by Zacaa09

I honestly am okay with the changes. I never got the chance to sink a lot of forma into Mesa to begin with, but when mesa originally came out I was more disappointed with the fact that 4 didn't just equip the Regulators as weapons, and this is much closer to that at least in my mind. I always ran mesa with natural talent so I could quickly pop in and out and the rework seems to reinforce that.

Now I'm just waiting on an augment mod that lets you slowly walk. How badass would that be? I'm really trying to pick up steam for that.

I hope the ring can be a little bit bigger, it's really tired to aim like this, it's like using a continuous weapon, holding left key while moving the mouse constantly really hurt my hand.

although I don't use mesa much.

Edited by lazy529

I hope the ring can be a little bit bigger, it's really tired to aim like this, it's like using a continuous weapon, holding left key while moving the mouse constantly really hurt my hand.

although I don't use mesa much.

Increase sensitivity / aiming speed?  I play games often 12+ hours a day and have never had this problem - except in games with horribly slow mouse sensitivity that can't be adjusted.  Occasionally my left hand or elbow gives out from too many key presses, especially shift / control with pinky...but not mouse hand / arm.

Edited by SleepingSentry

What bothers me about this is they didn't change the animations.

So she's shooting at a 90 degree angle from the target for no reason?

Did they realize that the entire ability was built around the original mechanics and now if they change the animations to make it make any sense at all? They'd basically just have her standing there shooting forward without any flair.

In that way, they ruined her ultimate.

Give her animations that make sense.

Either way, it's not gunkata anymore.

It's just lame.

Edited by SweetSlaanesh

Mesa needs an overhaul in general. Her 1 is useless, her 2 is a buff that just randomly applies to one of your team memebers(aka, basically useless), her 3 is just a DR skill(boring), and her 4 is just standing inplace and holding a button(except now enemies have to be inside of a shrinking ring for you to hit them. So much for Mesa being an amazing marksman)

Edited by JerZeyCJ

Mesa needs an overhaul in general. Her 1 is useless, her 2 is a buff that just randomly applies to one of your team memebers(aka, basically useless), her 3 is just a DR skill(boring), and her 4 is just standing inplace and holding a button(except now enemies have to be inside of a shrinking ring for you to hit them. So much for Mesa being an amazing marksman)

Agree, Mesa needs an entire rework. This frame is trash. Was only ever popular because it was extremely OP at most mob levels. Now that this skill is garbage and unfun to use, we will be seeing fewer and fewer Mesa frames.

Why now have a number 1 ability that increase and decrease spread, number 2 that reduces recoil, #3 is OK as is, #4 needs mobilty. Stand in place skill is boring regardless if powerful or not.

The reason people like me and others hate this is because she is basically a sitting duck using peacemaker in general.

If they made her able to be mobile while using this ability then I would say that this is a buff but they just basically made it a chore to use her now. Almost near impossible to solo with her now because of her being nerfed.

Just because they made the DPS stronger doesn't make it better.

We liked her because in a way she was an AOE frame but now that's been cut in half. With the fact that the the bigger the iris the more enemies you can hit. The smaller it gets the less enemies you can hit making her 4th ability useless and stating the reason on why we dislike her now 

Don't get people who call mesa trash and claim she needs a complete rework. There is nothing wrong with her first 3 ablities and her 4 simply needs a more visible ring and maybe a damage multiplier that increases damage as the ring gets smaller. The change was a good one I like mesa a lot and played her often but hated how people where missuseing her 4 ablity. This change rewards people who pay attion to what's going on and keep the circle on what needs to die while punishing those who sat there using mesa as a press 4 to win frame.

Edited by October0Night